Poor performance with SG Note

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I Recently bought a SG Note and I was initially happy for 2 days ...
Once i started customizing ... I started crying ...

Very poor performance from my side after installing Golauncher EX,Handcent SMS etc...

I can hardly scroll through the music menu after installing these ....
So much of lag ....

After uninstalling ... Works perfect ....

So i spent 31K for a **** mobile which i can't customize ?

----------------
Will rooting solve this ???
Am i advised to do that ??? Whats your opinion ...
Voids warranty ?? Isn't that something to be taken care off ??

I need so much of advice !!! personally !! PLease :-(

noob

Cyborg Agent
something is wrong with your device. I have helped a friend customizing her Note. she is using Go launcher and all other GO Apps. (SMS , Theme etc) and i have not found any major issue. Can check how much memory those apps are eating and post screenshot ?

tkin

Back to school!!
I've used my friends note with a lot of apps installed, didn't see any slow down.

Soumik

Padawan
Not sure y u are experiencing this lag. Its a powerhouse of a phone. :(
Not sure... but may be Go Launcher doesnt support the HD resolution that u have??? It seems to be the only reason, as It has enough amount of RAM to support just a new launcher and an sms app,
If the resolution is the problem, rooting wont solve it. But by rooting u have access to numerous ROMs with varied look and feel, so u wont need Go Launcher. Plus, if u can get MIUI Roms... they have fabulous UI themes, which almost changes everything in your phone. :)
(Just confirm from their website for support of galaxy Note)

Update: Sorry seems noob's friend is already using Go Launcher without problem.. so ya.. post the screenshot of ur mem usage while experiencing the Lags.

andro

Broken In
Root ur device and install a custom ROM.All the problems will vanish.
I am currently running leaked ICS(android 4.0) with only 1.2GHz underclocked and even than the phone is flying.Stock GB roms are not at all optimised for the NOTE even samsung pushes the offcial updates very often.Latest is the XLB,try that first,it does not require rooting,most of the problems are resolved in that,even than ur not satisfied time to move ROOT.After that all lag will vanish upon installing any custom ROM.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
I think your device is having some problms.. Coz on my side (my friend's) Note isn't giving any sort of difficulties...

Installing Custom ROM will Void your warranty.. Better take it to the service center.. and tell them about the problem. After all you haven't paid 31 K just for showing off.. you have full right to customize.. they'll reinstall the Default ROM.. That might solve the problem.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Thanks a ton for the input people
Please give me a day or so time so that i could sort out and proceed the discussion ....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@TheMost, try 1 last tip before sending taking it to samsung service center if you wish. do a factory reset.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
*s7.postimage.org/gexa35hbv/SC20120222_193559.png

*s7.postimage.org/7xxrs8cmz/SC20120222_193623_1.jpg

Ill try a hard reset !!

I Have tried Hard reset ....
But as soon as i Start customizing it starts to lag ...

I Have rooted the phone .....
I Am gonna try installing CheckROM HD

andro

Broken In
*s7.postimage.org/gexa35hbv/SC20120222_193559.png

*s7.postimage.org/7xxrs8cmz/SC20120222_193623_1.jpg

Ill try a hard reset !!

I Have tried Hard reset ....
But as soon as i Start customizing it starts to lag ...

I Have rooted the phone .....
I Am gonna try installing CheckROM HD

Congratz..now u could really njoy d real potential of Android.
Checkrom is nice,also u could try Criskelo Rom..it also good.
Other than dat u can also jump to ICS,its quite nice as a daily driver.

Top Bottom