please help!!,mere carrer ka sawaal hain?

aadi

Broken In
hey people i am in big dilemma.ok first i have completed my science stream HSC exam in average marks got 56% at agg. 35 in physics,65 in bio,44 in maths and 55 in chem.so heres the question i am thinking of doing bsc in computer science
with diploma in software engineering from niit.now i am poor in maths so going for b.tech in software engineering is a good option or bad does the maths is heavy or what?.give me all your opinions all opinions are welcome.also i am doing hardware networking course suggest me some more which can give me an edge over others.comment on anything you didnt like kyunki mere career ka sawaal hain.and i am from NT(B) caste.sugest me colleges,your experiences i am from Thane which is near mumbai.
thanks in advance.
helpppppppppppppppppppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Minion

Conversation Architect
Aadi,

Do B.Com and then MBA doing B.Tech would be worst thing this IT industry sucks I am not sure but people are telling recession is coming again.Doing job in IT is very unstable.

I am a b.tech 2009 pass out till now i didn't have a job.

hope you trust me and decide accordingly.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I won't call B.Tech a waste of money or career, but if you're thinking career, a B.Tech is a more risky gamble: You get something, you get a good one. Or else you get nothing.

B.Com, etc. are safer choices: Salaries may be lower at the start, but at least you're getting something.

IMO: Do what you think suits you best. Don't risk it: You don't want to end up in a field you don't like with no means of escape whatsoever, it will ruin you emotionally.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
IMO: Do what you think suits you best. Don't risk it: You don't want to end up in a field you don't like with no means of escape whatsoever, it will ruin you emotionally.

that's correct. You must remember this.
I didnt join b.tech computer science cause of physics subject. My parents said alot but didnt wanted to waste there money because i knew i will end up with lots of arrear. Now i have finished my BCA. MBA tough for me,that economics and business etc. That's why going for MCA.
Conclusion : do whatever you are best at.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
This is not something that can be decided based on forum members. It all depends on what u do best and what u want to do.

Companies like Twitter and FB do recruit engineers for almost 50-60 lacks... so i dont think there is no salary all depends what u can do best.

I was a painter and that is what I could do best when I was in school. Went for B.Com and thought for CA. But then decided to do some multimedia work as that was interesting to me.

Finally became a designer and now a User Experience Designer. It might not give me a big fat salary but gives me satisfaction. And since I know I am good in this, I will not be jobless no matter what the market is.

On the other hand. Do u people think, there will be anyday in near future when the IT industry is gone. New teechnologies are emerging and giving new areas to explore.

So final say from my side. Study what u think suits u best and u want to do. Money is secondary satisfy ur internal thirst first.

One of my friend took my advice and has a dream job now. He loved to play computer games and I encouraged him. He is now a senior Game tester in EA. (I know now everyone will be going for ask how to be there :p)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
One of my friend took my advice and has a dream job now. He loved to play computer games and I encouraged him. He is now a senior Game tester in EA. (I know now everyone will be going for ask how to be there :p)

i am the first one to ask. Could you tell us?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
i am the first one to ask. Could you tell us?

It's not that difficult actually but the offers are not prominent and you have to really look for it. The starting package is not very good but you'll be fine if you stick with it for a year or two.

My cousin got into EA as a mobile game tester. Being a mechanical engineer he wasn't happy so he quit a few months later.

Top Bottom