[Poll] Your favourite genre of games

Your favourite genre of games?

• FIGHTING (Mortal Combat, Tekkan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sarath

iDota
Well we all play games in some form or the other and hence I would like to know what genre of games do we play most.

A few points to thorn out:

1/ The object of this pole is to know what is the genre of game you cannot live without. Basically, to help you vote think on the following lines:
>>>>>>>>>> You are (marooned) on an island for a year and have a really powerful gaming machine (in a hut) and you somehow have electricity to run it all. Now UPS has agreed to make one shipment to you by "special" mail with just one condition: "You can only order games and of one genre only". No compromise. You are allowed to make one call of 60 seconds, so you have to choose what you want in one breath. What would it be?
Sub points: You are not a nature lover, so yes, you will play games. No you wont waste time trying to escape the island. You don't have a phone to play angry birds on. Now just answer the poll!
Switch PC for console. No probs.

~An ideal gamer is someone who plays all type of games. So a "All" option will be spammed to death. But that is not necessarily the case with everyone. From what I have observed many people swear by a few games that they absolutely love and can't live without. So I am taking off the option "All of the above"

~Even if you like two or three genre's of games you are allowed to choose one only. Life gives you many options but you are allowed to marry only one. Something like that. No middle-east jokes here.
Even I am tearing myself apart from having to choose between the Racing and MMORPGs both of which I absolutely love.

Let me know if I have missed any genre.

~No mobile games are included in this. Moreover I don't know which category "Angry Birds" falls into anyways. Moral: The OP is sad, is a portable gaming noob and hates mobile gaming.

So let the votes run in. :))

"I don't vote for my country, why would I bother voting here" is not an excuse

gameranand

Living to Play
RPGs any day. I love most of them and can't live without them. At any instant of time one RPG game is always installed on my system and sometimes two. I play other games just for change for a few days or hours and then back to RPG.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Sports and Casual/Arcade Games must be included in the poll. Angry Birds, PopCap games can come under Casual/Arcade section.

Alok

Adventurer
First choice : RPG is real gaming.
2nd chice is gta type sandbox.

And i like all genres except "turn based" rpg.

Last edited:
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I think this from Wikipedia (almost credible info) helps solve where GTA is
Grand Theft Auto clone is a genre of sandbox action adventure video games

I do not know how to edit the poll once its created. Haven't found an option yet.

Sorry for forgetting about Sports. Didn't occur to me and nor did I find it while "googling" genres.

One option because you can equally love many things, but even then you will be biased somewhere in your heart, towards one particular one. Self discovery. Ah thats deep...
Also the main reason for no multiple option is because we tend to always play -all types of games. Atleast try them. We have no way of knowing which one is your preference. This is to know exactly that. Like I said- I like online RPGs, Racing and Adventure games; I haven't voted as I am undecided as to which one I like the most. I already know I am hitting RPG though.

Where is Hack/Slash?

Which game are you talking about?
Hack&Slash, can be something like GoW, DMC #1 or it can be DragonAge, Final Fantasy RPGs. So it is already listed. You just need to know which genre it falls into. I recommend Google baba.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where are the shooters amongst us? Ain't it supposed to be the most popular genre?

Neuron

Electronic.
Which game are you talking about?
Hack&Slash, can be something like GoW, DMC #1 or it can be DragonAge, Final Fantasy RPGs. So it is already listed

Well Mass Effect series are RPGs but they aren't hack n' slash.And i still don't like calling DAO hack n' slash.Its a pure RPG.Diablo series, however is the best example for H&S.

Top Bottom