Phone for around 20k

cyanide911

Broken In
I'm looking for a phone for my sister for around 20k. Right now, I feel my best option is Samsung Galaxy R.

She doesn't have any particular necessities, so just the best phone for around 20k is what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Galaxy R is best option but ask her if she is ready for a 4" mobile. else best option is Xperia Ray with 8Mp cam & higher resolution than R. but single core. for girls, specs doesn't really matter till UI is butter smooth.

OP
C

cyanide911

Broken In
for girls, specs doesn't really matter till UI is butter smooth.

Hah I know exactly what you mean but some might take that as being sexist :p.

About the Ray, has it been released in India? Because on Ebay it's available with a dealer warranty, 6 month, not the standard 1 year company warranty. Anyway, she won't settle for a 3.3 inch screen if she can get 4.2.

Which are the good WM7.5 options available around 20k? Would you recommend them over the Android options? How is the WP7.5 app store? She would need a lot of small casual games and all on her phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
About the Ray, has it been released in India? Because on Ebay it's available with a dealer warranty, 6 month, not the standard 1 year company warranty. Anyway, she won't settle for a 3.3 inch screen if she can get 4.2.

yup. Ray has been released and one member has already purchased it. available on all online shops.

Which are the good WM7.5 options available around 20k?

Nokia Lumia 710 & Samsung Omnia W. the latter one have Super Amoled screen while Nokia uses ClearBlack display. rest everything is same.

Would you recommend them over the Android options?

NO. reasons are simple: file transfer, video transfer, etc needs to be done through Zune. no expandable memory. bluetooth transfer not possible natively (maybe some apps allow it, don't know).

How is the WP7.5 app store?

wait for others to replay on this.

OP
C

cyanide911

Broken In
Right. So I understand that as far as VFM is concerned, I can't do better than the Galaxy R for around 20k. But you're right the power would be overkill for her.

What do you think about the Defy+?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
girls hate Motorola, usually :p

Defy+ is overpriced. instead of it, check Neo V. though its not as solidly build as Defy+ but with Android IceCream Sandwich update fused with Timescape theme it'll look classy. but this will happen after a few months.

OP
C

cyanide911

Broken In
girls hate Motorola, usually :p

Defy+ is overpriced. instead of it, check Neo V. though its not as solidly build as Defy+ but with Android IceCream Sandwich update fused with Timescape theme it'll look classy. but this will happen after a few months.

Looks good, I'll check it out.

Last edited:
S

siddhipatel

If your sister don’t have any kind of specific choice then you have to decide whethrt you'll buy an android phone, windows phone or mobile with bada OS? Decide the OS first and you have n number of choice available with you in Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, HTC.

Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Samsung Galaxy R, HTC Rhyme, HTC Incredible S, HTC Radar etc. Nokia Lumia 800 and Nokia Lumia 710 are also the latest one and have they are called windows phone.

red dragon

Master troll
Yes,that is right.
Even 3gs is 2 gen old.
But girls usually are not bothered with these things.
They are usually satisfied with a good looking phone(which works well ootb) and decent camera.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you wanna buy an android phone then get a HTC Desire S for 20-21k
And iphone 3GS is also good for your sis.It is a very slim phone with decent features.But also do remember the disadvantages of iphones..
There is also an option in blackberry which is curve 9360,it is a very slim phone.I have used it for a couple of mins and its pretty good actually

red dragon

Master troll
My wife dropped her iphone in a bucketful of water today and it died,so I am also looking for a good looking phone.

Top Bottom