Please help, I lost 500GB of data due to this program

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Last week i use Novicorp wintoflash software to make bootable win7 pendrive. Donot know what happen,system just restarted and after that nothing is shown in monitor except flashing letter J .:-?
When i try to install win 7 through cd/Dvd it is showing only 1 partition for my whole 500 Gb hdd , initially i have 5 partition in that HDD.
I try Mini XP from,Hiren's Boot cd and run partition recovery and mount software from there.I am able to see all data and my all 5 partition.Just yesterday i bought one external 500 GB HDD to recover all my data from my old hdd with the help of Mini XP,but it is taking to much time(Data is transfer at low speed of 500-600 Kb/s only.)
Donot know what to do..any suggestion. :?:
Thanks in Advance:lol:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have patience, that's all I can say. You are lucky the data can be retrieved. My 2tb HDD was giving so much problems and it had more than 1.6tb data on it. Saved every bit of it. Transfer speeds were like you at times. And it took me 3-4 days to finish the job.

This might be motivation enough. ;)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Try "PC Inspector". I can't guarantee that it will work with your particular problem as I've never faced exactly the same problem. But I've used it several times with other people's HDDs (thankfully I've never had to use a recovery software for my own data) and found it to be very good and fast. But the speed may depend on how the data was lost. You can download it from here

It offers several options to the recovery method depending on the type of loss. I suggest you try them out with a few files first to find out which method works best in your case.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
There is no need of any recovery software as OP can view & copy his data using Hiren's Boot CD...

@silicon_fusion: how u r using the lost drive (500GB) as master or slave?

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Thanks everyone for your quick response to my query :)
@Skud Thanks for ur motivation(This time i need more :) )

@Zangetsu :I am using this HDD as a Master only.

One more thing i already used many Software(Like Dos Acronius,Smart Data Recovery,Fixmbr,Seagate HDD solution) from Hiren's Cd , but the problem is same.They all are showing my lost partition, but not able to mount or i can say as i am not able to retrive that.

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Hey guys finally i am able to retrive my lost partition with all the data in it safely :)

Following procedure helps me :
1. Boot with Hiren's CD .
2. Downloaded 3rd party software easeus partition manager and install in Hiren's Mini Xp
3.With the help of EASEUS, i run recove partition table inbuild utilities

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
sorry to all for reviving old post.

@silicon_fusion. can you plz info step-by-step. am in same problem.

did you get your old partition table or just used tools to extract data ?

Yes i got my old partition table with all data back..:-D

Can u tell me what is ur problem,this will help me in giving u rite solution .

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
@ ax3 *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/142530-ide-hdd-not-showing-up.html

Go to the above post, i just posted some answer for ur queries and in ur case no need for Hiren's CD. You will need this one if ur not able to boot to ur system. In ur case just simply download above mention software and install that to ur desktop pc and it will automatically detect ur 40 GB hdd.

nitinpai

Right off the assembly line
Hi! I'm facing teh same issue. Today I was trying to make a bootable Windows 7 USB using WinToFlash. The application requested the source (location of OS) and target (USB drive) which I furnished after which it proceeded to copy the data onto the USB drive. On completion the system restarted on its own but did not boot up - only the letter 'J' is flashed on the top left of the black screen. Nothing happens beyond this point.

- I've tried restarting a multiple times but the same result.
- I've tried booting from the DVD drive by making use of the Windows installtion disks but the setup fails of recognize any Windows installation or even the harddisk.

Could you please help? Should I try to intalled a driver so Windows setup can recognize the harddisk?

My configuration is as under-

HP ProBook 4420s
Windows 7 (installed from a DVD)

Thanks!

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
@nitinpai ur also facing d same issue which i encountered.Same things happend for me :)
So from now onwards donot use WinToFlash software.

For recovery just do below, as u have lost ur MBR/partition table.
Hey guys finally i am able to retrive my lost partition with all the data in it safely

Following procedure helps me :
1. Boot with Hiren's CD .
2. Downloaded 3rd party software easeus partition manager and install in Hiren's Mini Xp
3.With the help of EASEUS, i run recove partition table inbuild utilities

Link for EASEUS partition manager *www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/download.htm

nitinpai

Right off the assembly line
@silicon_fusion I've followed your steps but instead of Easeus, used Partition Wizard which comes bundled along with the current version of Hiren's CD and have been able to recover all the data.

This was followed by running the Win7's installation DVD's Startup Repair thrice. System is not up and running.

Thanks a lot for your help!! :)

Top Bottom