Please suggest best 1 TB internal Hard drive and External Hard drive

unsetld

Broken In
My hdd is full and i want to buy a new hdd by the end of this month. Which one is best for accessing data frequently i.e external or internal. My budget is between 1k-4k.

Moy

Gadget Freak/Flashaholic
Buy (both r under Rs. 4,000/-)

Adata HV620 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - Adata: Flipkart.com

or

WD My Passport Ultra 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com

dpluvuall

Broken In
I just bought (20 min only) 1 tb internal WD blue WD10EZEX @ 3600 INR only from local shop here at lucknow.
it's the best internal 1 tb hdd right now
WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com
Buy Western Digital 1 TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive (WD10EZEX) @ % Discount | Snapdeal

PS Also got SATA cables free of cost

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
for frequent access data, get an internal drive. if you want portability ,then get an external hdd.

OP
U

unsetld

Broken In
I think i will buy internal hdd and what is a vfm drive ?

What about any good hdd's from seagate ? Is seagate best or Western Digital ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I think i will buy internal hdd and what is a vfm drive ?

What about any good hdd's from seagate ? Is seagate best or Western Digital ?

get wd blue 1 tb. the reason why wd is suggested over seagate is because of the hassle free rma experience.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any out of WD or Seagate is fine.

People have equal share good or bad experiences with them.

Other smaller companies have problems with RMA. :(

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Purely my personal experience. WD and Hitachi RMA is overwhelmingly superb with onsite pick up and drop. Even if you fail to submit they will call back and rearrange a pick up again and again and again within the 30 days if you choose to RMA. They are that good and responsible. Ill never buy Seagate or suggest one to anyone just because WD and Hitachis products are as good or better and then they have that awesome after sales.

I had and am still having hell of a time with Seagates RMA and drives.

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Purely my personal experience. WD and Hitachi RMA is overwhelmingly superb with onsite pick up and drop. Even if you fail to submit they will call back and rearrange a pick up again and again and again within the 30 days if you choose to RMA. They are that good and responsible. Ill never buy Seagate or suggest one to anyone just because WD and Hitachis products are as good or better and then they have that awesome after sales.

I had and am still having hell of a time with Seagates RMA and drives.

but are the Hitachi ones available in mumbai @ resonable cost??

insaneYLN

In the zone
Has anyone purchased a Western Digital Elements Portable 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard disk drive from Snapdeal? It is unbelievably cheaper on the said online store as compared to most of the other popular ones, to a skeptically apprehensive extent.
:hyper:

I understand the Western Digital My Passport Ultra is superior to the Elements Portable. But, is the latter model not worth the consideration?
:chinscratch:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Beware of Snapdeal, and you can definitely get the Element if you want. Ultra is for people who need to transfer data back and forth and carry it in places, other than that I don't think there's any difference. If storing data is the only thing you need then why Element, even cheaper disks will do the job fine.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Beware of Snapdeal, and you can definitely get the Element if you want. Ultra is for people who need to transfer data back and forth and carry it in places, other than that I don't think there's any difference. If storing data is the only thing you need then why Element, even cheaper disks will do the job fine.
@ithehappy, thank you very much for your prompt response.
:)

Are you implying that the Western Digital Elements Portable is not a convincing storage medium, in terms of portability?
:unsure:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, no, it is indeed a good option in terms of portability but just not as good as the Ultra. Now you need to do decide your priority, if it's portability, then I think you're better off with Ultra, but if it's storage mainly and some portability then Element or anything.
One more thing, a protective cover / pouch is a must when it's about portability, so at the end even if you do get an Ultra the overall dimensions will be bigger than the actual size.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
avoid elements its not worth it,unless its the one with a power brick
the portable elements is quite slow,i have the elements 2tb desktop external drive and recently purchased 3 1tb Ultras,the Ultras are totally worth it and are 3x faster than the elements series(excluding desktop drive model)

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, no, it is indeed a good option in terms of portability but just not as good as the Ultra. Now you need to do decide your priority, if it's portability, then I think you're better off with Ultra, but if it's storage mainly and some portability then Element or anything.
One more thing, a protective cover / pouch is a must when it's about portability, so at the end even if you do get an Ultra the overall dimensions will be bigger than the actual size.

any suggestions on a case/cover/pouch(flipkart prefered) to fit 3 Ultras? i need to get one for my beauties

Top Bottom