Your favourite genre of games?

• FIGHTING (Mortal Combat, Tekkan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
@Soumik. I didn't forget "Stealth". I just never thought it would be someone's dominant form of gameplay and hence ditched it. I know my bad but couldn't help it back then.

I hope the list bodes well for most, if not all the people.

BTW you are allowed to choose only one ;-) (during vote)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
stealth = shooter, mostly.

and the categories are ok. but i feel survival horror should have been added.
action = run & gun type.
action-adventure = run, jump, search. if treasure = take it, if zombie/enemy = gun it.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
^Survival horror?
Something like Resident Evil etc falls into one of the categories already listed right

gameranand

Living to Play
^Survival horror?
Something like Resident Evil etc falls into one of the categories already listed right

Hmm the feel of a survival game is very different so I don't put survival games in shooter games category. All shooters have more or less same concept shoot and move forward while in survival games you have to survive as you get lesser bullets and less no. of health packs.

Soumik99

Journeyman
stealth = shooter, mostly.

and the categories are ok. but i feel survival horror should have been added.
action = run & gun type.
action-adventure = run, jump, search. if treasure = take it, if zombie/enemy = gun it.

I don't own a PS3 so no MGS4 for me, but thief, splinter cell chaos theory, hitman series of games were definitely not shooters. Stealth is a totally different genre. Of course it can be merged together with RPGs(Alpha Protocol), action adventure(Assassin's Creed), and shooters(SC-Conviction), but "Stealth" is a totally different style of gamplay on its own.
:hitman:

@Soumik. I didn't forget "Stealth". I just never thought it would be someone's dominant form of gameplay and hence ditched it. I know my bad but couldn't help it back then.

I hope the list bodes well for most, if not all the people.

BTW you are allowed to choose only one ;-) (during vote)

:hissyfit: thats okay, thats okay.. lol.. but i love stealth!! thats why i am saying.. peace.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
^You chose FPS. Are you saying that if stealth was in the list you would have chosen that instead.

BTW unlike other genres, I knowingly skipped stealth and hence am worried that more people pop up with stealth interests and find their option missing.

Soumik99

Journeyman
^ No, actually if this was just a thread about voting then I would have only voted FPS and not posted anything else, but i see so many forum friends sharing their own opinions too. So i thought I should myself prepare my order of preference.. lol.
But since I like stealth too(at one point it WAS my favourite genre), so I guessed there may be other people who like stealth too and yes, perhaps a bit more than anything else. Chill, I wasn't pointing out any mistake in the options, just sharing my opinion.
:high5:
And don't worry there actually are not many guys who likes stealth....
Phew! the word(stealth) just got popular.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I think I let my dislike for "Stealth" gaming influence my poll list. ;-) Just kidding.

I know that I have missed many categories, some small and some big but I am not fretting over it. I am just letting it be. Lets see what comes up as the dominant genre played here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My No. 1 Choice is SHOOTERS -FPS, TPS, MMOFPS - yeah baby - let's bring it !! ;-)
Second Choice is RPG Games Like Fallout.
Third Goes with ACTION - ADVENTURE and fourth is Racing ;-)

Alok

Adventurer
^^i love Tekken 5 but when its in front of DaO... Poll has one choice:-D

Last edited:
Top Bottom