Plz suggest phone in 15k-20k range!!

Discussion in 'Buying Advice' started by mandar5, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandar5

mandar5 New Member

Hi guys i wanna upgrade my phone from n70 to better nokia phone. my requirements are everything better than n70/n73.I need good music quality than n70/73 both in speakers and in earphones..How is 5800 as music phone??plz suggest only nokia phones..Thanks..

2. Tamoghno

Tamoghno New Member

26.6932 n , 88.423 s. Locate me on google maps
    5800 is excellent as music phone. One of the best in market. But i think the camera is big letdown.

You can go for n79 , really nice phone with great sound quality and very good camera.

3. OP
    OP
    mandar5

mandar5 New Member

ok thanks for reply buddy ,my first criteria was good music in fone which i had in my se k750i..second criteria is good connectivity options like gprs,edge,wifi,3g..i hope it has good camera than 2mp of n70 and k750i!

4. mkmkmk

mkmkmk New Member

5800XM ..dont think much

5. k4ce

k4ce New Member

buy the 5800 if u can live wid the 3mp cam ... if cam is a very high priority, only the go for the n79

6. azzu

azzu AJJU

though nokia 5800 is gud
    also check SE c903 its great phone to have

7. vampiredevil

vampiredevil Hell is Ma PlayGround

Dude..Go get a 5800XM...Price now reduced to 14.2k and they give a Sennheiser headphone along wid it...It can get cooler dan dis...I gt myself one last Sunday...

Hope 2 c u soon n d Xpress Muzik family soon :razz::razz:

8. OP
    OP
    mandar5

mandar5 New Member

thanks guys for info ,cam is not my first priority. how is ui of 5800?i hope its faster than n70 which was disappointingly slow.

9. mayanksharma

mayanksharma New Member

5800 Express is no doubt gr8 choice for the price. Not to mention the loads of software availability! As for UI, yes indeed its faster than N70.
    However, do consider Samsung Jet too. Beats 5800 hands down. Its just, the proprietary OS, which might change the thoughts.

10. Tamoghno

Tamoghno New Member

26.6932 n , 88.423 s. Locate me on google maps
    5800 since v21 firmware is not at all slow . At least when compared to other touchscreen phones . I am on v30 firmware and its already fast enough for me. I read that v31 is much faster but i havenot updated mine yes. 5800 cant even be compared with n70.

As i have said already , if camera is not your first priority then its a great phone. Web , video and music is unmatched on this device.

11. OP
    OP
    mandar5

mandar5 New Member

thanks guys for replies once again. just one last querry how is web browsing experience and being sms junkie how good is it at typing? @ mayank i know sammy & lg make better touchscreen phone but they fail to impress me! btw thanks for suggestion!

12. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Rockin g33k

Wait for the Aino and go for it.It will probably sell for around 21k. It has a sapacitive touchscreen + a normal keypad with an 8 mp camera and ps3 integration.Phew!!Also it comes bundled with a charging stand and a bluetooth headset which also plays the radio. :eek:

13. k4ce

k4ce New Member

^ aino would only cost 21k ?? wow, thats a great price for that fone.. where did u get the price though ? any idea bout india release date ?

14. Cool G5

Cool G5 Active Member

How can you guys compare 5800 with N70? N70 is ancient now.

15. sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

mayank Bhai kaise ho..... :p. To the OP I agree with Mayank, samsung has come out with a stunner with samsung Jet, if you ask me it not only beats 5800 hands Down but almost any touch phone in the current market, excapt maybe iPhone coz it still does not support multi touch. (but iPhone is still bloody 30K+). Jet has an 800 mhz processor, fastest in any current phone and hoses every feature under the roof including 3G, EDGE and Wifi. Aino on the other hand might be having the same features but cant beat Jet in terms of screen resolution and display quality. Plus the price point I doubt Aino would be less than 25K while Jet is somewhere near 17-18 which make it the best phone one can buy under 20K. Other difference is the camera which is of 5 mp for jat and 8.1 for Aino. finally connectivity with PS3 is nothing to be excited about if you ask me. You can'nt play PS3 games remotely, what you can do is access the main PS3 Xross Media Bar, and listen to tunes, browse pictures or videos stored on the console.

If you ask me Jet is way ahead then any touchphone in the current market specially 5800 and it fits your budget as well. Go for it.

16. Cool G5

Cool G5 Active Member

The proprietary OS is just what may keep fans from getting a Samsung Jet other than that it pawns the Nokia 5800XM.

17. sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

Pawns 5800!!!....the only real disadvantage I can think off over 5800 is the support for third party application which I presume can not be used with Jet. (correct me if I am wrong though)

Anyway iPhone beats every phone in the market when it comes to Applications even 3rd party and Multi touch (no comparison in these segments what so ever)...but when would they drop the fuc*n price!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  18. OP
    OP
    mandar5

mandar5 New Member

HI guys if jet has software to hide my sms ,video clips then i m going to get it. i am very knotty guy ;-)

19. sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

^^ Jokes apart which phone did you buy.

20. mayanksharma

mayanksharma New Member

@Sam9s,
    Hey Hii Sam bhai. Bas i am gr8! Long time yaar.
    And yeah gone are those days, when Nokia/Ericsson/Motorolla were the only mobile leaders. Today, HTC, Samsung and LG mobiles pack awesome technology. And that doesn't end there. Each of them have brought up their respective customer services to newer dimensions. People these days aren't anymore brand conscious. They go with the set which fulfill their needs and requirements.
    And ohh i purchased an Omnia GT-i8910HD 16GB! Was thinkin for an Apple iphone 3GS. But the freakin' thing costs a fortune and still doesn't have a descent camera! :p
    On the other hand i got i8910HD for 25.7K! Nice naa ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.