Post Info about your Regional Language Softwares here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

We all know that M$ is going desi to cater to the needs of the regional local language users. So I have created this thread to let each one of us know more about the developments in this field.

I request you all to post your local language software which works with M$ Products and host of other products and a link to download those softwares.

To start with, Here is an example .... (P.S. -- I am from Karnataka)

visit

*www.cdacindia.com

to download i-leap an Indian Language software that creates documents in 15 Indian Languages.

Visit

*www.baraha.com

to download Baraha, a south Indian Language Software Create documents in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi.

Visit

*www.kannadakasturi.com

to download a Kannada - English - Kannada Dictionary Software

You can include some of your popular regional language softwares here... :D

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Check for info about your local language here....

*www.worldlanguage.com/ProductTypes/Software-Windows.htm

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
COOL LINKS ... :D

SHREE LIPI 5.0
*www.modular-infotech.com/html/

AKSHARA - Multi Lingual Word Processor
*www.languagetechnologies.ac.in/lerc/akshara/backg.htm

DATA FLOW -- Indian Language DTP
*www.devyani.com/et/indian.htm

LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE CENTRES
*www.languagetechnologies.ac.in/lerc/oltrc/oltrc.htm

Indic Scripts in Unicode
*www.tamil.net/people/sivaraj/unicode.html

GO HINDI
*www.gohindi.com/aboutus.htm

Please more cool links here.... :D

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
posted it earlier too

Go to this page .. and get all the support for hindi you want from m$

*www.bhashaindia.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

Windows XP Language Interface Pack(LIP)
Microsoft Windows XP Language Interface Pack (LIP) is a high-quality, localized "skin" for emerging or minority language markets. Based on MUI technology, LIP provides the desktop user with an approximately 80% localized user experience by translating a reduced set of user interface elements.

Its a nice utility download it from the page mentioned above.
Actually see windows in HINDI

adhavan

Broken In
Tamil Software

I use two tamil software

1.Here is a tamil version of mozilla thamizha at *sourceforge.net/projects/thamizha/. You have all your menus, toolbars captioned in tamil and a collection of tamil websites in the bookmarks section.

2.eKallapai is a software that lets you you type in tamil in almost any windows software. download it from *www.gbizg.com/Tamilfonts/ekalappai.htm

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
We are also developing our own distribution with indian language support ... right now , the three projects going around my circle are...

1) Indictrans : GnuBhaartii : Marathi interface to GNOME
2) IndLinux : Milan : Gujju interface to GNOME.
3) Gnoware : With indian language support.

firewall

In the zone
Well i can read/write Bengali, btw here is Ankur Bangla - The GNU/Linux in Bengali...

*www.bengalinux.org/screenshots/gnome/images/Screen_Totem.jpg

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
But why do you/we need an ANSI/ASCII based software when we have to give tghe language documents to others, we are forced to give at least the fonts, if not the software. When Unicode is there, just add that support in Windows 2000/XP. Even Bengali and Oriya are now added with SP2. Just add languages in setting->regional setting and languages, add languages and keyboards. Though the keyboards (IME) in Windows are not usable for most of us, for Hindi and Urdu, there are phonetic keyboards layouts too available for those accustomed to English QWERTY keyboard. Those created by yours truly are available in Files sectioin of www.groups.yahoo.com/urdu_computing/ and www.groups.yahoo.com/IndicComputing. Join these groups and you may learn much about using regional languages through Unicode.
Aijaz

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
gr8 that there are sooooo many language packs , other than MS .

sad thing is not learning our native languages , atleast to some extent . we seem to be in a hurry to learn other languages , ( 3 months course for c , c++ etc ) , klingonese (for die hard star trek fan ) , body language ( for those marketing people ) , but forget how wonderful and deep our own languages go . it would be gr8 if for a new years resolution , people would spend little time trying to learn our own languages more indepth .u might think reading outta a 3rd std language book might be odd , but dont we learn from scratch when we learn computer languages ?

r there software packs that read out regional languages , eg , Encarta had that language tool where it read out basic words and numbers from major languages . i learnt a lil bit of french from it ;)

@cooljeba : man for artiste's like u , it would be just gr8 if u learn to write in tamil . try writing ur name or nik in tamil and adding a touch of 3d , really is a beautiful language , spoken and written .

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Any more suggestions? please post it here...

FEW RELATED LINKS
=============
*www.lastech.com/products/indoweb/indoweb.htm

*www.lingua-uk.com/1indian.htm

*www.modular-infotech.com/html/arthalekha.html

*www.gnu.org.in/software/software.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom