Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Looks cool, very artistic.

Just to show the limitations of a jpeg. You can see the banding in the colors of the sunset. The raw file would've given much better performance

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC07106_zpsgjwxlgxm.jpg
Doesn't it look like Prashant's editing? But not an intentional one. :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't have high end cameras like you guys but use my mobile camera to capture some pics when get time
Phone - Lg G2. Mode - Intelligent Auto
Not that these are excellent PP, just to give you a perception. I liked b/w, you try and post re-worked photographs.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Not that these are excellent PP, just to give you a perception. I liked b/w, you try and post re-worked photographs.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/aniket1_zpsoy8colbc.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/aniket2_zps5jzhsl7f.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/aniket3_zpsm3v5uyiq.jpg

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]: very nicely done, specially the last one where the fibre/hair on the bud are visible.
[MENTION=265475]anikkket[/MENTION] : You'll find that a lot of people in these threads are using pretty basic cameras. It's more about how well you use it. Like in the above, just following the rule of thirds, using a BW mode, and looking for the proper lighting could have given you great photos right out of the cam. So keep shooting and posting and we'll give you all the help we can

beingGamer

In the zone
uploadfromtaptalk1426189405474.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426189429930.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*www.digit.in/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15283&d=1426189417

*www.digit.in/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15284&d=1426189441
It's better if you upload in image hosting site and post the link here.

Check this link

When doing PP, just do it subtle. I don't know whether water draining on the lens or it's a PP (bicycle shot).
Your watermark doesn't have to pop out like in this photograph ;)
Make sure focus is on the subject
Keep shooting and post here if you're interested in getting comments.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am almost close to posting my PP of Prashant's. But... He did an excellent job with PP of the photograph. I didn't do justice to the photograph. So I am not posting. Kudos to Prashant. You have done an excellent PP work, much more than photographing it (No offense and not that your photograph is any slouch). :doublethumb:

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
On a personal note i like the color more... The shades, the golden hue and all.

I think the bw could be given a blue tint to make it look like a night shot. That might make it look more awesome

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think the bw could be given a blue tint to make it look like a night shot. That might make it look more awesome
Why do you want it look like a night shot when the sun is up? ;) So I guess, your version is coming up with night shot look...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Anyone has experience with color grading. It really helps in giving a professional look to images. I am currently trying to learn it. I have seen several tutorials on another technique called frequency seperation which is again very good. What is does is seperates skin tone and skin texture into different layers so we can easily correct the uneven tones (natural or caused by lighting) without losing texture. It can also let you achieve a clean look if you are doing a magazine or wedding portrait.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anyone has experience with color grading. It really helps in giving a professional look to images. I am currently trying to learn it. I have seen several tutorials on another technique called frequency seperation which is again very good. What is does is seperates skin tone and skin texture into different layers so we can easily correct the uneven tones (natural or caused by lighting) without losing texture. It can also let you achieve a clean look if you are doing a magazine or wedding portrait.
I may have heard about colour grading (but I am not sure), but frequency separation... I don't think so. This is the first I am hearing about it. I will google and see if I can try it.

raja manuel

In the zone

Colour grading – If you mean the feature that is known as colour toning in Raw Therapee, yes I've been using it a lot of late. It is an amazing tool when used along with B&W conversion on high contrast images.

Frequency separation – Easily done in Gimp using the wavelet decomposition plugin - very powerful tool, use it a lot for portraits. Also available in RawTherapee as Contrast by Detail level but that is only for control of detail for now.

Top Bottom