PO in SBI?

Ronnie012

Earthling
kindly delete this thread

........................................kindly delete this thread..........................................

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SBI PO gets better salary & perks among all banks(except RBI which is not exactly a bank) not to mention best social standing.From joining you will get ~39k in hand excluding lease amount.Growth opportunity is quite good & if you are willing to work for it promotion chances are better than other banks.The circle you got will remain same for initial 10-12 years at least & all your postings will be in that circle only.You can tell SBI HR about your present situation & you should be able to get an extension of a month or two easily(it depends on their training batches schedule so if any extension cause you to miss joining 1 training schedule then you will get joining date only for the next training schedule even if you don't want extra days).

Now for some cons.Expect the biggest work load among all banks,simply speaking consider the heaviest work load days in your present PO job till now as about half of your days in a month at SBI with remaining half too being more than your present usual work load(after training & settling in in some branch).Also expect frequent transfers & possibility of rural/semi-urban are posting for 1st few years.

$hadow

Geek in making
Hey care to explain the procedure of exam. I was also looking for the PO information.

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks for the info. Basically my present timings are 10 to 6 and on heavy days it stretches upto 7 p.m (so i guess i can manage the workload). And by the way, are you working for sbi by any chance? (I have to know a bit more regarding recruitment process)

- - - Updated - - -

^Sure Exam will be of 3 hours duration. 4 sections - English, General Awareness-( GA-GK Marketing Computers), Data Analysis and Interpretation and lastly Reasoning consisting of 50 marks each. Plus one descriptive section i.e English 50 marks of 1 hour duration. (60% attempt in each section -i.e. 30 marks out of 50 in each section should be a good attempt i think)Once qualified, you'll be called for group discussion and personal interview.

You did any type of coaching or anything?

mitraark

Decrepit
Don't take it otherwise, but I am really surprised to see that you've managed to clear the SBI PO Exam, one of the toughest Entrance exams , and are yet not familiar with the selection process and pay details of the post :D

Usually people start with learning the details of pay and posting and work thoroughly before appearing for the exam :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=141471]Ronnie012[/MENTION],expect at least an hour more than your present timings(~9:30am-8:00pm is usual in many branches) & expect to work similarly on saturdays & some sundays too.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Asking respectable forum moderators to kindly delete this thread. This thread has served is purpose. Thank you.

Top Bottom