Petrol Price to be the cheapest in goa

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Petrol for as cheap as Rs.55 per litre was one of the main promises of the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) in its election manifesto for the March 3 assembly polls.

Parrikar said that only 0.1 per cent value added tax (VAT) component would be levied by the state government for sake of record.

"I propose to reduce petrol price by Rs.11 per litre to save commuters from inflation," Parrikar said, presenting his first budget after his party came to power in the state/

Once the budget is passed, the price of petrol in Goa would be the cheapest in the country at Rs.55.

Petrol in Goa is presently priced at approximately Rs.66 per litre.

The reduction of petrol price is expected to provide major relief to a large section of the 14 lakh-odd population in Goa, which has one two-wheeler for every three resident citizens. As of 2011, the state had 5.33 lakh two-wheelers registered in the state.

Parrikar also said that in order to lure aviation companies to refuel at the Goa airport, VAT on aviation fuel would be reduced from 22 per cent to 12 per cent.

Found in a PAGE in facebook

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
They..Should make Petrol at least cheaper by 5rs thru out the country.
Though we have a refinery in our city petrol is not cheap

lordirecto

In the zone
Even the reduced prices of petrol is high compared to other countries in the world. India charges as much as 50% tax on fuel.

ageless

Broken In
We have such high Tax on petrol because

1) India imports almost 80% of petrol.

2) India needs taxes from hard working men/women to fuel the greed of it's politicians and even some businessmen, to fund bad policies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Middle East has lots of oil fields.

Every European country has higher petrol price than India. Same for Japan and South Korea as well.

Like I said, good and efficient public transport. People won't have to buy/use their own vehicles. Petrol consumption will go down. Cheaper petrol. But Indians - public and government are too stupid to realise this.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Ya Promote Public Transport.
But the condition of buses is so bad in smaller towns that its completely useless.

Though Metro Trains And DTC buses in Delhi are still in much better condition and useful.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Thats The Result Of Development and Higher Literacy..Better Understanding Of Every Thing.

BTW is the figure accurate..i dont think in a big city like NY that many people would be without cars.

Perhaps It would have been like this:
In New York 75% people dont use a car.They use public transport

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats The Result Of Development and Higher Literacy..Better Understanding Of Every Thing.

BTW is the figure accurate..i dont think in a big city like NY that many people would be without cars.

Perhaps It would have been like this:
In New York 75% people dont use a car.They use public transport
nope, he is right.

Wikipedia said:
New York is the only city in the United States where over half of all households do not own a car (Manhattan's non-ownership is even higher - around 75%; nationally, the rate is 8%).

I've been to New York City. The public transport system is excellent. Though interstate transportation is through cars. For example, someone lives in New Jersey but goes for work in NYC. He'll go in his car. He'll park it in a parking station - NOT his office. And then pick up a means of public transport to his office.

One more thing, Delhi has wider roads than NYC. But traffic jams are less frequent. Everyone drives in lanes, keeps distance and never honks. Indians are morons.

Regarding the maintenance of public transport in smaller cities - Indians don't know how to live and let live.

In many Delhi, the situation is like this. Father has his own car. Mother has his own car. Father gifts a car to his son when he turns 18. Each of them will use their own cars to go to their destination. One man. One car. If the son gets married, one car for his wife too.

Stuck in a traffic jam whenever I see cars around me having only one man, I always think - "ye ******* kehte hai ki petrol sasta karo?"

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I had been to dubai.The transport is really wonderfull.I would really love such transport in India.
I my city,I am scared to enter the busses,As they Drive Rash plus they are private buses,no government busses in Mangalore :(.In the morning and evening busses are so full around 2-3 people will be on the footboard,and many hanging out.In Rainy seasons you will find people Catching those plastic cover sheets.They Risk their Life.I wish transport improves in India.Like NYC,Dubai(Which has an fully automatic Metro)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gasoline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- 1.50 Euros per Litre is the average Petrol price in European countries. That's exactly Rs. 100. Like India, these countries also import majority of fuel.

"Gareeb desh. Aam janta." - is stupid. Efficient public transport is the solution.

As they Drive Rash plus they are private buses,no government busses in Mangalore :(.In the morning and evening busses are so full around 2-3 people will be on the footboard,and many hanging out.In Rainy seasons you will find people Catching those plastic cover sheets.They Risk their Life.I wish transport improves in India.Like NYC,Dubai(Which has an fully automatic Metro)
Nothing will happen in this country. The tragedy about this country is - people and the government, both are idiots. You can't say the same for USA. Their government is stupid, but people are fine.

If each municipality thinks of sorting out transportation problem in their city, everything would be fine.

In most Indian "cities" if you are dropped at point X, you can't come back to your home smoothly.

There isn't any problem if one owns a car and uses it the way he likes. It is his choice. But people/govt. should realise the right solution. Lowering/hiking of fuel price is not the solution.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
nope, he is right.

I've been to New York City. The public transport system is excellent. Though interstate transportation is through cars. For example, someone lives in New Jersey but goes for work in NYC. He'll go in his car. He'll park it in a parking station - NOT his office. And then pick up a means of public transport to his office.

One more thing, Delhi has wider roads than NYC. But traffic jams are less frequent. Everyone drives in lanes, keeps distance and never honks. Indians are morons.

Regarding the maintenance of public transport in smaller cities - Indians don't know how to live and let live.

In many Delhi, the situation is like this. Father has his own car. Mother has his own car. Father gifts a car to his son when he turns 18. Each of them will use their own cars to go to their destination. One man. One car. If the son gets married, one car for his wife too.

Stuck in a traffic jam whenever I see cars around me having only one man, I always think - "ye ******* kehte hai ki petrol sasta karo?"

Ya. Car Pooling Is Good.
Must Be adopted.

I had been to dubai.The transport is really wonderfull.I would really love such transport in India.
I my city,I am scared to enter the busses,As they Drive Rash plus they are private buses,no government busses in Mangalore :(.In the morning and evening busses are so full around 2-3 people will be on the footboard,and many hanging out.In Rainy seasons you will find people Catching those plastic cover sheets.They Risk their Life.I wish transport improves in India.Like NYC,Dubai(Which has an fully automatic Metro)

LOL...But IF you ever happen to come to Delhi Try Noticing The Situation of Private Buses..older ones...There will be literally around 7-10 guys hanging like jerk on the footboard...very common site in delhi!!!

And these morons more or less Enjoy The air ride not concerning the safety of their own or other people on the roads.

Why In The God's Name is Delhi Gov Letting those old crap pvt buses run on roads...!!!:banghead:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see them anywhere now. They have been replaced by low-floor buses from Ashok Leyland and tata Marcopolo everywhere. Congestion has also decreased lately, though few routes are very congested.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Try going to Vasant Kunj Side/Mehroli etc and you will know....

I don't see them anywhere now. They have been replaced by low-floor buses from Ashok Leyland and tata Marcopolo everywhere. Congestion has also decreased lately, though few routes are very congested.

Officially Yes.
All Buses Are Now Low Floor.
I dont know why you cant notice but there are still hundreds of those old buses on-road.:confused:

Top Bottom