pls help restore my icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i dunno but somehow my d drive icon has changed to somewat like this. chek the pic. i want to restore it to look like others. pls help. also pls lemme know y this happened.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
@sysfilez I guess there's some software copied from CD into the root of your D drive. Try moving it into a folder under D drive.
An alternative would be to look for an "autorun.inf" in the root of D drive and delete it if there is one.
If the above two does not work, get a thirdy party tool (like IconPackager/Desktop architect) and you can restore the icon using them

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Also check this:

In regedit goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

And make sure there is not key DriveIcons under it and if its there, then it should contain a sub-key d and its value will be an icon path ;)

So delete the DriveIcons key, if its there!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Download and run this registry entry.
Important: Take a registry back-up before doing so.

Link : Restore shell icons
Source: kellys-korner

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
mod-the-pc said:
@sysfilez I guess there's some software copied from CD into the root of your D drive. Try moving it into a folder under D drive.
An alternative would be to look for an "autorun.inf" in the root of D drive and delete it if there is one.
If the above two does not work, get a thirdy party tool (like IconPackager/Desktop architect) and you can restore the icon using them
thanks mod, i restored my icon ur way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom