Please help with rig....

anikahead2010

Broken In
Ok so last time i was here you people helped me a lot and i want to give you all my sincere thanks.

Well now since BD are delayed and my summer holidays are starting i was thinking of getting

my new rig now.I have been saving for past 4 months and would love a system that would hold

good for at least 3 years.

I know the rule says i should fill questionnaire but i better state my budget,purpose and need clearly.

Budget:53k(for new rig not including monitor and ups)
13k(for friends rig who needs a monitor,psu,hdd,keyboard and mouse)

Purpose:Gaming,movies and some other apps.

Need: Pricing of items,answers to a few questions and places(in delhi) to buy the items.

Here are the things i selected after going through forum:

Processor:i5-2500k
Mobo:Asus P8Z68-V(open to other suggestions)
Ram:corsair or g.skill single 4gb
case:elite 430
Psu:Vx 550
hdd:wd cavair black 500gb
GPU:GTX 560Ti or 6950
Fans: please suggest some according to case.
Pad:upto 2.5k max.

Need accurate prices for these and please do suggest any changes you feel like within budget.

For Friend please suggest:

Hdd:some wd one upto 500 gb.
Monitor:totally confused.Budget 8.5K+/-0.5k
Psu,keyboard and mouse from remaining budget.

Few questions:
1.Will vx550 be good if i want to oc later(say after a year) with good cpu cooler.
2.Is is justified to buy z68 mobo for it's price or p67 is ok too?

Thank you for all possible help in advance.:smile:

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
anikahead2010 said:
1.Will vx550 be good if i want to oc later(say after a year) with good cpu cooler.
Well for OC would a high config like your's I suggest-

Corsair TX850 V2 @Rs.7200(approx)[for future GPU if you add for multi setup]

anikahead2010 said:
Benq G2220Hd @Rs.7200. Good overall monitor

Last edited:
OP
anikahead2010

anikahead2010

Broken In
Well for OC would a high config like your's I suggest-

Corsair TX850 V2 @Rs.7200(approx)[for future GPU if you add for multi setup]

Benq G2220Hd @Rs.7200. Good overall monitor

Well for monitor my friend was thinking of something from LG,Samsung etc.He has not used any benq product till date?are they good?

whats the cost BTW (talking of WDC Black 500GB)...???

i guess approx ~3k since 1TB is for Rs 4300.

even a TX 650 is enough i suppose

My budget for psu was upto 5k only.Do i really need Tx 650 for OC?

Please answer my questions too and still waiting for reply on parts i have selected and current market prices...thx.:smile:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
anikahead2010 said:
Well for monitor my friend was thinking of something from LG,Samsung etc.He has not used any benq product till date?are they good?
Well, there is a good monitor from Samsung.
If you could increase budget slightly, get a Samsung PX-2370. Good Panel. But it costs more.

OP
anikahead2010

anikahead2010

Broken In
Well, there is a good monitor from Samsung.
If you could increase budget slightly, get a Samsung PX-2370. Good Panel. But it costs more.

Sorry can't increase budget anymore than mentioned.So i just have to convince him to go with benq although i don't really know any + points of company myself.:shock:

People i have few more days before i visit market.Kindly help me finalize my rig and please answer questions i have asked.Still looking for more suggestions on monitors.Thank you.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I'm using the BenQ G2220 HD LCD for some times now and here is the points:

1. Very attractive price point
2. Very good performer and perform little better than the other big names at the same price range.

OP
anikahead2010

anikahead2010

Broken In
Ok so i have selected a few models.Which among these is good?
Samsung BX2250
LG E2360V

I know Dell ST2220L AND BENQ One are good.Still would love opinion on these models as well.Thanks.
Since no one seems to be changing anything or suggesting something new,i will stick to things i mentioned before. :smile:

I'm using the BenQ G2220 HD LCD for some times now and here is the points:

1. Very attractive price point
2. Very good performer and perform little better than the other big names at the same price range.

Thank you. :smile:

shayem

In the zone
Here are the things i selected after going through forum:

Processor:i5-2500k
Mobo:Asus P8Z68-V(open to other suggestions)
Ram:corsair or g.skill single 4gb
case:elite 430
Psu:Vx 550
hdd:wd cavair black 500gb
GPU:GTX 560Ti or 6950
Fans: please suggest some according to case.
Pad:upto 2.5k max.

Get Gigabyte GA-Z68X-D3H-B3 or GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 if your seller can provide. You'll save 1-1.5K which you can put on PSU(TX750 or TX650). Does that "Pad" means game pad:?: If yes then go for Microsoft XBOX360 controller.

Need accurate prices for these and please do suggest any changes you feel like within budget.

Only the seller from whom You'll buy can do it ;-)

For Friend please suggest:

Hdd:some wd one upto 500 gb.
Psu,keyboard and mouse from remaining budget.

At this budget get BenQ G2222HDL. VFM and better than others in market at same price point AFAIK.

OP
anikahead2010

anikahead2010

Broken In
Get Gigabyte GA-Z68X-D3H-B3 or GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 if your seller can provide. You'll save 1-1.5K which you can put on PSU(TX750 or TX650). Does that "Pad" means game pad:?: If yes then go for Microsoft XBOX360 controller.

Only the seller from whom You'll buy can do it ;-)

At this budget get BenQ G2222HDL. VFM and better than others in market at same price point AFAIK.

Yeah Pad means Game pad and yes i was thinking about Xbox 360 controller only.
For monitor now i will decide b/w dell, Samsung or Benq when i visit the market.Thanks for helping.
Will also look for gigabyte mobo and if i decide to go for one then i will put remaining money on psu.Else vx 550 is final choice. :|

OP
anikahead2010

anikahead2010

Broken In
Ok i have another question that's bothering me.
Which should i choose?
1>i5 2500k+z68 mobo

2>i7 2600+H67 mobo?

Well since i am taking these for a gaming rig i would like some opinions from members.Thanks. :smile:

Top Bottom