And the best web mail service is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyforever

Broken In
Re: Yahoo Mail Innovates, Gmail Stagnates

juz make POP3 service free yahoo - nd see the difference - gmail is nowhere near in the contest

goobimama

 Macboy

Gmails' conversation features is one thing that makes a big difference. The inbox is no longer clogged with hundreds of RE:'s....

Plus I find Gmail is a little snappier, though Yahoo is prettier. I guess it might be just as fast on a high speed connection.

tuxfan

Technomancer

Can some mod start a poll here please? :p It's Gmail vs. Yahoo! :))

Nav11aug

In the zone

goobimama said:
Gmails' conversation features is one thing that makes a big difference. The inbox is no longer clogged with hundreds of RE:'s....

Plus I find Gmail is a little snappier, though Yahoo is prettier. I guess it might be just as fast on a high speed connection.

exactly , for both points. "A new way to look at mail" ,as Gmail introduces itself is brilliant and makes ALL the difference.

Yahoo looks too cluttered for me.

Sourabh

Laptoping

tuxfan said:
Can some mod start a poll here please? :p It's Gmail vs. Yahoo! :))

Nice idea. Poll added, start voting guys..

My vote goes to Gmail. Poll runs for 7 days, cast your vote now!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Over All
Yahoo (for folder support, lets you to turn off Spam filter, free pop access)

Attachment speed
Rediffmail (Faster than any other free service)

Gmail (only for domain emails)

:)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Choto Cheeta said:
Over All
Yahoo (for folder support, lets you to turn off Spam filter, free pop access)

from when did yahoo gave free POP access ??:eek:
don't tell me about co.in accounts

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gary4gar said:
from when did yahoo gave free POP access ??:eek:
don't tell me about co.in accounts

Why should not I tell u .co.in account ?? if you dont follow the pricipal what Yahoo is suppose to do ?? yahoo is offering pop support for .co.in as one from India will get .co.in... now at the time of registration u will get .co.in if u enter India as you location :)

So why should not I talk about .co.in ??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, i agree wid saurav. .co.in a/c are much in discussion as any other. i use both my gmail and yahoo.co.in a/c configured for pop3 access in gmail. i never login to any of their sites. i find it convenient this way. both provide pop3 access. so i guess this matter should be taken outta discussion.

btw, i like gmail for its simple and snappy interface (i log onto the gmail page when i'm away from my lappy)

adi87

Journeyman
GMAIL.
Simple. Fast. Means Business.
n who the f*** wants a 3GB+ storage..... wht u gonna store ?? ur nappies ???

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Choto Cheeta said:
Why should not I tell u .co.in account ?? if you dont follow the pricipal what Yahoo is suppose to do ?? yahoo is offering pop support for .co.in as one from India will get .co.in... now at the time of registration u will get .co.in if u enter India as you location :)

So why should not I talk about .co.in ??
Note: i am great at handling debates, so please bear with me:)

I have a .com email id from past 3 yrs, no way i gonna change it so now how can i get free pop access??

gmail offers free pop access to of its users, nor like yahoo which does cater to only a section(which really small) of its users.

also the yahoo site at the time of registering does not mention anywhere that the India users will get a free pop account. so which posses questions on Qos provided because anytime they could turn off this feature.

We subscribers cannot do anything as they can lamely same they did'nt offer any kind of pop access, or anything more lame than that.

one more fact is as this not advertised at all so how do users will know if this kind of service ever exists & is provided absolutely free ?? :|

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gary4gar said:
Note: i am great at handling debates, so please bear with me:)

I have a .com email id from past 3 yrs, no way i gonna change it so now how can i get free pop access??

Where as I am the worst person to debate :lol:

anyway, it seems you missed the main point... Why you provided False information in the 1st place ?? if you enter India in Country colounm then you are bound to get .co.in domain.... I dont think its Yahoo's fault that you didnt enter India in Location of Country coloumn ??

I have and seen account getting created over the piriod of 4/5 years and never seen a case where at the time of Sign up one Enters his county as India and end up with .com address...

So thats my point... :D

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I found a .com account more cool, so i took the .com account. I have no intentions of changing it.
Plus, Yahoo's UI is so cool and feature rich that i do not feel the need to use it on some desktop client.

I only use Windows Live Mail for accessing my 2 Hotmail accounts (Hotmail UI sucks man, a real duhh from MS) and my gf's Yahoo Mail ;)

BTW, Hotmail has added POP3 support for Hotmail Plus users and plans to roll it out to all the normal hotmail customers too, but i do not see that happening anyime soon.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Choto Cheeta said:
Where as I am the worst person to debate :lol:

anyway, it seems you missed the main point... Why you provided False information in the 1st place ?? if you enter India in Country colounm then you are bound to get .co.in domain.... I dont think its Yahoo's fault that you didnt enter India in Location of Country coloumn ??

I have and seen account getting created over the piriod of 4/5 years and never seen a case where at the time of Sign up one Enters his county as India and end up with .com address...

So thats my point... :D

becuase i wanted a .com email id(personnel preference) thats why.

also you did answer my point too:p
if yahoo does not show on its site free pop access at time of registering & even after it. how do i know that i am entiled for free pop access. even if i choose india as my location still, there no intimation that i have been given facility of free pop access. many of my friends(on .co.in id's) still don't know they can get pop access for free as for them is paid feature.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gary4gar said:
becuase i wanted a .com email id(personnel preference) thats why.

Wont comment on that... I vaule every ones personal decision...

But will try to express my views on this bellow :D :D

Gary said:
if yahoo does not show on its site free pop access at time of registering & even after it. how do i know that i am entiled for free pop access. even if i choose india as my location still, there no intimation that i have been given facility of free pop access. many of my friends(on .co.in id's) still don't know they can get pop access for free as for them is paid feature.

so u mean its bad becasue they dont advertise... umm... yeah true thats how people will know, but see if you go to Yahoo Mail's option u could see

POP Access and Forwarding
Use Yahoo! as your permanent email address. Forward to another mail account, or download your Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail client.

So really u cant blame yahoo that they are not expressing it.... but i agree its not at their Front page... but also note every company will have different marketing views and outline... so may be to yahoo its better choise to use front page for advertising other products...

But its aleast expected that u would pay a Visit to ur options page :)

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
sabret00the said:
gmail still rocks...this thread reminded me even I had a yahoo account which must be full by now..

Ahha, it wont be full dude, Yahoo gives you unlimited storage. Altough if you have not access it in a long time, i believe you will have to reactivate it and risk losing all your old mails.

Thats how it is on Rediffmail, i do not know what are the current procedures.

praka123

left this forum longback
yahoo beta always complain that screen resltn must be 1024x768 or higher :(
i got 800x600@85hz fine.though yahoo mail beta works!am in firefox

sabret00the

Youngling
alsiladka said:
Ahha, it wont be full dude, Yahoo gives you unlimited storage. Altough if you have not access it in a long time, i believe you will have to reactivate it and risk losing all your old mails.

Thats how it is on Rediffmail, i do not know what are the current procedures.

I dont think Yahoo ever locks ur account for non-usage unlike rediffmail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom