Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

ashs1

Padawan
Well, our first Unit contains DOS ( weird ) & since, it was first week & lots of students didn't have IT-related subjects in their PG course ( B.com/BBA,etc..), she had to go through the basics for other students.

Flash

Lost in speed
I wonder how she will check the IP of the computer without using ipconfig or web service..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This happened today at our college.

During ms-dos practicals ( PG level), Teacher was explaining simple commands like cd, md, cd.., cd/ for command prompt & then asked us to try out these commands.( chillar stuff :p )
Girl : mam, i have used the md command but there's no folder on the drive.
Teacher : try another name.
Girl : This also doesn't works.
Teacher : ( gets frustrated as this was a PG class & she was already stuck on class 1 :-x ) ok, wait a min, i'll come.

Teacher goes over to her place to check out the commands. Apparently, she typed the commands perfectly, but she never pressed enter after the commands. She used backspace to type new commands. :wwe::facepalm:

Girl's n00b level,

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/chit-chat/12034d1378248203-post-dumbest-thing-youve-ever-heard-about-technology-cool-over-9000.jpg

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
There's so much noobishness around, I even forget the most recent noob statement.

It really breaks my heart to see people buying samsung grand duos over Xperia L just because it has dual SIM. And the statements about Sony tire me out. 'Sony's battery life is low, sony phones overheat, sony phones don't last long, sony phones are expensive' etc.

So nowadays, just to make people understand, I have started referring to Cortex A5 as Celeron and Krait as Core i5 :D. You'll be surprised how quickly that hits the right notes with people. :wink:

And still people keep asking me, "Is sony's touch response as good as samsung's?"

Some people ask me if Sony's sound quality is really good. I told them that it's decent, but if they want real good sound, they might consider buying a third party IEM and they could get decent ones for ~1k. Their first response is:

headphone for 1k :shock: [dying...]
Their next response is, "If sony's sound quality is also not good enough, I would rather go with Samsung."

I mean, what is it with the people? It's like Samsung has cast the Imperious curse on everyone :-x
-----------

Same with Intel. I told a friend I was buying a lappy with AMD processor cuz and Intel one with comparable gfx card was out of my budget. his response, "I've never liked AMD Processors"
Me: why?
Him: Just... they are just not as good as intel
Me: Have you ever used one?
Him: No. But I have seen other people use it. And they don't last as long as intel.

He goes on to add: "Processor is not just about performance, it's about the overall longevity of the PC of laptop. Since I have an Intel lappy, I can confidently say that I'll be using it for at least 5 years."
Me: Thanks for the lesson... geek god... :p

And this is a guy who never uses his lappy on AC power coz he has read somewhere that charging a laptop battery to 100% reduces its life. So he disconnects the charger when battery is 80% charged. That means over a usage of 4 hours, he charges and discharges the battery almost twice.
Such fast charge-discharge cycles, I mean he's torturing the battery. I'm just waiting for the day his batter gives up on him.

And this guy thinks he knows so much, that when I suggested him a Logitech wireless combo for 1.2k he said, "huh... if I'll pay 1.2k for Logitech, why wouldn't I just pay 200 more and get a Microsoft Wireless combo."

Me: :facepalm:

As I said, no limit to noobishness. I've since stopped giving any tech advice to this person.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Friend asked me which is the best phone for 20k,He said he's thinking of canvas 4,I said avoid it,Xperia L is much better.
After so much,he ended up buying canvas 4 only :/

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Yay! A Potterhead! :razz:

Lol... Yeah, I am

Friend asked me which is the best phone for 20k,He said he's thinking of canvas 4,I said avoid it,Xperia L is much better.
After so much,he ended up buying canvas 4 only :/

A friend once asked me for a suggestion on buying a television. I implored him to go for a full HD television. But in the end he ended up buying a 32" TV with 1366x768 res coz the sales guy said that LED was better and resolution didn't matter much.
I decided never to help him on tech matters again.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^ Because some people started naming someone who was not supposed to be name(You-don't-know-who, yet he shall not me named)(Yes, Cool Buddy, Inceptionist, me too!). It was me, Serpent and a few others. The one-who-shall-not-be-named was Lord NoasArcAngel. :D :D

*fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546970_678815475480695_569675917_n.jpg

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Yesterday in UML lab, the faculty asked a girl to open the task manager. Few seconds later all girls in the row were whispering "whats task manager?". One girl opened control panel and proudly said that she has opened the task manager.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Its because of upbringing, girls given the girly treatment.
I know some girls, who are the only child for their parents or are the first child, they are all motivated from childhood by their parents to study and learn and given all facilities and toys that boys usually ask for, and they do really well with computers too! society is a *****

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*imageshack.us/a/img844/2923/rr8p.jpg
Dumb errors in news paper ad.
1. 'Galaxy' missing from note 2, note 3 and quattro
2. '/' in between S and 4
3. Iphone 5s hasn't been launched in India yet.
4. Apple iPaid
5. Nokia lunia series.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/178369-pc-hangs-if-i-kick-cpu-cabinet.html

Question is valid but check the answers :lol:

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/178369-pc-hangs-if-i-kick-cpu-cabinet.html

Question is valid but check the answers :lol:

There is a guy in my class who actually supports this. he says that molecules become rigid and when shock reaches molecules in parts they become flexible and things start working.

Top Bottom