Please treat the newbies properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hello guyz,
I have been observing that there have been increasing incidents of some newbies have been mistreated by some older members.

To anybody who felt that thread is noobish, please consider that the thread starter may be an shy or introvert guy, or may not have friends who can give him a useful suggestion. That is the reason he has turned to us for some help. Instead of a warm welcome, he is greeted by "attitudes" and people who think "0 post count members are just so inferior to me" and a very rude "closing" of the thread. I don't think the thread deserved to be closed.

Please, please, please stop this crap. And for all those who think that their post count gives them "superiority enough to comment on how noob or geek is a member with 0 posts", please amend your thinking. You may have contributed to the forum, but you got no right to insult anybody in any way.

If you can't help people, atleast don't turn them down rudely.

PS: I am not using the PM system to communicate this is because this isn't a "Private" matter if newbies are insulted in "Public".

Thank you
-Rohan

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Last edited by drgrudge : Today at 10:52 PM. Reason: Please use PM
You mean insult in public and apology in private?
And hey, why were the in between posts deleted?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok, please use PM for your other concern. That thing hijacked this thread. Thread Cleaned.

Coming to the point.... please give respect to newbies. :D

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
Another thing I want to know... What exactly is a forum? For discussing things. Right? If a thread is there to discuss something in the appropriate section. For example chit chat can have anything according to the rules. Its for bandwidth wastage :D People are being told that the thread is useless.Use PM/IRC etc. Well then what is the forum meant for?

But the threads are closed! Well if you dont want any thread which isn't related to technology then change the section description of Chit Chat.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Giga, Please retract your statement. :D
I am referring to somebody other than the one who closed or re-opened this thread. So please don't drag them into this.

I am thankful for re-opening this thread.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Just curious abotu a few things as far as Chit Chat goes :).
Tomorrow before you all get up may I start the threads below

1. I love Barney songs . What about you?
2. Im lost could you please redirect me.
3. How do you feel about the letter 'A'.
4. Ice cream is so Tasty. Whats your perspective?
5. Run a loop on the letters and numbers ot make sure each characters becomes a thread.

Personally I think that there is a need for aggressive action for some threads :| . But then again the line wouldn't be clear for selecting what threads should be allowed or shouldn't. However the end point of any forum oof any website is that its a dictatorship. Whether you like it or not this is how it rolls . Its not in this forum only. I post on quite a few forums and I am pretty sure the same procedure is followed.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^The kind of threads being referred here are different than what you have imagined them to be. I had put the link of the thread which I was referring, but It was edited and removed from the first post.

@ rohan, wot ?
:D
u naughty boy

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just curious abotu a few things as far as Chit Chat goes :).
Tomorrow before you all get up may I start the threads below

1. I love Barney songs . What about you?
2. Im lost could you please redirect me.
3. How do you feel about the letter 'A'.
4. Ice cream is so Tasty. Whats your perspective?
5. Run a loop on the letters and numbers ot make sure each characters becomes a thread.

Personally I think that there is a need for aggressive action for some threads :| . But then again the line wouldn't be clear for selecting what threads should be allowed or shouldn't. However the end point of any forum oof any website is that its a dictatorship. Whether you like it or not this is how it rolls . Its not in this forum only. I post on quite a few forums and I am pretty sure the same procedure is followed.
well i just live in this forum, actively. All others are in closet, check'em once in a week.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Is this ?

And :))
That's it! This thread was opened by drgrudge on one condition, that we'l just discuss the thread title "Please treat the newbies properly". Since its AGAIN going offtopic (trying to criticize a mod), ill have to close it. I repeat again, moderator actions are not up for discussion. Please PM the concerned MOD/Admins if you have any issues :)

@rohan, i could have deleted this thread, but im just locking it. You have made your point, and the concerned people will have a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom