Plz Help to buy a New PC

manoprabhu77

Broken In
Hi,

I like to buy a PC soon, can any one help me on this

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Mainly used for Programming and Gaming
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 50k Max
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 2
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Not Need Already Having Acer 19 LCD
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Build my Assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within 1 week
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: May be for 2 to 3 yrs
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No Need Keyboard, Mouse, UPS, Monitor
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Looking for AMD based machines

I am looking for AMD based machines and my friend suggested me the following configurations.

Can any one Plz tel me that this config is fine for me!!, I am in a big confusion

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Biostar TA890GXE
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
2X500 GB HDD Seagate
Zebronics 500W Platinum
CoolerMaster Elite 310 Cabinet

Expecting help on this. I am planning to buy by end of next week, if any other configurations is good let me know that also

Thanks in advance

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Biostar TA890GXE
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
2X500 GB HDD Seagate
Zebronics 500W Platinum
CoolerMaster Elite 310 Cabinet

change these:

1. get Gigabyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H or a MSI equivalent.
2. Don't ever think of going for Zebronics stuff. get Corsair CX400-VX450W (depends on the graphics card & upgrade you wish to do),
3. until & unless NZXT Gamma or CM Elite 430 not available, don't get the 310.

so total cost & rig:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T ---> 10k
Biostar TA890GXE ---> Giagbyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H @ 4.5-5k
Crosair 2X2GB RAM ---> 4.5-5k
2X500 GB HDD Seagate ---> get one for now. @ 2k
Zebronics 500W Platinum ---> Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
CoolerMaster Elite 310 Cabinet ---> 1.5k or Gamma @ 2.2k / 430 @ 2.7k

TOTAL: 26.2-28.4k. You still left with a whopping 21.6k at least. get HD5850 1Gb/GTX460 1Gb to satisfy your gaming needs.

if your UPS something like 550VA-600VA from a generic brand, get APC 800VA to be safe.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Phenom II X4 955BE 3.2GHz @ 8k

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k

3 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz GSkill or Kingston gamer kit @ 6-8k

Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 @ 22k

WD 1TB @ 3.5-4k

Corsair 450vx @4k

NZXT Gamma/m59 @2/3.5k

Total 54k.

^^^buy gamma, save money.
Bargain a lot..jus like buying vegetables.

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
VX450 is just about enough for this card, so to be on the safe side, get VX550. However, my suggestion would be this:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t - 14.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H - 4.5k
2*2 GB Gskill 1333 Mhz - 5.4k
HD5850 - 16k
NZXT gamma - 2k/CM Elite 430 - 2.6k
WD Blue 500GB*2 - 3.8k
Corsair VX550w - 4.8k

Total - 51.6k

Can OC the proccy to 3.5 Ghz safely if you want and you have great performance in every department.

Check the compatibility of the motherboard once. I'm not too sure about that.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
VX450 is just about enough for this card, so to be on the safe side, get VX550. However, my suggestion would be this:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t - 14.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H - 4.5k
2*2 GB Gskill 1333 Mhz - 5.4k
HD5850 - 16k
NZXT gamma - 2k/CM Elite 430 - 2.6k
WD Blue 500GB*2 - 3.8k
Corsair VX550w - 4.8k

Total - 51.6k

Can OC the proccy to 3.5 Ghz safely if you want and you have great performance in every department.

Dont get mad or anything (start a flame war hehe.) but I disagree.
Programming can even be done on a dual core.
And asfor gaming, spending 14k on cpu is not right when compensating with something as important like graphics card.
The op, sadly, wont oc. But even if he does, ocing 955 to a nice 3.6-3.8 its excellent vfm.
Also, of what i think(which i might tell u is very rarely.)Comparing 1055 vs 955 is like comparing athlon 635 vs phenom 555.
Former once are good for multitasking, while later are good for gaming.
Go easy on me as i still am a ameture here.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
There's nothing to get mad or shout. Everyone can express their views and there can always be difference of opinion. We should be mature enough to handle such differences properly with proper arguments.

I feel that the configuration I gave is better because op is spending a good amount of money. With that budget it's better to go for something more future proof. As we move forward, we will see more and more multi-threaded apps which will be helped by the higher number of cores.
Also the 1090t has a good stock speed. Even if the op does not overclock, he is getting good performance. 1090t also has the turbo boost feature which can boost the speeds of cores if 3 or lesser cores are being used. Say if only 2 cores are being used, it can push their speed to 3.6 Ghz. (I'm not sure how effectively this works, but it is there).

As far as the gfx card is concerned, HD5850 is a fairly capable card which can be trusted to give good performance for some time to come.

Ultimately it remains the op's choice. We can help him make the best decision, we cannot make the decision for him. I think from these posts he will get enough idea what the difference between your (@toad_frog09) and my configuration is. He may also ask for further clarifications before making a decision. So, let the op reply.

OP
M

manoprabhu77

Broken In
Hi Thanks guys for your support

I like to settled down on

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Giagbyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
500 GB HDD Seagate
Gamma Cabinet

can any one suggest any lower cost for SMPS, and also can any suggest any some lower cost Graphics card, even by budget is 50k I like to buy the Graphics card a lower cost version.

Thanks for you help guys :mrgreen:

Piyush

Lanaya

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Giagbyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
500 GB HDD Seagate
Gamma Cabinet

can any one suggest any lower cost for SMPS, and also can any suggest any some lower cost Graphics card, even by budget is 50k I like to buy the Graphics card a lower cost version.

for smps part
a 450 W unit is a must for ur rig because u'll add graphix card to it
so Corsair VX 450 W is recommended and available at 3.7k

if u are lucky enough u can get seasonic 520W @ 4k

and VX 550W will be more future proof , available at 4.7k

about the graphic card
u are asking for a low budget card but i'll suggest u to go for at least HD 5770
the best variant of this card is MSI HAWK 5770 @ 9.2k

but u'll be more future proof if u go for GTX 460 1gb ddr5/HD 5850 1gb
which are available at 14k/15k respectively

the lower end version of GTX 460 is available at 12.5k-13k

now choose ur perfect combination :)

mine recommendation would be

VX 450W and GTX 460

pegasus

Journeyman
I have not read all posts carefully as there are senior people actively posting their suggestions. :)

But to add to what all said-
I strongly suggest/request buying a good quality PSU with 2x PCIe power connectors native if buying a graphics cards that needs 2.
eg. if i am buying GTX460, i will get/use at least VX550 (or higher as per budget/preference)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
But when budget permits why do you want something lower? have you decided to lower your budget or want some more components in the same price?
GTX460 is a good card and you can go for it. Then VX450 would be enough. Will bring down the total cost by about 5k

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
But when budget permits why do you want something lower? have you decided to lower your budget or want some more components in the same price?
GTX460 is a good card and you can go for it. Then VX450 would be enough. Will bring down the total cost by about 5k

which lower components are you saying???

OP
M

manoprabhu77

Broken In
Hi
I will go for Crosair Vx450 itself, if available I will go for seasonic 500w or I will stay with Crosair Vx 450.

Today I frnd told that Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H IS having some memory problem :neutral: and he suggested me to go for

MSI 880GMA-E45 or 890GXM-G65 :lol:

is there any one faced this issue in gigabyte board :?

and also what abt the MSI 880GMA or 890GXM is it good

is any one faced any memory or any other problems on this MSI motherboard.

and which is best MSI 880GMA or MSI 890GXM I looked that 890GXM is cost 7k and what is price of 880GXM

or I can straight way go for Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H itself:mrgreen:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Giagbyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
500 GB HDD Seagate
Gamma Cabinet

Eh...your rig is not balanced for gaming if thats what you want.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i have that giga 880gm ud2h and is trouble less. giga makes one of the best mobos.

for the rig look at -

Intel Core i7 950 @ 15k (best for both the requirements, beats anything in its competition)
MSI X58 Pro-E @ 10k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 12.5k (no need to spend another 3.5k on HD5850, you will get no gains)
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Total - 50.2k

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have that giga 880gm ud2h and is trouble less. giga makes one of the best mobos.

Gigabyte mayn't be no.1 in making motherboard but thankfully doesn't hold top position in creating unique problems. actually Gigabyte board are far less troublesome than Asus or Asrock or some other.

for the rig look at -

Intel Core i7 950 @ 15k (best for both the requirements, beats anything in its competition)
MSI X58 Pro-E @ 10k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 12.5k (no need to spend another 2.5k on HD5850, you will get no gains)
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Total - 50.2k

4Gb for now. 2Gb more if needed in future. also unless doing some heavy work, dual ch should work fine.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Giagbyte GA-MA880GM-UD2H
Crosair 2X2GB RAM
500 GB HDD Seagate
Gamma Cabinet

for the rig look at -

MSI X58 Pro-E @ 10k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 12.5k (no need to spend another 2.5k on HD5850, you will get no gains)
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Total - 50.2k

My views.
1st. 15k for CPU [Gaming] is something way over my head.
2nd. So is the same with a 10k motherboard.
3rd. The bolded thing.
Again, I'd like to remind everyone that my views are biased towards better (or best graphics card as this is but a GAMING RIG.

Hi

I need a rig that is both for programming and gaming

tell me the balanced rig for these both

Programming as in C/C++ etc??
If it is, then dont mind if i say so but all gaming rigs are 'programming' , but all 'programming' rig may not/will not be gaming...
So 'balanced rig' is out of question...isnt it??

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^firstly if someone can afford a powerful combo well within his budget, i see no harm in getting it.. secondly i7 950 bests any 6-core alternative from AMD in not only gaming but also any other task you can think of! and why did you highlight the gfx card part. reasons?

also if you say 15k is waste then why many people in this forum have spent on i7s or 1090t? there is a huge performance difference.

Piyush

Lanaya
Hi

I need a rig that is both for programming and gaming

tell me the balanced rig for these both

i cant figure out the programming problem of urs..
which language and compiler u'll be using?

and if its C/C++/java....then its nothing like a balanced rig for programming and gaming

if ur rig is able to run games easily then it wont have any problems dealing with the prog. stuff

if u can spend upto 50k ,then the rig mentioned by jassy is good
but go for i7 950 only if u are a hardcore gamer and so with the gfx card

Top Bottom