PlayStation 4 Announced!!!

Gollum

Collector
*s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/article_large/public/2013/02/20/sony-playstation-4.jpg
*cdn.idigitaltimes.com/data/images/full/2013/02/20/5818-dualshock-4.jpg
Sony’s big announcement has lived up to its billing. On Wednesday evening in New York, Sony unveiled the PlayStation 4, the successor to the PlayStation 3. The new videogame system will feature social integration, a new controller and plenty of interesting technology.
Sony Announces PlayStation 4; New Console And Games Revealed In New York

(Photo: Reuters)
Sony announced the PlayStation 4 on Wednesday in New York.

At the event, Sony showed off the PlayStation 4's capabilities as well as the new controller. The devices' emphasis is on streaming games and sharing the experience with friends. Sony’s lead PS4 architect, Mark Cerny, said, “Our long-term vision is to reduce download times of digital titles to zero,” reports The Associated Press.

The PS4 controller long had been the topic of speculation, and some prototype photos had been released before Wednesday. The controller as revealed looked pretty similar to them. The PS4 controller will feature a touchscreen in the center, a ‘Share’ button, motion control and a LED light bar, which will make it easy for the PlayStation Eye to track during gameplay. The presenters said the PS4 was designed with plenty of input from game creators and its technology was created with developers in mind, meaning the PS4 could be the ideal system for videogame developers.

Also impressive is the amount of RAM that will help power the PS4. According to Gizmodo, the PS4 will have 8 gigabytes. Compare that number to the PS3 and the Xbox 360, each with just 512 MB of RAM, and it’s clear that the PS4 is not just a small upgrade in the technology department. Other PS4 technical specs revealed in New York include an x86 processor as well as a local HDD for storage.

Tech demos revealed some of the power of the PS4, including an impressive display of an old man’s face with almost lifelike skin. All the videos and demonstrations were pre-rendered but were still impressive and helped showcase what developers could do with the PS4. The PlayStation Cloud was also announced, which will allow streaming PlayStation 3 games to a PS4.

The PS4 promises better download times thanks to a separate processor that will downloading games as the user plays other games, notes Gizmodo. Sony is also promising games that will boot “instantly” from sleep mode and another video-processing chip that will unlock plenty of social features.

This dedicated video-processing chip will let friends view your gameplay from their home and users can stream or upload that footage to YouTube seamlessly without having to interrupt gameplay. Social networks will be important to the PS4 and, in addition to social sharing, Sony is incorporating its handheld device, the Vita, to act as a second console. Users can stream PS4 games onto the Vita and continue their gaming experience.

Some videogames also were shown off at the PS4 announcement including “Knack,” “Killzone: Shadow Fall,” “Driveclub,” “The Witness,” “Infamous: Second Son” and “Down Deep.” Sony said the developers currently working on games for the PS4 include Activision, Capcom, SquareEnix, Konami, Electronic Arts, Sega, Rockstar Games, Lucasarts and Bethesda, reports Kotaku.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Got a call from my friend(PS Fanboy) early morning at 6 about this :) , its about time that they announced it. Now we will see great titles for PC as well because most games were held back by PS3 and 360 hardware. If they price it less than 25k, I am sure gonna buy this.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ I din't get how can PS4 mean that more titles will come for PC?
Anways watchdogs looks awesome in PS4

DDIF

Custom User Title
^^ I din't get how can PS4 mean that more titles will come for PC?
Anways watchdogs looks awesome in PS4
I said great titles bro, as most games were also released for PS3 and Xbox devs had to keep in mind the hardware capabilities of consoles because PC hardware had gone too advanced compared to them. Now we will se more visually rich titles because PS4 has great hardware as reported in all the annoucement articles.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ might be.. I would love to own a ps4, But all games are around 2-3k so it's not at all possible for me to get one

DDIF

Custom User Title
^^ might be.. I would love to own a ps4, But all games are around 2-3k so it's not at all possible for me to get one
Well you can always borrow games from friends or there is piracy also but I won't suggest that.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector

you can get the games from PSN, they are cheap over there.
a game selling on flipkart at 3k, sells for 2.5 k on PSN
>I have a PS3 and I buy 1 game a month :p
but only if I like it/want it.

Well you can always borrow games from friends or there is piracy also but I won't suggest that.

don't think you will be able to pirate games on the PS4

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
you can get the games from PSN, they are cheap over there.
a game selling on flipkart at 3k, sells for 2.5 k on PSN
>I have a PS3 and I buy 1 game a month :p
but only if I like it/want it.

don't think you will be able to pirate games on the PS4

Forget jailbreak, you cant even get second hand games..I would prefer updating my gfx card next year..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Diablo 3 is coming for PS4 and PS3.. Talk about messing the game up big time :/
I wonder how people would play it on a controller :D
Would be funny if they release starcraft lol

bhautikjoshi

Broken In
Biggest question next gen consoles are facing is how to adapt in an era of mobile gaming gaining high popularity, dropping hardware sales is forcing console companies to re-invent their hardware to stay in the game and going by the rumors of blocking second hand game sales, aggressively promoting digital downloads would make console gaming less attractive, there is no immediate solution which can bring down cost of owning games (add long standing issue of custom duties/taxes on gaming software in India) which can help developers and the platform.

Overall prospects looking good for next Playstation, absence of actual PS4 console was a big letdown. Maybe they do not want to give away an early lead to competition as of now, Sony enjoys high popularity in Indian market for game console as compared to Xbox 360, I'm sure it would be a good success like PS3.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^^ source?

Second result of google search.. :)

Diablo 3 is coming for PS4 and PS3.. Talk about messing the game up big time :/
I wonder how people would play it on a controller :D
Would be funny if they release starcraft lol

Diablo 3..!! Seriously? Leave some games like Diablo, Starcraft, for PC only version. You are not going to get the same feel while playing with the controller.
I heard that one of the Command n Conquer series was released for some consoles, but that was fail.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
PS4 will allow used games
In a rather strange conversation between Eurogamer’s writer and Yoshida, a back and forth ended up resulting in the following declaration from the Sony executive: “So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?” The answer came following an exchange between Yoshida and a Sony Japan PR representative, apparently seeking clarification about the particular question being asked.
Source

Top Bottom