Phone around 6-7K

utkarsh73

Journeyman
I need a very simple and sturdy phone in the price bracket of 6000-7000 Rs.

It must NOT be android(I already have one), must have a simple interface, and must have a good battery life. A dual sim or 3g will do but is not compulsory.

Preferably Nokia or Samsung and NO spice, micromax or other dumb brands.
I have shortlisted
1)samsung Star II Duos.
2)Samsung primo s5610.
3)Nokia C2-03.

For Nokia C2-03, I have read many bad reviews. Which is the best among these? Or do you guys have any other suggestion??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have used Nokia C2-03. terrible touchscreen. just terrible.

Star series got slow UI. so check well. though it looks good.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Samsung Galaxy Y. You know, I used it for hours today. It's actually a pretty decent phone.

It doesn't even lag!

andro

Broken In
BB Curve 8520 (may be 1k dearer)
1.Good battery backup.
2.Acceptable camera
3.Build quality at par with devices in that range.
4.Among the few best OS,if u simply want to use it as a phone.

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Now BB Curve 8520 seems a good option.
and i don't understand how these blackberrys work.....Do we have compulsory activate that monthly plan or we can use it like any other normal phone??
And I have also heard that BBs are not good at multimedia. Is that so??
And I am not considering C2-03 now after many -ve feedbacks.

Any other suggestion???

andro

Broken In
U need to enable BES/BIS to get email/Internet services on the device.However opera mini works by regular APN settings but you cannot use the native apps of BB apart from the app store.It means you can have the normal multimedia handset type internet access but not a smartphone type which BB actuallly is.
Multimedia is fine,it even has dedicated music keys.A/V at par with handsets of this range.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
How about Samsung wave Y with BADA 2.0? Rs 7140 at flipkart:

Samsung Wave Y S5380: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Good screen quality and sunlight legibility. Battery life seems to be good too.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if you don't like Android & want a simple nononsense smartphone, Wave Y fits the bill perfectly. but check GSMArena comments. thats the best & most trusted way to find potential flaws in this mobile if any. most will shout "buy this". ignore them & look out for detailed comments.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

+1 .. Samsung has pretty good phones with BADA . ..!

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
A good suggestion(samsung wave y). One thing is does BADA eats battery like the android? Any first-hand experience?? And if it has a good app-ecosystem it will be a huge plus(anyways, its not a concern).
Meanwhile I came across Samsung Primo s5610. It also looks quite decent and available for 6200. Simple and no-nonsense.
Where does it stand before wave-Y???Also wave has got 2mp camera and s5610 has 5mp primary along with secondary camera.

Sorry for the late reply. I did not get any email notification for the above replies even when I have subscribed for instant notification. Today I m manually seeing the thread so I came to know about the replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you are ok with a feature phone, then go with Primo. look good & you can get it from HomeShop18 for just 5.4k which is unbeatable. as a secondary mobile, this is recommended.

red dragon

Master troll
No,Bada does not eat battery like Android.
It is very well coded system,has the same TW interface and Android like notification system.

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Now I m in 2 minds. Wave-Y seems a good option but feature wise primo stands tall. Today I m going to shop and will choose from these two.

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Brought home Samsung Primo S5610 for 6K. Its display looks quite bigger than it actually seems.
If I had to choose I would have chosen wave-Y, but my father gave me an interesting offer to buy Primo and then replace it with his Galaxy pop S5570. He was too tempted towards primo. So I will now use s5570 and my father will use Primo which well suits him.
Thanks for all your suggestion guys. This forum is good place to be.:)

Top Bottom