Play DivX/Xvid/MP3 on your Playstation 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ BUMP for a few questions...

1. Do all modded PS2 perform equally well?
2. Can I play games from HDD if use a modded PS2?
3. How much will a modded PS2 cost?

Should I go for older versionor the new slimmer Version?

The King

Right off the assembly line
is it at all possible to load this thing without a modded ps2? has anyone tried?

Yo linux_ubuntu... How do you get it to work without a modded ps2 using that program?

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I found the trick for playing PS1 Games .

Press Power/Reset button once with game Disc in it
Wait for screen where it shows the browser ( Memory Card / Game Disc)
Press Reset twice .

:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If people want to know how to play regular DVD5 & DVD9 based DVD's on the modded PS2 then it's fairly simple.

All you need to do is insert the DVD in the PS2.Then press & hold the power button right until the 'Sony Computer Entertainment' logo music hits the screen & release the power button after that.This should be performed properly.If you hold the button down for way too long then it would again reset.

Has anyone got the games to work off the USB HDD?

raksrules

Youngling
Another option to play DVD5 and DVD9 is to press the reset button 4 times. Also i was able to play those roadside (multiple movies in one DVD) in my newly obtained PS2 :)
The shopkeeper said that they wont play but it does in my case. Also it is able to read CD-RW discs properly. Havent yet tried DVD-RW. will try it next week. Also need to try the USB Advance thing to load games from USB drive but before that i need to get my hands on a 4GB USB or a portable HDD, none of which i have.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

I've burned that image u did, it does'nt work on my ps2( silve fat 1) maybe if i do it myself it will work, but the link to download usb.irx is not working, can somebody help me please

I've burned that image u did, it does'nt work on my ps2( silver fat 1) maybe if i do it myself it will work, but the link to download usb.irx is not working, can somebody help me please

Last edited:

alienv

u dont need old usb driver, try my image, just compiled it -> *rapidshare.com/files/178867659/ps2-sms29rev1.zip

iluckv1

Freak Geek!
Guies if u have modded ps2 u can perform all trick that you need.

Well if you are really interested in doing stuff like playing games from HDD or any other thing i will surely help u.

I will post a tutorial (which is already available on web but simplified one) that will make your PS2 worth buying.

Do request me for this tutorial (PM me, I will paste this tutorial here in this forum)

Lorenzo

all i ask is an image of all the nessesary things that will enable me to play avi/mp3 filesa on my silver (fat) ps2(scph-500004 ss). please guys, i beg you'll. Or can someone send me a copy of His/Her cd that worked.

all i ask is an image of all the nessesary things that will enable me to play avi/mp3 filesa on my silver (fat) ps2(scph-500004 ss). please guys, i beg you'll. Or can you send me a your cd that worked. the link you gave me does not start downloading

Last edited:

alienv

use my image from few posts above -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1027531&postcount=135

i have the same version of ps2 (but modded) and it works perfectly

ladeeda

I have tried this twice now and all I seem to be doing is wasting my blank cds. Am I doing it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom