PM being spammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this I get in my PM inbox?
*img223.imageshack.us/img223/240/46694619.th.png

New naive member or spambot? Either way it sets a dangerous precedent :???:

(I replied to this PM, but got no revert yet)

p_dude

Broken In
this guy had made some posting before i dont think this is a bot

he is also providing hosting services i dont know why he choose to pm you about this.

OP
thewisecrab
spoke to MHG..turns out he's just a newbie having no idea whatsover how to promote his service. :|

Heck, we all gotta start somewhere, dont we? :D

So no hard feelings. Hope the thread will be closed. :)

swatkat

Technomancer
I too got that PM. Have seen few of his posts here as well. Because of his huge signature and weird font colour, posts look spammy.

E

ezeelink

Dear All,

Let me clarify a few things, First of all we did not Spam users infact we sent 8 Promotional Messages to Think Digit members over past 7 days offering them a Free 500 GB Linux Shared Hosting Account for 1 Year.

@thewisecrab: We did not receive any PM from you. If we would have then we would have been pleased to respond to you.

No i am not a new one here. But did not find it necessary to create an account till a few days back.

I never used any swanky color apart from a standard font color. If you feel that by look of the message which is in a standard color with Address and Contact Details in Signature can be categorised as Spam ?

I would appreciate everyone to be non biased in terms of code of conduct as deleting my ID will not lead in closing down of our company. The copy of the transcript and the Email Logs for the PM Sent and Received has been mailed to editor at think digit.

Thansk and Regards,
Team EZee Link

PS: This message does not have any swanky colors nor contains any contact information.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^
Please refer to the rules. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/announcement.php?a=1
Particularly rules 2 and 3.

E

ezeelink

Hi,

It clearly states as * No Scamming / Spamming / Advertising

My PM do not fall in any of the category. Hope you reclarify on the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Team EZee Link

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
This forum is not a marketing / money making tool.
And a thin line between "promotions" and spam.

E

ezeelink

Well Promotion is not a part of Marketing nor a Money Generating Utility.

We have already initiated talks with Think Digit for our product promotions.

If you still feel that it is a violation then please go ahead and delete my id along with this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121201

Thanks and Regards,
Team EZee Link

OP
thewisecrab
@ezeelink

That' strange :(. I'm pretty sure I messaged you.

Anyway, no problem about it. It would be preferable if you started a thread in the bazaar section and continue with your offers there, as that IS the section designated for such activities. :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
ezeelink, follow thewisecrab's idea. Forums rules will not bother you in Bazaar section. You can sell more in the bazaar.

swatkat

Technomancer
I never used any swanky color apart from a standard font color. If you feel that by look of the message which is in a standard color with Address and Contact Details in Signature can be categorised as Spam ?

I did not mean that your posts in forum (QnA, Software Troubleshooting sections) were spam, they were helpful to OPs indeed. But it was hard to differentiate the actual content from signature, and the light blue colored font looked like hyperlinked text! So, I just said they looked spammy. No offence :)

E

ezeelink

@thewisecrab, @vamsikrishna919 Apart from sending 8 People our Promotional Offer we had not violated any other terms. Even the above does not violate if the rules are understood. We had infact opened a thread in Bazaar Section and we are completely aware of the potential :) Anyway thanks for you guys.

@swatkat Paravagilla Sir, Navu bejaru madikondilla. :D

E

ezeelink

@thewisecrab We would be pleased to offer our services to you, but please note the free prelaunch offer will expire on 15th October 2009. Just in case you wish to avail the same beyond the expiry date just let me know and I will do the needfull :)

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hi,

What you did was send unsolicited emails to members of our forum, to generate business / promote your brand. We have ad spaces for people who want to make best use of our forum's popularity. It's not fair to those who pay for ad space, to let people post and advertise / market / promote their products or services for free within the forums. This is why all such activity is banned.

I think I need to update the rules to be more clear...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom