**Post all your Windows vista Related Queries Here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
i have seen so many winvista related questions regarding so many doubts..So this thread is dedicated concerning any kind of vista relating questions..Post all ur queries in this single thread and keep this forum clean:)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
There are just too many things to be posted in 1 thread!

Besides, you haven't posted any of your queries.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
nishant_nms said:
does 915 supports aero. If yes then with how much RAM. Post ur experience

Check if your Windows XP-based PC can run Windows Vista with this s/w:)
*www.download.com/Windows-Vista-Upgrade-Advisor/3000-2086_4-10582588.html?tag=lst-0-1

Third Eye

gooby pls
QwertyManiac said:
I am using Linux, should I go for Vista when it comes? Why if yes and why if not too? :p

Go for Vista when it comes because vista is simple to use and similar to xp.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
QwertyManiac said:
I am using Linux, should I go for Vista when it comes? Why if yes and why if not too? :p
It depends on the individual ...:rolleyes:And windows vista and Linux are totally two diff options..:neutral:IF u had asked me shud i remain using xp or shud i switch to vista when it releases i would have said u switch to vista as from the past experience you would have seen and used win98 and switched to winxp;) just for heck of its development and to be upgraded yourself :D

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
rakeshishere said:
Check if your Windows XP-based PC can run Windows Vista with this s/w:)
*www.download.com/Windows-Vista-Upgrade-Advisor/3000-2086_4-10582588.html?tag=lst-0-1
I won't be able to use the software because I have not got the PC but my frd has got it. And he cannot use it the reason it requires net connection

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
nishant_nms said:
I won't be able to use the software because I have not got the PC but my frd has got it. And he cannot use it the reason it requires net connection

Well if u havnt bought ur pc then see this link b4 u buy it

*www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

and for ur frnd suggest him to ask the M$ if his hardware supports vista by joining their mailing list and gving a mail:)

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I have downloaded Vista RC1 and wanna try it. I have 6600LE Gfx card, and 1GB RAM, AMD athlon 2800+,80GB HDD...So no h/w probs. How much min. space required for Vista..I wanna install it without disturbing XP. Will 4GB enough (Just to check out the new OS).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It requires at least 8gb free space, but i recomment at least 10Gb for drivers nd swap files nd all.
If u gonna install the x64 version then it will take upto 10~12Gb nd xtra for swap files!!!!

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Thanx Arvind... Does Vista RC1 requires any activation or key things... I want to burn that to DVD..Is it worth burning/ wasting 13Rs. for Vista.... I'm not becoming too Kanjus here...But dont want to unecessarily waste one DVD for Vista..

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
hard_rock said:
Thanx Arvind... Does Vista RC1 requires any activation or key things... I want to burn that to DVD..Is it worth burning/ wasting 13Rs. for Vista.... I'm not becoming too Kanjus here...But dont want to unecessarily waste one DVD for Vista..

Vista RC1 is still under development and is not fullfledged version..And it too requires activation and well u need the serial for installation and making a vista rc1 copy would be nice as i think because every1 cannot afford the full version

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Intresting argue on using Vista & Linux :D

Well, I m using WinXP Pro, Win Vista & ofcourse Linux.
Ne comments?

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Thanx Rakesh for the info... I just wanted to check out the new OS. I have to burn a Linux DVD, so dint wanted to waste a DVD for VISTA(Virus Intruders Spyware Trojan Adware) which I'm not too much interested in.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
kya yaar...just burnit on a 12/-rs DVD. After all its the VISTA. And even if we can't buy the full, we can just be satisfied with this beta.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
hard_rock said:
Thanx Rakesh for the info... I just wanted to check out the new OS. I have to burn a Linux DVD, so dint wanted to waste a DVD for VISTA(Virus Intruders Spyware Trojan Adware) which I'm not too much interested in.

Nice defintion:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom