Planning For a plan Upgrade..Please suggest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosemolr

Journeyman
dear friends,
Currently i'am using an asianet dataline Broadband connection.Ma plan is nightbird( 399 per month) ie unlimited downloading from 10 pm to 8 am and 24hrs unlimited download in sundays.Bandwidth is 256 kbps and i'am getting a download speed of 38 kbps(With all boosters and blah blah).Now My isp launched a new plan to compete with bsnl ie. unlimited download from 2am to 6am @ speed of 2mbps and a monthly data usage of 2500MB day time @ 475 per month.I'am a regular user of net..and only a couple of sites i used to visit and a 2 hr of gtalk and ysmgr then two three youtube vedios.
I had called to the customer care of asianet and they told me i will get minimum of 300kbps dwnloading speed !:shock:
I want to know something:

*do you think that i should change to the new plan.?will it be worth..?
*what will be the average usage of firefox per day( i mean bandwidth usage including youtube)..?
*What will be the maximum downloading speed with a 2mbps connection.in direct links and in torrents( i'am getting 38kbps down speed constantly on ma 256kbps connection)?
*I think for bsnl there is an addon for showing realtime bandwidth usage..what about the case of another isp..is there any addon or anysoftwares..other than bwmeter and net traffic metrer( coz i have all these )

Please Give me an answer..thanks in advance

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
My First Q?

Do You Like Downloading Movies, Games, Softwares?

If Yes you can go for 475 plan......as You now spend 399 (per month) + 76 Rs Will give you 8 times bandwidth than now you are getting.

The customer care told : You can get max 300kbps of Speed (If there is no traffic).

You can get max 150 ~ 280kbps (not always) for torr***.
And for normal dlaod you can get 200 ~ 300kbps

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
ofcourse i'am a download freak..i always used to download movies..and bluray rips...and also used to download from torrents..usually in my are there is only a limited number of connections so i tink traffic won't be a problem..and asi told you earlier so far i don't face any problems..i think the download speed will be reliable..thanks for your reply

please help me yaar..everyone one are aware of these na..then please spare a little time for me..i wanna go ahead.

bump..please help me

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
i heard there is a 530 rs plan ... 3gb @2mbps .... 2 to 8 free ... why don u go for tat ?

josephcs

Tech Freak
*do you think that i should change to the new plan.?will it be worth..?
*what will be the average usage of firefox per day( i mean bandwidth usage including youtube)..?
*What will be the maximum downloading speed with a 2mbps connection.in direct links and in torrents( i'am getting 38kbps down speed constantly on ma 256kbps connection)?
*I think for bsnl there is an addon for showing realtime bandwidth usage..what about the case of another isp..is there any addon or anysoftwares..other than bwmeter and net traffic metrer( coz i have all these )

1. If you can manage downloading at night, you can remain on the plan. If you do want to have faster download speed, you'll have to upgrade..
2. It depends on the video length. If you are on the upgraded plan, you can safely use YouTube (according to the quantity you have mentioned)
3. I'm on BSNL's 2MBPS connection. Downloading from RapidShare through Premium Account, I get download speeds upto 500kbps (Internet Download Manager). After PortForwarding, I get around 250kbps in Torrents (uTorrent)
4. Sorry, no idea..

mumble

Broken In
asianet gives 250+ KBps for sure, whereas bsnl is 210 only. Asianets usage, unlike bsnl, u can check even until the last second u used, but ve to logout for it. There is login and logout feature in asianet.

asianet only 4 hours free, but bsnl gives 6 hrs free, which is helpful in case of downloding at morn hours, rather than night in asianet.

im from kerala, right now using both 2.5 gb connections, both are unreliable at times.

speed wise, asianet is the king, but the bw will burn up like nothing.
bsnl, provides flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom