Please suggest a good latest Intel mainstream motherboard and proccy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
a user here is having booting problems with abit ip35.....it seems many users havin the same problem
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83145

does that mean i should not think of abit ip35-e for now :-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
No that doesn't mean U shouldn't buy that board. That one is really good VFM performer. But at the end of the day it's depend upon your choice.

Biostar TP35D2-A7 supports penryn proc..but bios has to be upgraded for that...already available on their site...*www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/bios.php?S_ID=286
and its a matter of single click with biostar bios utility.

But look @ the cpu support list mate. They Haven't updated it yet :D

Last edited:

spyingshadow

Broken In
@p_d5010
have u decided vot u gonna purchase as yet???
since u hv narrowd on Intel, u can easily go 4 a mobo acc. 2 availability in ur area...
her, this link might help....*www.techspot.com/article/61-intel-p35-motherboard-roundup/

@hellgate
cud u tell me
1.vot kinda coolin u use 4 ur system??
2.vot is d latency (timings) of ur ram???

Can u post pics of ur rig????

Last edited:
OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
@spyinshadow: i have narrowed now to intel and abit is available not in my town, but my vendor will order it from mumbai.....getting it at 5600rs. approx.........

spyingshadow

Broken In
it is ok, u r only paying a premium of bout 2-3 hundred...
GO FOR IT MAN!!!!!!
btw, hv u decided on d Ram, vot brand ru gonna buy????

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@hellgate
cud u tell me
1.vot kinda coolin u use 4 ur system??
2.vot is d latency (timings) of ur ram???

Can u post pics of ur rig????

i've got 5 cabinet fans and procy cooling is taken care by CoolerMaster Hyper48.

ram timings - 5-5-5-15 @ 900MHz

shall post pics by 2morrow.:)

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
Does anyone here have e4500 Overclocked to about 2.8ghz or more?
if yes please help me and try to post your settings so that i can try for it!:D :)

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
@hellgate: can u please post ur settings in detail?
thanks! :)
But aint 3.6 ghz, 1.4ghz overclock too much :-?
I dont have external cooler so please tell me settings which would give me about 3.2 ghz with less heat.......i just need an isea coz my current mobo doesnt have memory divider option so overclocking and volt change of ram is not allowed in my mobo......
Thanks

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
1st i need to know wats ur default mem multiplier is.just set cpu multiplier to 10 and fsb to 333,see wat mem freq u get.
else u can try this:
1st set the fsb to match ur default mem fsb,then adjust the cpu multiplier accordingly

axxo

99.9% Idle
is it necessary that fsb:mem frequency must always be set to 1:1 for proper overclocking
?

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
one doubt, is it true that 2.4ghz AMD processor is rated at (or equivalent to) 3 GHZ intel processor?
@hellgate: i would be recieving my motherboard by monday, so hope to get my processor overclock till 800mhz(coz i dont have external cooling). Also, what overclock of E4500 is possible without external cooling? and whats the ideal and max Safe temperature for overclocked e4500?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ u can easily oc a E4500 to 3-3.2GHz on stock.

@axxo nope its not necessary that fsb:mem sud be 1:1 but its better to hav a 1:1 ratio.

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
@hellgate
i will be taking 800mhz RAM, so 1:1 ratio cant get me to 800mhz ..so what should i set to get atleast in the 6xx mhz range of RAM???

darklord

Cyborg Agent
you want a RAM that can do 600MHz !
Value RAM will definitely not pull it off.Also mostly Micron chips are the ones that can pull it off that too not all can do.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@hellgate
i will be taking 800mhz RAM, so 1:1 ratio cant get me to 800mhz ..so what should i set to get atleast in the 6xx mhz range of RAM???

u can surely get a 1:1 ratio.to do that all u'll need to do is set fsb to 400 and multiplier to 8 (if u wanna reach 3.2GHz).

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
abit ip35-pro ...rs.9000 a bit costly but cheaper then other high end boards...so for a lil high cost u get high end performance....and if u r short on wallet go for abit ip35-e....rs.5500

Roadripper

Journeyman
abit ip35-pro ...rs.9000 a bit costly but cheaper then other high end boards...so for a lil high cost u get high end performance....and if u r short on wallet go for abit ip35-e....rs.5500

Not much differnece bw wit the E and Pro ones.. if tight on budget go for A bit P35 E gr8 overclocker...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom