Please Advice Me on Xiaomi's "Mi Redmi 2"

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
Dear All,

Want to buy a smartphone under 7K. Some one suggested me to buy Xiaomi's "Mi Redmi 2" online thru flipkart. I found it on flipkart but got double minded by reading one of the following review about the phone :

Hardware :
Camera : Works fast. Best for the price
Processor : Fare enough
Build Quality : Good
RAM : I have Only 898 MB don't know about rest 126 MB of ram. Free Ram available 150 MB
Storage : Out of 8 GB available only 5.75 Only. SD Card Support Up to 32 GB.
Display : Best for the price
OTG : Supported
Battery : Last a day or more ( it has an explanation below )
Software: BAD
* Apps not Movable to SD Card You cannot play big games having size more than 3 GB
* All data Stored in Internal Memory. Like (WhatsApp Images, Videos etc)
* I said "Battery Last a day or more" Why because MIUI Kills all app in background. You wont get Whatsapp Notification if not opened.
* Cant Listen to Music more than 1 min Killed in background.
Totally OS is a BAD.
* While scrolling facebook if you open link from facebook to other browser when returning facebook loads from first you have to scroll from first again. BAD..
Its not for multiuser. Even i'm not getting Clash of Clans Notification. :(
I'm Suffering.
I give 2.5/2.5 for H/W and 0/2.5 for Software.
Even h/w got 2.5 i give only 2 start out of 5 because its not usable. Disappointed.
If this bugs is fixed it may get 4 Stars.

31/3/2015
True Caller Not Working.
Screen filter works but after 1 or 2 min you have to open again, coz app killed in background.

So, Please suggest me if i shud buy or not ???

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are going to use multiple-apps stay away...my sis has this phone and for her usage its fine. You can also flash a custom ROM. MIUI is quite resource hungry.Raise the budget and get Redmi note 4g.It has 2gb ram..so available ram would be around 800-900 mb.

Re: Please Advice Me on Xiaomi's "Mi Redmi 2"

There is some way to keep whatsapp in background so as to get notifications. (Google it)

As far as the FB problem is concerned, it happened even in my S2. I would say FB is a huge RAM consuming app. After scrolling down for about a min then if you switch app, it will get killed. (You need 2GB RAM to avoid that)

Install custom ROM if you want

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to use multiple-apps stay away...my sis has this phone and for her usage its fine. You can also flash a custom ROM. MIUI is quite resource hungry.Raise the budget and get Redmi note 4g.It has 2gb ram..so available ram would be around 800-900 mb.

That phone is quite bulky

Honor 4X is a much better buy, K3 Note is even better(don't know about its battery) or yureka plus(average battery life)

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Please Advice Me on Xiaomi's "Mi Redmi 2"

Honor 4X is a much better buy, K3 Note is even better(don't know about its battery) or yureka plus(average battery life)

Those phones are 10k and he said his budget is 7k. Redmi note 4g for 8k is the closet to his budget.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Redmi 2 perfect for me . try Mi India Official Site - Buy Online Mi Smartphones: Redmi Note 4G, Mi4. .screen guard free.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Redmi 2 perfect for me . try Mi India Official Site - Buy Online Mi Smartphones: Redmi Note 4G, Mi4. .screen guard free.

The free screen guard also includes a spare screen guard just to practice how to apply the screen guard :) But one has to wait for them.I got it for my dad's Mi4i almost after a month of registering.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'd still pick it for the hardware. Software updates would remove the bugs in Yuphoria, MIUI in Redmi 2 however needs to be completely removed to make phone lag free.

I wouldn't count on MMX for bug fixes, only with custom roms one can hope for fixes if the community is actively building for the device.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Lenovo A6000+ can also be a good buy. I don't find much difference in UI of Lenovo and Xiaomi. And by paying 500 extra of you are getting another GB of RAM and 8GB of extra internal storage then I guess its a good buy as well. Although I would also recommend Yuphoria as first choice in this price tag.

Lenovo A6000+ can also be a good buy. I don't find much difference in UI of Lenovo and Xiaomi. And by paying 500 extra of you are getting another GB of RAM and 8GB of extra internal storage then I guess its a good buy as well. Although I would also recommend Yuphoria as first choice in this price tag.

A6000+ is good, with better performance but it overheats under load, like graphic intensive games like Asphalt 8 or 3G browsing

subhayu

Broken In
Don't ever buy xiaomi products especially redmi 2 .............for thgeir pathetic after sales service u will end up getting sleepless nights...they boast a lot but much more irresponsible than micromax.. mine was taken 15 days back and they are yet to repair my audio module ..........so stay as far as you can from these chineses................

Top Bottom