Photo Projects - Practical Approach

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah thats y i wrote in the 1st post to post only the best one and not all of them :) remaining u can post in photography thread.

I will also try some more ...will try for the perfect one ...not a tree but maybe something else i can get....I had an idea but it failed that day...will try it again :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Mod may thing that Sujoy is spamming the forum and ban him :rofl: And you are nicely escaping by asking Sujoy to do it...:rofl:

Definitely not my intention .... would be an epic level troll though :)) . Anyhow 2 projects a week sounds good too, atleast it'll keep us clicking.

So is open sky the second project for the week? seems like a good time for it, what with the rains and all

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I was planning to put the starry night as 2nd project but its rainy season and most of us wont be able to get stars at night

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Again I tried today. I think it's little better this time because of the subject.

But it was drizzling :( Sky is dull this time

Here it is...

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/9734/2rwl.jpg

Wanted to take landscape style photograph for this project, like the one in the book. But I couldn't... and I am ok with photograph.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Suojy is banging his head:banghead: to pick a topic for this week. It's either we can't find the subject for the project or we may not have the equipment required. Let's say he is coming up with a simple one like self portrait, how many of you will post your work. :) I have been hanging around here for about 20 months, I couldn't remember anyone have ever posted a self portrait (not a dim light portrait or your shadows or silhouette kind). Only one I can remember now is Vimal, he has posted his.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac that pic is awesome...just wish there was more water below to see the reflection...its superb

Nac do you want self portrait ....it will be fun :D but thing is you have to take ur own shot and not take help of somebody else...are u ready ...then will formally post the topic here :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@nac: :)) ...... That is the biggest dilemma as a photographer, your collection will have 1000s of pics, of 100s of events, from a variety of photo styles but hardly any pics of you. We can start a self portrait project, would be good to be able to put a face to the familiar names.

So if Sujoy agrees we can have this as the next project.

a little something to inspire and guide us 100 Seriously Cool Self-Portraits (And Tips to Shoot Your Own!)

*d2f29brjr0xbt3.cloudfront.net/526_selfportraits/selfportrait-52.jpg

*d2f29brjr0xbt3.cloudfront.net/526_selfportraits/selfportrait-67.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am cool with the project. Just that I don't know whether I would be posting mine or not... Haven't done so before... A million dollar question. Just wanted know how you guys feel about posting your own photographs.

That's a nice link, Amlan.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac lets do it...I will find some nice article and post some background info about it ...lets do it :D its not that u have to reveal urself...u can wear mask...take silhouette or even cover your face except ur eyes like that

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Fine then. I will try and if I find it interesting, I will post it. You don't have to look for some articles, unless you want to throw something extra. It's already there in the book.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Project 2 :Self Portraits

Self portrait means taking the shot of your own. without help of any third person.
Tips for self portraits -
1. Check the focus properly. keep a teddy or something in the place beforehand to set the focus properly.
2. if taking normal portraits look into the camera
3. keep aperture accordingly...if background is away keep aperture open around f2.8 else keep f4 -f5.6 to get everything in focus.
4. always use timer at least 10 sec to cool down and give a pose...2 sec is just too hurry.

my Fav amature self portrait photographer is emily theresa ....she takes awesome self portraits.
Flickr: emily theresa's Photostream

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
soo here is my self portraits for today night

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/9085287287_32f338babc_z.jpg
DSC_8530 by sujoyp, on Flickr

6x6

Journeyman
^ IMO position of hand is not looking good, ... may be the effect of emily theresa's Photostream on my mind :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Already!!! I didn't expect this quick. I still looking for what kinda shot I can try...

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac that was taken at night 1 o clock :D was testing light techniques and diffusers and softbox etc....will post something else if i succeed

lm2k

Journeyman
Project 2 :Self Portraits

Self portrait means taking the shot of your own. without help of any third person.
Tips for self portraits -
1. Check the focus properly. keep a teddy or something in the place beforehand to set the focus properly.
2. if taking normal portraits look into the camera
3. keep aperture accordingly...if background is away keep aperture open around f2.8 else keep f4 -f5.6 to get everything in focus.
4. always use timer at least 10 sec to cool down and give a pose...2 sec is just too hurry.

my Fav amature self portrait photographer is emily theresa ....she takes awesome self portraits.
Flickr: emily theresa's Photostream

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
soo here is my self portraits for today night

nice try , but some work done on posing would have made it great.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
im2k its very difficult to set timer of 10 sec and run to give pose :D ....still i am trying...the pic i posted is actually sitting on the floor...and diffused light from softbox from front below me..
tomorrow i will try in day light...lets see

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Tried some, and I couldn't come up with an interesting one. I even attempted to turn myself avatarish look using gimp. :D You all know how good I am at editing photographs :p Still trying...

Sujoy, That's the maximum time delay in your camera?
You have remote trigger, right. Then, why bother about time delay.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I need time delay coz the remote trigger is engaged with flash....i can use them either as a flash trigger or a remote trigger...not both togather

max time is 10s

Top Bottom