PlayStation 4 Announced!!!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
people using Indian shitty broadband (read BS-ANAL) will not be able to use the content streaming..It looks waay too similar to onlive, which required a minimum of 3 MB/s connection(3*8=24mbps) and 5 MB/s recommended..

Spending money in expensive games is definitely better than spending big money at a single time on a gaming rig.
Here is the solution to play FPS games with keyboard-mouse. Amazon.com: PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter: Video Games

Really ? Lets say I buy 20 games per year
For consoles, its 20*3K = Rs 60K
For PC, its 20*1k = 20K

Tell me, in what way is spending 40K more, better than buying a good enough gaming PC ?
Besides, those that own a console definitely HAVE to own a PC or a laptop.. A console cannot provide everything even a low end PC can (Browsing and that kind of stuff)
That is additional investment..
Dont get me wrong, im not a PC elitist.. but sometimes, Indian pricing is just so f***ked up, piracy becomes the only viable option..

Also that thing you suggested is not a solution, its just a way to avoid the problem..
Seriously who in their right minds would buy a console, pay extra for games, then pay some more for online services, then pay some more for that thing, and play with dumba$$ autoaim

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yea! auto aim sucks. Shooting with mouse is more pleasurable. For internet speed, if I am getting 4Mbps smoothly. Will I still face some problem? :?

Try playing Onlive, if your connection works properly, you will have absolutely no PROBLEMS with PS4 content streaming

rider

as Kratos
people using Indian shitty broadband (read BS-ANAL) will not be able to use the content streaming..It looks waay too similar to onlive, which required a minimum of 3 MB/s connection(3*8=24mbps) and 5 MB/s recommended..

Really ? Lets say I buy 20 games per year
For consoles, its 20*3K = Rs 60K
For PC, its 20*1k = 20K

Tell me, in what way is spending 40K more, better than buying a good enough gaming PC ?
Besides, those that own a console definitely HAVE to own a PC or a laptop.. A console cannot provide everything even a low end PC can (Browsing and that kind of stuff)
That is additional investment..
Dont get me wrong, im not a PC elitist.. but sometimes, Indian pricing is just so f***ked up, piracy becomes the only viable option..

I said it's individual choice. You play 20 games. Average gamer play 10 games. Working man can play only 5-6 a year. A guy who is buying PS4 would definitely have a PC/notebook at home. :)
The second option makes a quite sense to get PS4 over a gaming rig. I also think prices of console games is seriously overpriced.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I also think prices of console games is seriously overpriced.

I don't think its overpriced. initial release ; the consoles will cost more.. but later it will stabilize. remember Sony was making losses for every console sold ? no sure about MS.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
40k for a PC
indian user pirating games - playing alone - struggling with crack and all sort of virus issues
>6 months later comes another hardware crunching game - user pirates the same and cant run it - drm etc etc on it - waits and waits for a crack - later gets a crack for it - installs it on the computer - game runs like crap at low res low graphics - eu plays the game and complains everywhere as to why his game runs slow - keeps updating drivers and crap - runs out of hdd space as he has downloaded many games that he plans to play when he buys a new computer

40k for PS4
user buys a game - puts it into the console - plays it the way its supposed to be played - plays it with friends and people online - 4 years later come an awesome game - user buys it and plays straightaway - plays it the way its supposed to be played - also plays it online - plays it/other games remotely on his PS Vita[Can you do that on PC?? I guess not]- same game gets released for PC and the PC user runs here and there to upgrade his PC and ends up buying another 40k computer.

IMO PC is good for PC exclusives - rpg's[aoe type] - fps etc
Console is good for Console Exclusives - platformeres - fps - 3ps - action - fighters - racers - car combat - sports - rythm games - rpg - [final fantasy etc type]

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
40k for a PC
indian user pirating games - playing alone - struggling with crack and all sort of virus issues
>6 months later comes another hardware crunching game - user pirates the same and cant run it - drm etc etc on it - waits and waits for a crack - later gets a crack for it - installs it on the computer - game runs like crap at low res low graphics - eu plays the game and complains everywhere as to why his game runs slow - keeps updating drivers and crap - runs out of hdd space as he has downloaded many games that he plans to play when he buys a new computer

40k for PS4
user buys a game - puts it into the console - plays it the way its supposed to be played - plays it with friends and people online - 4 years later come an awesome game - user buys it and plays straightaway - plays it the way its supposed to be played - also plays it online - plays it/other games remotely on his PS Vita[Can you do that on PC?? I guess not]- same game gets released for PC and the PC user runs here and there to upgrade his PC and ends up buying another 40k computer.

IMO PC is good for PC exclusives - rpg's[aoe type] - fps etc
Console is good for Console Exclusives - platformeres - fps - 3ps - action - fighters - racers - car combat - sports - rythm games - rpg - [final fantasy etc type]
A. More like 2/3 yrs later, the last game to truly tax the GPU was Metro, and now C3, so not 6 months.
B. 99.99% of games cr@cked on released day, only game so far that had not been so was Splinter Cell(forgot which one) and HAWX II.
C. XBox piracy is more rampant than PC, all xbox games are released 2-3 months before launch date and its extremely easy to crack consoles, one time process(hard mod) and all games will run fine.
D. Right now, to play 99% of PC games at high/very high quality @ 1080P you need a 7870GPU, a setup containing the same can be made for 50k, note, this contains the price of the monitor as well.
E. "Updating drivers is cr@p," only a true noob will say this, someone who probably doesn't even know how to create a shortcut on desktop. Cause for the past 2 yrs I had been updating my GTX580 driver in an one click process, download drivers, update, and that's it, no issues, no clean up, nothing, the problem is with laptop GPUs, desktop GPU updating is pretty much streamlined now.

Now make a calculation, x360 online pass costs 400/-

Now a GPU like 7870 will run fine for 2yrs, so that's about 7.2k cost for live(now rumor is PS3 will also use this, but lets skip it for now).

Price difference between PC and Console games on launch day is: 1.5k avg, lets say I play 15 games per year(I play a lot more), now in 2 yrs that's about 45000/-

Total cost overhead of Console vs PC in two years is 45+7.2~52k

So you are paying for the console(current price), 18k+52k=70k(total period of two years)

Total cost for a PC~50k, lets go higher say, 70k, for that I can give you a rig with FX8350, 7950 and 8GB RAM, a system that will breeze through all PC games @ 1080P, and do not forget the quality.

Now as people are saying next gen console games will look better, I agree, but as long as PC games remain priced like this in India, a PC user can either save 20k(if he goes for a 7870 based rig) or he can even out at 70k(7950) and enjoy games, and use his PC for normal tasks as well.

Now you may ask what about after 2 yrs, but you see, now the systems have broken even, and any further savings on game prices can but put towards a GPU and still make a profit, say we go with 15 games plan, with each game costing 1.5k less he can save 22500/- per year, he can either add a new GPU(which will serve him again for two years), costing 16k(7870 class) and save cash or he could add a 20k(7950 class) GPU for max eyecandy, and the next year, its all profit(no GPU purchases needed, so all game savings are turned to profit).

And contrary to popular belief, the GPU is the only part that gets outdated, once every two years, the rest is ok for 3-5yrs easy, and if its a gaming system 6yrs+

And final salt to the wounds, that price of the PC includes the monitor as well.

So final conclusion is this, a console incurs additional overhead of 1.5k*n in India, n being the number of games per year, so whatever advantage of price the console has over PC or hardware etc all gets trumped by that.

Only reason a person should buy a console in India is for the exclusives only, not to mention FPS/TPS etc are pure hell using a controller. Shadowgun had a cross platform architecture(I think), microsoft never tried it with another game, for a very good reason.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

No offence buddy but this is the most retarded reason I have seem so far..
You would pay extra because you dont have to install drivers and other things occasionally or run out of HDD space ? Go ahead

game runs like crap at low res low graphics -
Really ? You are saying Games run at low res low graphics on a PC and high res on a console ..
Sorry man, I just cant take this argument seriously..

plays it the way its supposed to be played
Dont get this
plays it with friends and people online
Guess you have never played MP on PC.. you should try LOTRO, since you are already a LOTR fan (Try that on PS4 btw)..
Btw, MP on PC will always remain free, unlike XboxLive and PS4 online services
plays it/other games remotely on his PS Vita[Can you do that on PC?? I guess not]-
I can play PC games on a android phone/Tablet/Ipad/Iphone, via splashtop.. can you do that on PS4 ?

same game gets released for PC and the PC user runs here and there to upgrade his PC and ends up buying another 40k computer.
Not necessarily, Ill give you an example..
The HD 5770 was released in 2009.. Those that own it can still play crysis 3 at graphics that looks better than PS3... I know because I have seen what PS3 graphics on crysis 3 looks like.. 720p upscaled, blurry textures etc etc..
Although I agree, you will have to upgrade atleast once..in the lifespan of a single console.. But in the end it will be cheaper in the long run..

Look mate, im not trying to bring about another PC vs PS4 argument here, I just stated in my original post that Console games are so expensive that some of us cant afford to play regularly.. hence we go for PC..

Only reason a person should buy a console in India is for the exclusives only, not to mention FPS/TPS etc are pure hell using a controller. Shadowgun had a cross platform architecture(I think), microsoft never tried it with another game, for a very good reason.

This is the reason why consoles even exist today.. If Microsoft hadnt made Halo 3 an exclusive, very few would have bothered to buy 360 (atleast in India)

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
A. More like 2/3 yrs later, the last game to truly tax the GPU was Metro, and now C3, so not 6 months.
B. 99.99% of games cr@cked on released day, only game so far that had not been so was Splinter Cell(forgot which one) and HAWX II.
C. XBox piracy is more rampant than PC, all xbox games are released 2-3 months before launch date and its extremely easy to crack consoles, one time process(hard mod) and all games will run fine.
D. Right now, to play 99% of PC games at high/very high quality @ 1080P you need a 7870GPU, a setup containing the same can be made for 50k, note, this contains the price of the monitor as well.
E. "Updating drivers is cr@p," only a true noob will say this, someone who probably doesn't even know how to create a shortcut on desktop. Cause for the past 2 yrs I had been updating my GTX580 driver in an one click process, download drivers, update, and that's it, no issues, no clean up, nothing, the problem is with laptop GPUs, desktop GPU updating is pretty much streamlined now.

Now make a calculation, x360 online pass costs 400/-

Now a GPU like 7870 will run fine for 2yrs, so that's about 7.2k cost for live(now rumor is PS3 will also use this, but lets skip it for now).

Price difference between PC and Console games on launch day is: 1.5k avg, lets say I play 15 games per year(I play a lot more), now in 2 yrs that's about 45000/-

Total cost overhead of Console vs PC in two years is 45+7.2~52k

So you are paying for the console(current price), 18k+52k=70k(total period of two years)

Total cost for a PC~50k, lets go higher say, 70k, for that I can give you a rig with FX8350, 7950 and 8GB RAM, a system that will breeze through all PC games @ 1080P, and do not forget the quality.

Now as people are saying next gen console games will look better, I agree, but as long as PC games remain priced like this in India, a PC user can either save 20k(if he goes for a 7870 based rig) or he can even out at 70k(7950) and enjoy games, and use his PC for normal tasks as well.

Now you may ask what about after 2 yrs, but you see, now the systems have broken even, and any further savings on game prices can but put towards a GPU and still make a profit, say we go with 15 games plan, with each game costing 1.5k less he can save 22500/- per year, he can either add a new GPU(which will serve him again for two years), costing 16k(7870 class) and save cash or he could add a 20k(7950 class) GPU for max eyecandy, and the next year, its all profit(no GPU purchases needed, so all game savings are turned to profit).

And contrary to popular belief, the GPU is the only part that gets outdated, once every two years, the rest is ok for 3-5yrs easy, and if its a gaming system 6yrs+

And final salt to the wounds, that price of the PC includes the monitor as well.

So final conclusion is this, a console incurs additional overhead of 1.5k*n in India, n being the number of games per year, so whatever advantage of price the console has over PC or hardware etc all gets trumped by that.

Who is talking about xbox, PSN is free fyi
you can use the premium service that is PSN Plus if you want and its not mandatory
what you say is right, PC games are comparatively cheap but you will always have the hassle of installing them, updating them after a lengthy install and so on.
Console games don't have that

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
You install a PC game only once, not every time you play.

And back in my college days I have seen people play nearly every game pirated, using cracks. Some of them didnt even have AV installed as it'd slow the system. Not one of them got a virus as far I can remember. So that argument a couple of posts above is rather pointless. I got a laptop nearly two years ago for ~44k and it can still play all the games I want at decent settings. Not to mention I can lug it anywhere and do all I need to do. So PC graphics cards dont become obsolete after 6 months.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
just saw in reddit that PS4 placeholder price is 1190 New Zealand Dollar , that about 54K INR and games at 120 NZD ~ 100 USD
source

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I can play PC games on a android phone/Tablet/Ipad/Iphone, via splashtop.. can you do that on PS4 ?

Why in God's name would anyone turn their PC on and running, and play in a tablet instead of playing in turned on PC right-away? Gimmick, I say, gimmick.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Gimmick yes.. but isnt playing a PS3/PS4 game on a PSP a gimmick also ?

just saw in reddit that PS4 placeholder price is 1190 New Zealand Dollar , that about 54K INR and games at 120 NZD ~ 100 USD

Indian price should be outrageous lol

abhidev

Human Spambot
40k for PS4

what happens when after 2 yrs Sony release PS5 and its not backward compatible as they did in case of PS4...aren't all the PS3 owners pissed because of this? :/

Top Bottom