PlayStation 4 Announced!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
6770M performs fine till now. It is as good as GT 555M 2GB DDR5 of 2011 alienware M14x model. HD 7670M stands nothing man! you have no idea about laptop GPUs.
Next time read the gawd damn post first....

I never said 7670m is better than 6770m, I said I bought 7670m to play only casual games like Tribes, Crimecraft etc, 6770m is not that good of a gaming gpu, neither is 7670m.

rider

as Kratos
Next time read the gawd damn post first....

I never said 7670m is better than 6770m, I said I bought 7670m to play only casual games like Tribes, Crimecraft etc, 6770m is not that good of a gaming gpu, neither is 7670m.
Next time you should read the gawd damn post....

I didn't said you are saying HD 7670M is better than HD 6770M. It was the response for your 6770m? Forget gaming. There is no point to talk about HD 7670M. We both know the performance of it. HD 6770M scores 1850P at 850|1000 in 3D Mark 11 (w/ cc 13.1). I recently played Black Ops2 and Hitman Absolution. Both works smoothly in high settings.

tkin

Back to school!!
Next time you should read the gawd damn post....

I didn't said you are saying HD 7670M is better than HD 6770M. It was the response for your 6770m? Forget gaming. There is no point to talk about HD 7670M. We both know the performance. My 6770M score 1850P in 3D Mark 11.
Mobile GPU's can't be used for gaming, and since you are pointing in a PS4 thread that how the fact your weak 6770m can't play games means, doesn't mean PC's can't be used for gaming, how much did you laptop cost you? 65k? For that I can build you a top of the line gaming system which can breeze through Crysis 3. Hence the argument, forget gaming.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I dont think they can fit a 7970 in the budget of a console.
PS3 costed above $500 when it was released. Since Sony stated that the starting price of a PS4 will be lower than that of PS3(when it was aunched), ie a machine costing less than $500.
How do you expect that a $400-500 to have a highend gc, processor etc... The PS4 would most likely use a mid-end gc and processor which are Oced ( or as sony stated "Supercharged"). Then they subsidize the cost to fit into the $500 margin and sell games for rs3-4k, to earn it back.
How can you compare a console Crysis 3 to a PC one.... do you have the high texture options of PC in console. Console level graphics can be achieved in PC with a mid end GC with medium settings. Since the game was designed so beautifully, it looks gorgeous in med. settings too.
Also this time the consoles are not using Cell arhitecture, which was very optimized (though difficult to code games for). We are talking about x86, the level of optimizaion is limited (when compared to a pc).
This is good news for PC since we can expect more console to pc ports, made easy due to the same architecture.

I second this. The PS4 doesnt look like it can pull of better-than-high/mid end-pc quality graphics. And thats just comparing it to cards presently in the market, not the future ones.

rider

as Kratos
Mobile GPU's can't be used for gaming, and since you are pointing in a PS4 thread that how the fact your weak 6770m can't play games means, doesn't mean PC's can't be used for gaming, how much did you laptop cost you? 65k? For that I can build you a top of the line gaming system which can breeze through Crysis 3. Hence the argument, forget gaming.

Mobile GPU can't handle gaming is old saying and proves to be myth in today's world. My laptop costed me 57k, worth every peny.
And buying desktop days are almost gone. Enthusiast high end PC gamers like you are still buying it. Me and other buyers who wants portability and permanence in same are buying and satisfied with it. I pointed my laptop here in PS4 thread because of similar specs, you know 8GB RAM, DDR5 GPU and 8 core AMD processor.

Investing 35k bucks on PS4 is more fruitful as it will satisfy buyer for 6-7 years easily. 65k rig will be end up the juice up in 3-4 years. Some Directx12 will come and buyer have to spend more and more for new GPU and all. Also PS4 games are more than PC games (killzone, god of war etc) and come much earlier (GTA V).

jaykant

Broken In
Amazing posts are provided here and i would like to say some thing about PS4 that is; The PlaySatation 4 is a video game console which announced by Mark cerny. He is system architect of the PlayStation 4, It is also known as PS4, In fact it is a upcoming video game consloe. we can say it is higher stage of PlayStation 3.

lord1954man

Broken In
View attachment 9096
This is the new PS4 controller prototype . The company which revealed this image said it is 100% real but is an early prototype . It is said to have an motion controller (he shiny blue screen at the top) . what do you think is it wonderful or horrible. I think it is not good and should change.:mad:

Attachments

• Sony-PS4-Controller.jpg
    Sony-PS4-Controller.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 86
Mobile GPU can't handle gaming is old saying and proves to be myth in today's world. My laptop costed me 57k, worth every peny.
And buying desktop days are almost gone. Enthusiast high end PC gamers like you are still buying it. Me and other buyers who wants portability and permanence in same are buying and satisfied with it. I pointed my laptop here in PS4 thread because of similar specs, you know 8GB RAM, DDR5 GPU and 8 core AMD processor.

Investing 35k bucks on PS4 is more fruitful as it will satisfy buyer for 6-7 years easily. 65k rig will be end up the juice up in 3-4 years. Some Directx12 will come and buyer have to spend more and more for new GPU and all. Also PS4 games are more than PC games (killzone, god of war etc) and come much earlier (GTA V).

Hmm.. how could a PS4 work for 6-7 years and a PC only for 3-4 years, when they re using the same architechture. Also if the PS4 life cycle goes beyond 6 years, it means games are being developed for them in large numbers. Since the architecture is same, these will be ported to PC making the life span of a PC 6 years too.
And please dont compare it to PS3, PS3 was using Cell arch. So porting PS3 games to PC was difficult. This is no more the case, so all games except the exclusives (may be), will be ported to PC... ie more games to play and more life span for a PC.
Also when you are comparing the cost of the PC and PS4, why dont you add the cost of buying the PS4 games (for 6-7 years).
And pls open the steam site and check the games available for PC, before commenting that PS or xbox have more titles...
P.S: One more thing emulating PS4 games on PC would be easy due to the same x86 arch.; so you would be able to play all ps4 games on a pc. Same may not be possible other way around... :-D

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Hmm.. how could a PS4 work for 6-7 years and a PC only for 3-4 years, when they re using the same architechture. Also if the PS4 life cycle goes beyond 6 years, it means games are being developed for them in large numbers. Since the architecture is same, these will be ported to PC making the life span of a PC 6 years too.
And please dont compare it to PS3, PS3 was using Cell arch. So porting PS3 games to PC was difficult. This is no more the case, so all games except the exclusives (may be), will be ported to PC... ie more games to play and more life span for a PC.
Also when you are comparing the cost of the PC and PS4, why dont you add the cost of buying the PS4 games (for 6-7 years).
And pls open the steam site and check the games available for PC, before commenting that PS or xbox have more titles...
P.S: One more thing emulating PS4 games on PC would be easy due to the same x86 arch.; so you would be able to play all ps4 games on a pc. Same may not be possible other way around... :-D

First I am PC Gamer like you. I respect both gaming. I assumed it will work nice for 6-7 years because earlier gen done this job. Though PS3 has just 512MB memory but games like crysis 3 are still running smoothly on it. The fact is PC gaming technology is pretty much depended on the software too. Like microsoft's DirectX technology. Till now graphics cards support DX11 and in future DX12 would come and these GPU will get out dated but PS4 not!
I also know about the pricing of PS4 games. The PS3 games cost generally twice in comparison to PC games. But some normal person who play 10 games a year doesn't take that seriously. And spending money in less amount is always better than spending big money on something. There is also a second way that most people usually do in both cases. (you know what i mean)
About the gaming titles, its individual choice about the genres what he play. Some popular games on consoles (GTA IV, V) come first and the poorly madeup for PC gamers. Strategy games that is played by mouse comes more in PC. And please stop telling me about steam. I'm also a member from years you are not the only one. I don't play those small crappy games in PC. Where are bada$$ games Killzone, God of war, WWE series ??
Yeah! PS4 and PC both have same x86 arch. Developers-Hackers will definitely do something but for the emulation a expensive rig is must. (nice point). :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
P.S: One more thing emulating PS4 games on PC would be easy due to the same x86 arch.; so you would be able to play all ps4 games on a pc. Same may not be possible other way around...

true but highly unlikely, considering we still dont have a ps3 emulator for 6 years now..

Although, I agree.. Getting a PS4 will give you a stable solution to play all games for the next 6 years but the damn cost of the games will be ridiculous..
PC games, even box pack ones are cheap as hell compared to Consoles and dont get me started on Steam..
Then again for all the el cheapos, there's piracy.. not a positive point at all, but for some it is..

Sony also announced that the online service will not be free this time, so furthur payment for Multiplayer gameplay is a big downside...

And the most important reason (according to me)
Playing FPS on a controller is just horsecrap..

Why cant people just accept the fact that FPS was INVENTED to play on a mouse..

rider

as Kratos
true but highly unlikely, considering we still dont have a ps3 emulator for 6 years now..

Although, I agree.. Getting a PS4 will give you a stable solution to play all games for the next 6 years but the damn cost of the games will be ridiculous..
PC games, even box pack ones are cheap as hell compared to Consoles and dont get me started on Steam..
Then again for all the el cheapos, there's piracy.. not a positive point at all, but for some it is..

Sony also announced that the online service will not be free this time, so furthur payment for Multiplayer gameplay is a big downside...

And the most important reason (according to me)
Playing FPS on a controller is just horsecrap..

Why cant people just accept the fact that FPS was INVENTED to play on a mouse..

Spending money in expensive games is definitely better than spending big money at a single time on a gaming rig.
Here is the solution to play FPS games with keyboard-mouse. Amazon.com: PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter: Video Games :p

true but highly unlikely, considering we still dont have a ps3 emulator for 6 years now....

Buddy... again thats because of the cell architecture, X86 is not that hard to emulate...

Onemore thing that works for a pc.. is that we can play all the games released (for pc) till date on it, we can even play games of old nintendo and ps consoles on a PC.
For a PS4 you cant even play the PS3 games and even if sony provides you that option using the Gaikai streaming service. What happens to the in-app purchases and dlc's is not clear.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Spending money in expensive games is definitely better than spending big money at a single time on a gaming rig.
Here is the solution to play FPS games with keyboard-mouse. Amazon.com: PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter: Video Games :p

Its the mechanism, auto aim and hand-holding stuff like that people hate about console FPSes..

And streaming on Indian "Broadband" Good luck with that :D

As a person living in India 2013, its still PC FTW.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
When consoles are new everyone announces the death of computer gaming. As consoles age everyone predicts the death of console gaming. Then the cycle is repeated.

rider

as Kratos
Its the mechanism, auto aim and hand-holding stuff like that people hate about console FPSes..

And streaming on Indian "Broadband" Good luck with that :D

As a person living in India 2013, its still PC FTW.

Yea! auto aim sucks. Shooting with mouse is more pleasurable. For internet speed, if I am getting 4Mbps smoothly. Will I still face some problem? :?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
If the console is not able to play PS3 content then I'n inclined to believe that its all going to be streamed over the internet. Which is kind of similar to video chatting. I hope there is some other way, but I can think of none.
Forget about any decent amount of detail or playing pleasure if thats indeed the case.
For a game running at 720p with decent detail my guess is something like 190 KBps that'd be ~1.5Mbps (which kind of fits well with Gaikai's suggested speed of 3Mbps), but I am not sure of how well my assumption of games being as encodable as movies holds true. Essentially its like watching a movies over LAN where the movie resides in somebody else's computer to which you are connected by a lousy wi-fi. Not very attractive prospect for gamers who crave for detail.

tkin

Back to school!!
This has been an issue forever, mouse controls are translated to controller inputs which ultimately fails to render it correctly, you will have negative acceleration, which is impossible to get used to:

*i.imgur.com/LezL3Ht.png

Top Bottom