Plz Help to buy a New PC

OP
M

manoprabhu77

Broken In
Hi Guys

I am will programming on .Net so mainly using (WCF,WPF,Silverlight, any new technolgies comes frm MS).

I had fixed up my rig :razz:

Amd Phenom II X6 1055T
GA-880GMA-UDH
500 GB HDD
2X2 GB Crosair DDR3
Crosair Vx450
Gamma Cabinet

as for us the the gfx card I will buy by another 1 or 2 months

I am just casual gamer not just hardcorde games mainly I will play racing games.

I will go for some version by a price tag of 10k to 15k (will buy only after 1 or 2 months)

Thank you guys for your all help

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1050T mayn't be best gaming proccy but @ 2.8Ghz with 6 cores, its a good overall processor. one may loose 5-10 FPS depending on games but still 1050T can't be declared as a bad choice. OP can go with this processor.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's 1055t. BTW, AMD has launched Phenom II X6 1075t @ 3.0 Ghz. Hope it's available soon. Also, Athlon II X4 645 @ 3.1 Ghz has been released.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^firstly if someone can afford a powerful combo well within his budget, i see no harm in getting it.. secondly i7 950 bests any 6-core alternative from AMD in not only gaming but also any other task you can think of! and why did you highlight the gfx card part. reasons?

also if you say 15k is waste then why many people in this forum have spent on i7s or 1090t? there is a huge performance difference.

First of all, I apologize for starting up a old thread.
I'l be quick.
950 is anytime a go when comapring with 1090.
Phenom X4 is no match.
But my question is what is good for gaming (for next one year atleast) :
950 (15.5) + nvidia 460 (13) = 28.5
OR
955 (8) + amd 5870 (22) = 30
???
I know I am really being naive here, as ofcourse I am shamelessly questioning your config when you are but more experienced and intillengent for least i can say. But its really hard to let my curosity in.
As for the bolded thing. My deepest apologise.
I checked out bencharkmarks. And you are right as always.
I was confused as i thought 2.5k difference (between 5850 & 460) with 5-8 increment in FPS, was worth. But obviously, it isnt as it is clear with the comparision between 5770 and 460, which too have a 2.5 k difference in it.
Also my deepest regards for providing fail-proof and best of advices on TDF.
:)
Keep up the good work sire.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks..we are free to question each other as this only yields better results for the op. it depends, some games and settings are cpu dependent while most are heavily GPU dependent. also hd5870 will will yield better results at higher resolutions. moreover the diff in hd5850 and gtx460 is 6-7fps and in few games gtx460 is also ahead. also hd5850 was becoming out of his budget if he went with i7, so suggested him gtx460. as the hd5850 casts around 15.8k. the diff is 3.5k almost.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HD5870 comes into play for mainly FULL HD gaming + turning on all the eye candy. yes you'll lose out some FPS as X4 955 not as fast as the i5 7**. but HD5850 which is a bit slower coupled with a i5 750/760 will yield slower result, if you game on Full HD & try run games as Metro2033.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Mod edit:

Pulkit, please continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/132121-pc-config-45k.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Neeraj Sahai

Broken In
Hi
Instead of going for Corsair Kit of 2gbX2, it is better to go for 4gb Corsair 1600mhz. Single Dimm. Difficult to source it, you will find it at www.bwindia.net rest of the suggestions on this page are good. Go for it.

Bye

Hi,

I like to buy a PC soon, can any one help me on this

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Mainly used for Programming and Gaming
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 50k Max
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 2
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Not Need Already Having Acer 19 LCD
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Build my Assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within 1 week
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: May be for 2 to 3 yrs
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No Need Keyboard, Mouse, UPS, Monitor
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Looking for AMD based machines

I am looking for AMD based machines and my friend suggested me the following configurations.

Can any one Plz tel me that this config is fine for me!!, I am in a big confusion

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Biostar TA890GXE
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
2X500 GB HDD Seagate
Zebronics 500W Platinum
CoolerMaster Elite 310 Cabinet

Expecting help on this. I am planning to buy by end of next week, if any other configurations is good let me know that also

Thanks in advance

kbharathb

Broken In
This is what I would recommend about your new desktop. Only suggestions, you don't have to change anything if you don't want to.

* Intel CPU is good, next step would be Quad Core, and looking for 3GHz or higher, but the price might become too expensive.

* 4 GB RAM is great, but remember if you run Microsoft Windows you will need their 64-bit version to access more than 3 GB, there are some affordable "media PC" configurations from HP that have 6GB.

* Intel motherboard, would like to know the bus speed and all of the capabilities that come with it, sometimes it's nice to have built-in wireless and options for future expansion.

* 256 DDR3 video card, today the 1GB video cards are affordable, if you need crisp graphics for games or editing movies I would suggest more.

* 320 GB HDD, someone else already mentioned the speed should be 7200 rpm, but if you need fast read times and more throughput consider using SCSI and speeds of 10k or 15k, then buy more than one to use for your own RAID array.

OP
M

manoprabhu77

Broken In
Hi,
Finally I got my PC with the below configuration in SP Road, Bangalore. :razz:

AMD Phenom II 1075t @ 9.7k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
G.skill 3 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.5k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.8k
Seasonic S12II 520W @4k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Acer 20 inch Monitor @6.7K

As far as the graphics card I am still confused.:-x

is The Sapphire HD6850 is good for some decent gaming and also at the same time my PSU supports this card??

can any one help me out on this if possible tell me the price :p

thanks guys for all to your support :razz:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
6850 is good..it competes well with GTX 460 1GB...regarding the PSU...seasonic is one of the best brands of PSU(SO i've read) and urs is 520W..it will work...

abirthedevil

In the zone
Sapphire HD6850 sells for 11.5k online and is a very good card in terms of price performance ratio, it competes well with the GTX460 1gb which sells for 1.5-2k more all reviews i have read point to the fact that its a good card check out the following review it might helphttp://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1107&page=1 and the PSU, it should be able to handle the 6850 easily

Top Bottom