Please suggest budget motherboard and RAM for AMD FX 4300

toxictaz

Broken In
I am building a budget gaming PC. I already have a AMD FX 4300 and HD 6670 DDR3 GPU. I would like to know which is the best budget Mobo+RAM combo for this cpu. I am not planning to overclock. My budget is Rs. 5500. Also will I be needing a new PSU as right now I have a 450W Intex one.

Thanks.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
5.5k is a tight budget for RAM+Mobo combo .. anyway, you can go for Kingston Hyper X Blu @ 2.5k and GA-78LMT-S2PT @ 3.1k.

For PSU though I don't know your budget or i which gpu you have you can either get Antec VP 350 @ 1.8k or Antec VP 450 @ 2.6k.

OP
T

toxictaz

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a Sapphire HD 6670 DDR3 gpu. Which PSU would you suggest for this configuration?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
not a very good choice better get Seasonic SS400BT if you can find one under 2.5k or else Antec VP350P is all you can get ... there's also a new psu released by Antec ie BP400PX but the price and availability is still unknown.

OP
T

toxictaz

Broken In
Fitted the PSU and I am really impressed how quiet it is. There is still one issue though. I have voltage fluctuations at my place. So my PC is restarting every now and then. This never used to happened with my old el cheapo PSU. Any suggestions?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Use a good UPS, like APC 600VA. Your PC is getting restarted because the PSU is cutting down the power to save other components from voltage fluctuation, which I didn't think your local PSU was capable of.

sarah_9

Right off the assembly line
Visit Biostar store, here you can definitely find something suitable to your requirement.Browse Biostar motherboard section for more information and choose smartly.

Regards,
Sarah

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Visit Biostar store, here you can definitely find something suitable to your requirement.Browse Biostar motherboard section for more information and choose smartly.

Regards,
Sarah

Why are you always suggesting Biostar Motherboards? Their AMD compatible series always have 4+1 power phases only where as brands like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI boards have 4+2 or more power phases even in 970 series motherboards mate. please suggest something reliable for at least 3-4 years and also good for any future overclocking mate...
My best bet for a good motherboard is Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 for 5800 which has 8+2 power phases which is best considered for its overclocking capability man...

sarah_9

Right off the assembly line
Why are you always suggesting Biostar Motherboards? Their AMD compatible series always have 4+1 power phases only where as brands like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI boards have 4+2 or more power phases even in 970 series motherboards mate. please suggest something reliable for at least 3-4 years and also good for any future overclocking mate...
My best bet for a good motherboard is Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 for 5800 which has 8+2 power phases which is best considered for its overclocking capability man...

I m big fan of Biostar :) and once you experience the difference between the Biostar motherboards and other motherboards you will agree with me.

Cheers :)

Top Bottom