Phone confusion

hdknitro

bringing the world down
I want to buy a Android phone. And I have been looking through to find my perfect Phone. So here is what I need:--
* 800MHz processor or above
* 3.2 inch screen but less than 4 inches
* Android 2.2 or above
* 3.5 mm audio jack
* flash friendly net browser :idea: (might use Opera or Skyfire)
* A good WiFi support
* camera 3 mega-pixel or above
* As I convert and watch movies I would like to have a good video player (more codecs means more fun)

AS Motorola MILESTONE 2 is not available in INDIA, I am confused over Samsung galaxy ACE and Motorola DEFY. BUDGET can exceed up to 18K.
And I am also confused over which UI is better MOTOBLUR or TOUCHWIZ.

I have changed some requirements

Last edited:

vulpine

Broken In
Dude your requirements are quite funny....
800MHz or ABOVE
3.5 inch screen or ABOVE....

coming to the point....why not samsung galaxy sl...? checks all your boxes and more...
if you can stretch... better get Galaxy S....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ace doesn't support flash in browser. get Motorola Defy. falls within your budget & have everything you need.

both MotoBlur & Touchwiz sucks. Motoblur is nothing but a crapware attached to all motorola androids & touchwiz makes the mobile a big electronic cartoon box.

Soumik

Padawan
@OP - Get Defy or increase ur budget and make a choice between Galaxy SL and Defy. Defy is clearly better than Ace.

OP
H

hdknitro

bringing the world down
Dude your requirements are quite funny....
800MHz or ABOVE
3.5 inch screen or ABOVE....

coming to the point....why not samsung galaxy sl...? checks all your boxes and more...
if you can stretch... better get Galaxy S....

My Budget doesn't support a 20K phone(galaxy SL). and what I have heard and seen SL is not as impressive as it looks in specs. The processor is good to bet for, but Paying 5K extra for a 200 MHz of extra processing speed is not the kind of deal i want. And a 4 inch screen is way bigger than my jeans pocket. I am at present using a Nokia E63 and want to upgrade the phone to android for entertainment and surfing purposes, and I think SL would be like getting into the business minded phones.

Ace doesn't support flash in browser. get Motorola Defy. falls within your budget & have everything you need.

both MotoBlur & Touchwiz sucks. Motoblur is nothing but a crapware attached to all motorola androids & touchwiz makes the mobile a big electronic cartoon box.

If both UI sucks than what about HTC wildfire S

guru_urug

iGoogle
My Budget doesn't support a 20K phone(galaxy SL). and what I have heard and seen SL is not as impressive as it looks in specs.

If both UI sucks than what about HTC wildfire S

The SL is not for 20K anymore, You shud be able to get it in ur budget. And my friend has it, its a good buy at that price range,the cheapest 1ghz android phone u can buy(maybe except rebranded chinese phones).
Else go for Defy, its a good phone but I really havent seen it getting very popular on forums (dunno why)

The wildfire S is gonna be over-priced and definitely a step in the wrong direction. Plus no flash support too. So Avoid

Sarath

iDota
I have got a 4.2" phone. Seriously it doesnt matter. I cant really say this apart from a 3.5" unless I am too paranoid, which I am not. Dont let that bother you.

Soumik

Padawan
The SL is not for 20K anymore, You shud be able to get it in ur budget. And my friend has it, its a good buy at that price range,the cheapest 1ghz android phone u can buy(maybe except rebranded chinese phones).
Else go for Defy, its a good phone but I really havent seen it getting very popular on forums (dunno why)

The wildfire S is gonna be over-priced and definitely a step in the wrong direction. Plus no flash support too. So Avoid

-1 to Wildfire S. Not worth it.
Defy is hugely popular in the XDA forums(Loads of mods available for it). Moto reputation in India is generally bad due to past experience, hence it didnt become a massive hit in Indian market.

sygeek

Technomancer
Go for Samsung Galaxy Ace, it is an incredible phone. And that reminds me, you might even wanna go for HTC Incredible S, best smartphone ever!

OP
H

hdknitro

bringing the world down
I said Wildfire S not Incredible S

The SL is not for 20K anymore, You shud be able to get it in ur budget.

Bro I am considering prices given over flipkart.com. And for a second opinion I am checking the prices in the market at regular intervals. The lowest I know is 19500/-. So that is almost 20K. As for defy, It is my first choice here. but I still want opinions on UI, and Hardware

Ali Stone

Broken In
without a second thought go for htc wildfire s search it on google view it and decide it is about 15K and best value for money

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Bro I am considering prices given over flipkart.com. And for a second opinion I am checking the prices in the market at regular intervals. The lowest I know is 19500/-. So that is almost 20K. As for defy, It is my first choice here. but I still want opinions on UI, and Hardware

some members have brought SL for 19k or less. try hard. 18k is very much possible but lack of camera flash is a sure let down.

Defy is a balanced mobile. got everything one may wish for & best is, it runs on Froyo.

without a second thought go for htc wildfire s search it on google view it and decide it is about 15K and best value for money

how? compare it with Optimus One & Ace. same screen size & resolution as Optimus One. better cam & flash but then Ace have the same but bigger screen. only thing to back it is Gingerbread with Sense UI. anything over 12k is a bad price for such a mobile.

OP
H

hdknitro

bringing the world down

I went to ask for Htc, it is available at 13.5k. but the guy also said that it has a very crappy battery.

@SAM will wait for a while as I have got myself into a financial ditch. Would get DEFY. will keep u guys posted

Ali Stone

Broken In
sam andro 2.3 is very good and much better and it is the phone to pay that price tag or he can wait for a couple of month and get that phone for much better price battery of ando phones sux but thier are some phones with great life being andro

Top Bottom