Poor student, career options.

Minion

Conversation Architect
If you are weak in maths then go for diploma .First two year in B.Tech is simply waste of time it has some worthless subjects like physics,chemistry,maths,electical,analog electronics,thermodynamics.look if you are opting for computer science what those subject help you in:evil:

:lol:See I too is weak in maths I didn't know when i was persuing for B.tech that i will be facing those subjects again, I thought I will have branch subjects only where I am very good at. Due to this my B.tech CGPA is not very good in first two years but in final year I was 2nd topper in my branch.

Again buddy if you score less than 60 in 12th it is very worse condition better opt for diploma and minimum you will score will above 60%.

Lastly what is your interest really matters a lot, don't listen to people decide what you need to do and what you are better at.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Just don't panic now. LET the result get declared, then revert back, only after that we might be able to guide you further. Also, i would suggest you talk to your school Councillor (if you have one) or any other private education consultant, he might better be able to guide than us.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
you are already talking like your result is out and you failed the exam!!!

the better idea is that study again in 12th to pass the exam rather than diploma...

that will leave you plenty of career choices + you'll not regret the decision in your whole life..

OR why not choose biology in 12th instead of math if you think you are weak???

study the 12th class again with biology as major...it'll waste one more year but at least you'll do good in 12th, and hence many career options after that...
lol...To get Biology he has to study 11th again tooo........

Can you shed some reason please?

And I must say that, CBSE is not generous in giving marks in maths in 12th. No step marking!

I dunno what are talking about but only if i could show you an original marking scheme provided to teachers then maybe i could help you understand that there do exists Step marking in Maths question for 4 makrers and 6 markers and its an integral part of that scheme.
Dont confuse.
***Wish My Match teacher would have been forum member too***

sumansherlock

Broken In
You don't want to sit in home,then the diploma is only option left and engineering would be very easy after doing diploma..

AFAIK You can take direct entry to the 2nd year(3rd sem)B.E after doing diploma

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
I never talked about Step Marking. It's not 10th class. It's 12th. I am talking about the guidelines that teachers get for checking board papers. Here are some of them (after enquiring from about 5 teachers who regularly check boards papers every year).

We use a red pen, as well as a blue pen, to correct some answers and to write some answers ourselves, if the student is NOT passing, but can be easily passed by 1-2 questions.

Even if the last answer is NOT correct, full marks may be given for an attempt with all the formulas written with calculations.

There's nothing like 1/2. It's always 0 or 1. And for giving 0, teachers have to ensure that NOTHING was written in the place of that question. Even if you write something, which is not even half correct, still there's high possibility you will get 1 mark.

BUT, i would not advice anyone to plan with these things in mind. PS. All teachers are different, they may or may not comply with these instructions. Some are strict too. But this is common world scenario.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Hoping to get compartment & if I do get it, I am positive that I will clear math exam. If so happens I will do B. Tech from any recognized private college.
Else I will have to do 3 yr diploma & then college. 6 yr vs. 4 yr, I so want to join B. Tech this year.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I dunno what are talking about but only if i could show you an original marking scheme provided to teachers then maybe i could help you understand that there do exists Step marking in Maths question for 4 makrers and 6 markers and its an integral part of that scheme.
Dont confuse.
***Wish My Match teacher would have been forum member too***

You believe on guidelines, I believe on what I saw & experienced.

adi007

Youngling
Khans Academy and other online resource are really excellent to learn and master maths.We are so privilaged to have so much resources now when compared to past. You can learn maths in these online resources . In case of urgent passing in supplimentary exam, refer all previous years papers and work on it.

I believe there is nothing like i am weak in XXX subject and all .. Anyone should be able to score more than 50 if he/she tries and works hard . Pass 12th as of now after that you may think of your career path.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Thank you guys I will keep you updated as to what happens. @desiJATT thanks for revoking my hope. :-D
Do any of you guys have all the lectures (especially math) from Khan Academy downloaded? I don't have a UL plan, I need them ASAP.

Piyush

Lanaya
well seems like you have been guided well
just want to share my experience

When I was in 11/12th I was never a bright student (in case of scoring marks) but I was not a bad one either.Thats so because in every subject half of the chapters were which I liked the most and the rest half of them were pain for me.
Lets take Maths for example: I always liked calculus and trigonometry where as 3d geometry and set theory was over my head. So I always practiced Calculus so much that I could easily pass math exam (though I scored 62 in maths, it was enough for me considering the fact that i left 28 marks of questions :lol: )

So take it easy, dont think weird stuff and study hard for future. :)

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
So gave the AIEEE today and guess what? I got 18 correct answers! :doublethumb: For a general category student it may be too low, but I have got reservation :-D. Hence I can get into any good college in my state even country!

If I fail this year I am going to be so so so devastated! :|

sarthak

In the zone
So gave the AIEEE today and guess what? I got 18 correct answers! :doublethumb: For a general category student it may be too low, but I have got reservation :-D. Hence I can get into any good college in my state even country!

If I fail this year I am going to be so so so devastated! :|

Congrats :)
Now relax, and wait for results. But I would like to tell you that with weak maths you will have LOTS of difficulty in engineering.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Its -1 for wrong and +4 for right answer. I am getting 75 Marks in AIEEE, hehe I will probably take admission through management quota.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
And bonus marks for those who got set C:
"
There were few mistakes in the offline test, TOI reported as “officials accepted that there were errors in the B Tech section of the examination. In chemistry section, Code C, question number 11 and 24, had more than one answers. In mathematics, code C, question number 36 was ambiguous with no answers. Also, in math question number 51 the given data was not sufficient to get an answer. B Arch question paper was comparatively easy with math section throwing up little surprises.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
^I am not sure but I suppose education doesn't matter as long as you can look good and speak English when required.

I reckon it's -1 for each incorrect response.

Oh my God! I am screwed then :duh2: but I also gave B. Arch exam and that went wicked. I guess if I do B. Arch from a good college it wont be that bad. Just hoping everything works out.

Top Bottom