Planetside 2 and Tribes Ascend

darkv0id

Journeyman
Just wanted to ask if anyone here has played these games. I mainly want to know about the kind of pings you guys are getting.If possible mention details of your internet connection as well.

I tend to shy away from multiplayer (especially FPS) since I have wireless broadband (Tata Photon) and popular opinion seems to be that Wireless=Bad Pings. But I played CS 1.6 on an Indian server recently and got pings in the range 8-20 ms. I know neither of these games have Indian servers, but still, what kind of pings can i expect?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
If you were able to get 20ms ping on Indian servers in 1.6, you'll definitely get playable pings in Tribes. Not sure on planetside though.

chris

In the zone
Anyone playing Planetside 2 ? Maybe thinkdigit include it in DVD. It is one of the popular game with 84 Metascore.

PlanetSide 2 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More - Metacritic

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
i am downloading it , this game is epic and the best thing is it is F2P game . Wonder why there is no thread in the gamerz section ////

chris

In the zone
i am downloading it , this game is epic and the best thing is it is F2P game . Wonder why there is no thread in the gamerz section ////

Nice, please post a review after you played it. Some says it is like massive Battlefield 3. I may download in next month, this month i had downloaded many games, don't want BSNL notice it :)

kapilove77

Padawan
I reached level 11 something in planetside 2 then i stopped playing cuz i bought bf3 :D. If you don't have money to buy bf3 the planetside 2 is very good game with massive maps that u will get tired to walk by if u go by foot. :D

Neo

This game is how MMO games ate supposed to be. Best experience for me. I get 300-400ms on my bsnl bb 850combo plan.
But the thing is, my gpu isn't good enough. :(

Whereas on T:A, I get pings around 100-200ms

Neo

I reached level 11 something in planetside 2 then i stopped playing cuz i bought bf3 :D. If you don't have money to buy bf3 the planetside 2 is very good game with massive maps that u will get tired to walk by if u go by foot. :D

Yea, walking by foot is :lol: I always used to use some vehicles, planes etc.

rayfire

Journeyman
Can everyone see your ping and hate you for high ping ?

Dint get u.before u download ping these ip's
Briggs: 69.174.220.23
Ceres: 195.33.132.167
Cobalt: 195.33.132.169
Miller: 195.33.132.168
Woodman: 195.33.132.169
Connery: 64.37.174.140
Mattherson: 199.108.194.38
Waterson: 199.108.194.41

guide:
Steam Community :: Guide :: Checking Your Ping In Planetside 2

chris

In the zone
Most of the servers have higher than 500 ping for me. I am using BSNL, it may be my ISP only. I used to get below 200 ms ping for Battlefield 3 SG servers at night. I stopped playing BF3 for some time as most of the SG servers are empty. I thought Planetside being mmorpg no one will notice your ping as lot of players playing in one server. On BF3, max 64 player limit make it easy to notice player with high ping, even getting kicked for it.

Checking the steam link now.

rayfire

Journeyman
Most of the servers have higher than 500 ping for me. I am using BSNL, it may be my ISP only. I used to get below 200 ms ping for Battlefield 3 SG servers at night. I stopped playing BF3 for some time as most of the SG servers are empty. I thought Planetside being mmorpg no one will notice your ping as lot of players playing in one server. On BF3, max 64 player limit make it easy to notice player with high ping, even getting kicked for it.

Checking the steam link now.

i myself want to play BF3 but not sure to buy it, ill w8 BF4 and hope for indian servers

Top Bottom