[Poll]Lenovo vs HP ?

Which one do you prefer ?

• Total voters
OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I voted for HP only for its service,and the bad instances of Lenovo after sales that I have seen. Otherwise on purely specs to specs basis,Lenovo beats HP hands down(Y510p vs Envy 15)
I myself chose HP Envy j133tx over Lenovo due to serivce issue. Otherwise,my heart still longs for Lenovo.

After sales is a regional factor. In my city Lenovo After sales is extremely efficient.

noceur

Broken In
The Times of India states that the new Envy is "powered by a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor". Looking at the HP USA site, it looks like it will be a ULV processor. It'll give the Dell Inspiron 15R a run for it's money if the price is still 63k [TOI] when it comes out.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The Times of India states that the new Envy is "powered by a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor". Looking at the HP USA site, it looks like it will be a ULV processor. It'll give the Dell Inspiron 15R a run for it's money if the price is still 63k [TOI] when it comes out.

ULVs are practically quad cores due to hyper-threading. MQs are actually OCTA-core processors.

Gollum

Collector
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION], does y510 have switchable graphics or a single dedicated graphics card?

noceur

Broken In
I agree. Until the Y50 comes out, a buyer [who wants a gaming laptop with a touch screen] must settle for the Envy. If I'm not mistaken, it's better than the Dell Inspiron 15R.

On the contrary, I've heard that the Y50's screen is horrendous.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION], does y510 have switchable graphics or a single dedicated graphics card?

switchable graphics

- - - Updated - - -

switchable graphics

Y510p has 3 modes:
1.Intel HD 4400 rendering mode.
2.GT 755m rendering mode.
3.GT 755m SLI rendering mode.

PS: I quoted myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Until the Y50 comes out, a buyer [who wants a gaming laptop with a touch screen] must settle for the Envy. If I'm not mistaken, it's better than the Dell Inspiron 15R.

On the contrary, I've heard that the Y50's screen is horrendous.

Yep the screen of Y50 is horrendous. Not many options are available to Indians.

noceur

Broken In
One could always buy a non-touch version of the Y50 and swap in a better quality screen for around 5k. But it could void the warranty. Maybe MSI will become the laptop brand we deserve. :-D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
HP rockssss !!!!

ADP onsite for 3 years from HP is unbeatable ...

+ lenovo ASS sucks in most parts of the country , And Hp quality of service is unbeatable , only dell can challenge it ..

they are a bit expensive than lenovo but it is very well justified by 3years ADP offer

Hrishi

About two years ago when HP released their 2005Ax model with AmD crossfire tech , it really was a breakthrough for them in terms of low level gaming segment.
AFAIK , the laptop was poorly built but given the performance in games with cfx , it was a deal breaker.
I dont remember anyone giving competition to HP for that segment but now its obsolete.
Its not that HP always gives overpriced products and doesnt focuses on performance.
Lets consider netbooks.
HP successfully implemented AMD fusion E series APUs in to their laptops , and their design was surprisingly very well too. And I dont think anyone else had that kind of offering few years back.
Its just about matter of time , one dominating over the other.

Recently lenovo has flooded the market with quality laptops at affordable price , so they definitely will get an upper hand.

Gollum

Collector
switchable graphics

- - - Updated - - -

Y510p has 3 modes:
1.Intel HD 4400 rendering mode.
2.GT 755m rendering mode.
3.GT 755m SLI rendering mode.

PS: I quoted myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep the screen of Y50 is horrendous. Not many options are available to Indians.
is it fixed mode or Dynamic?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
One could always buy a non-touch version of the Y50 and swap in a better quality screen for around 5k. But it could void the warranty. Maybe MSI will become the laptop brand we deserve. :-D

It will void warranty but a 95% gamut screen is possible. That screen will even be better than Sony Triluminos(72% color gamut).

- - - Updated - - -

is it fixed mode or Dynamic?

wut? ?

ULVs cannot be considered quad cores par se, I mean it is like, four threads on two cores, better utilization of cores, and quad cores cannot be treated same as octa ones. Another thing, if a PR release says it is Quad core, then it is meant to be native quad core, can be AMD or Intel quad, but IT will be quad core.
(Oh, and for the above post [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]; Most of the laptops have Dynamic modes by default nowadays, and since I don't remember specifics of Y510 bios, I can't say that it have option for fixed setup, HP laptops do have(or had) option to override drivers and enable only the selected GPU, and use inbuilt exclusively for pass through.)

geek_rocker

Broken In
HP's consumer laptop built quality as always sucked imo. The Envy series might be an exception but I haven't seen these laptops in person yet. HP's driver support also leaves a lot to be desired although Lenovo isn't that better in that area as well. Lenovo over HP anyday imo.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
HP's consumer laptop built quality as always sucked imo. The Envy series might be an exception but I haven't seen these laptops in person yet. HP's driver support also leaves a lot to be desired although Lenovo isn't that better in that area as well. Lenovo over HP anyday imo.

No laptop manufacturer maintains driver support. One should use OEM drivers.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
After sales is a regional factor. In my city Lenovo After sales is extremely efficient.

Might be,I have personally experienced in Bihar/Jharkhand and heard similar stories from friends studying in Chennai, Delhi and Goa. Infact the friend studying in DTU(Delhi) had to wait for more than a month to get his dead LCD changed.

Gollum

Collector
It will void warranty but a 95% gamut screen is possible. That screen will even be better than Sony Triluminos(72% color gamut).

- - - Updated - - -

wut? ?

you do own the laptop i believe.
if you dont know this then I would consider you to be less informed or rather a noob.

Top Bottom