please suggest Antivirus...Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumsave

Broken In
i Just Took new pc and im buying Antivirus please suggest a best antivirus...my net usages are high through torrent mostly...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ +1, i have just bought it 2 days ago. 3 PC license- 890 !! Bng for buck, but do keep loads of ram as KIS is a bit resource hoggy! I'm using Kaspersky since 5 yrs, till date no serious problem!

casual_gamer

In the zone
avast free version is good, but in the past it has detected but failed to disinfect some viruses which were then successfully removed by kaspersky and panda. for prevention of virus attack, avast free is enough.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
KIS single user is 449/- shipped at letsbuy.com
Avast Free is praised by many users.
For me, the free version of Avira has served me well for several years. Never had any serious infection. Lighter on system resources than Kaspersky and less heavy-handed than Avast.

OP
S

sumsave

Broken In
yea im planning to buy Kaspersky only...avast free version is good i was usng dat only but u canniot update dat....

Kaspersky Internet Security suite 2012

single user license may cost you 550/- (check eBay.in)

Can Kaspersky internet security will remove external storage virus or any other viruses other than internet threads...???

tkin

Back to school!!
yea im planning to buy Kaspersky only...avast free version is good i was usng dat only but u canniot update dat....

Can Kaspersky internet security will remove external storage virus or any other viruses other than internet threads...???
What are you saying? Cannot update? The one in my PC updates every 4 hours or so.

Avast can also remove viruses from usb drives, actually it will lock the drive until the virus is cleared by it.

I would suggest Kaspersky Internet Security as well as F-Secure. I've used both of these for 2 years now and mu experience with them is quite satisfying. One good thing about F-Secure is that it has a more-active parental control system which is very good if you have minors in your house. Anti-virus wise both do their job very well.
But the bottom line is that whatever a/v suit you choose, your consciousness and knowledge about surfing and viruses plays the main role. :)

OP
S

sumsave

Broken In
What are you saying? Cannot update? The one in my PC updates every 4 hours or so.

Avast can also remove viruses from usb drives, actually it will lock the drive until the virus is cleared by it.

i didnt buy avast im using crack in dat i cannot update...bcz of crack i cannot update if i do the licence will expire.

Errrr, crack ? illegal stuff ? As you are a new member I will tell you that talking about Piracy is not tolerated in this forum. Sorry.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
KIS and any other full-fledged internet security suite will also guard against resident viruses in your external drive, thumb drive, memory card, etc. They are called 'Internet security' programs because, unlike antivirus-only progs, they have additional features to guard against threats coming from the internet.

One thing to keep in mind is that no single program can detect and guard against all viruses and threats.

tkin

Back to school!!
i didnt buy avast im using crack in dat i cannot update...bcz of crack i cannot update if i do the licence will expire.
Why are you using crack? Avast 6 home edition is free, if you do not have internet access at home then you can register from elsewhere(free) and use the program for free.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
from next time post in correct section. moving to software Q&A.

give Avast 6 a try. good basic protection. don't know why it was not accepting update. maybe you didn't register for the free license & it expired.

its an antivirus designed to protect & remove virus & spywares. doesn't matter if its pendrive virus or some internet threats. it'll deal with them.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@sumsave,
don't use pirated copy of avast and use the free copy of avast which is available in their website.just register it and you can use it without any head ache.you will also get time to time updates.so give it a try.
btw don't talk about piracy here it is not allowed.
@sam,
brother it was not updating because he was actually not using the free version,he was using pirated one.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
use free versions of Avast/ Avira.... both are good enough for home users.... use any of the free firewalls with them like Comodo/Outpost/OnlineArmour .....
and if you want to go for paid ones, try Kaspersky/ ESET.... they are good enough..... but ESET is costly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom