Phone with quick GPS lock

ramzsys

Broken In
I am in the market for a GPS device, but given the sophistication of current mobiles and the itch to try an android, i decided to buy a phone with an android.

I tried HTC explorer and the GPS lock was fantastic, within 10-15 seconds, but since the phone doesn't have a compass, i am put off from it.

I don't bother about camera, M/G Hz or RAM. Just a phone with good GPS.

Price-wise, lower the better!

kkk05

Broken In
My opinion is:
If you are in the market for a phone and want to use it as GPS device, most phones these days have similar capabilities (faster fix with AGPS wihtout which fix is lottery) and crappy battery life with GPS and data network on. Choose something which has better battery.

If you are in market for GPS device, unfortunately no phone is replaceable to a GPS device yet. GPS devices have better accuracy, better battery life and you can have it infornt of you always. If you keep the phone's screen on like this along with GPS and data, phone might not lost for half of your travel.

OP
R

ramzsys

Broken In
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S is available from a friend for 10k. Can i go ahead with it?

Last edited:

ujjwal321

Journeyman
Xperia arc has great .. it locks the location Fast even without cellular connection. Arc s should also have the same gps.. so that might be a good deal for you if gps is your preference

Top Bottom