Personal Hygiene and Etiquette Thread V1: Ear Wax Edition

ashs1

Padawan
Mix lemon drops/juice with potato paste. ( mashed potatoes) & apply it as a face pack. The lemons, being acidic in nature, removes accumulated dirt ( also reduces pimples as well) and the potatoes have bleaching property, making the skin fairer.
Use this method maybe thrice a week as lemons might sting a bit due to acidity.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Mix lemon drops/juice with potato paste. ( mashed potatoes) & apply it as a face pack. The lemons, being acidic in nature, removes accumulated dirt ( also reduces pimples as well) and the potatoes have bleaching property, making the skin fairer.

it will also sting if any cut marks/scars is present

Gollum

Collector

good stuff, I will try it too :p

amjath

Human Spambot
thx [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] and [MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] for the suggestion. Heard about multani mutti also [MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] suggestion but forgot the methods.

- - - Updated - - -

potato quality?
Btw, is it boiled mashed potato or raw potato

I was about to ask the same, its not boiled I guess

- - - Updated - - -

BTW will this work for dark circles too or cucumber will help

Nerevarine

Incarnate

much thanks
so try

ashs1

Padawan
potato quality?
Btw, is it boiled mashed potato or raw potato

thx [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] and [MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] for the suggestion. Heard about multani mutti also [MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] suggestion but forgot the methods.

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to ask the same, its not boiled I guess

- - - Updated - - -

BTW will this work for dark circles too or cucumber will help

its raw potato.. Grate the potato & mix the lemon juice in it. ( like Zangetsu said, lemon juice will also sting if you have scars/cut marks, so take care ). You can also add rosewater to it.
Once the lemon juice/rosewater is added, Beat the mixture to a paste & then apply it for about 20 minutes.
Don't apply lemon juice much as it too much of it results in dry skin.

amjath

Human Spambot
its raw potato.. Grate the potato & mix the lemon juice in it. ( like Zangetsu said, lemon juice will also sting if you have scars/cut marks, so take care ). You can also add rosewater to it.
Once the lemon juice/rosewater is added, Beat the mixture to a paste & then apply it for about 20 minutes.
Don't apply lemon juice much as it too much of it results in dry skin.

About dark circles

ashs1

Padawan
About dark circles

You can use the same procedure for dark circles, but take utmost care while applying it near the eyes. Infact, avoid adding lemon juice if you're gonna apply it near eyes.
For separate remedy, you can keep cucumber/tomato/potato slices over your eyes for 15-20 minutes. Cucumber and tomato juices can also be applied.
& a good ( atleast ) 7 hour sleep at night is mandatory. :p :D

amjath

Human Spambot
You can use the same procedure for dark circles, but take utmost care while applying it near the eyes. Infact, avoid adding lemon juice if you're gonna apply it near eyes.
For separate remedy, you can keep cucumber/tomato/potato slices over your eyes for 15-20 minutes. Cucumber and tomato juices can also be applied.
& a good ( atleast ) 7 hour sleep at night is mandatory. :p :D

I sleep at 11 and sleep for around 6 and half hours. BTW thanks will keep those points in mind

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Any suggestions for product that helps hold hair ? i use a shampoo and conditioner everyday (fructis) but, as soon as my hair dries, i turn into vegeta (read - hair becomes untidy)..
So, im looking for a product that actually holds hair.. A big no to GELS, my scalp becomes dry and itchy when i use them.. Also trying to avoid oils..

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
going to suggest somewhat contrary to what you've mentioned - you may use an edible oil to massage your scalp (and feet as well) before sleeping at night (would prevent the dryness), wash it off with your shampoo in the morning.

dont know if you will get it at your place. there's an aloe vera extract product we get here in Maharashtra, named 'D. Jain aloe vera extract'. pure extract with no additives as per the ingredients. although its suggested to apply on hair for 20 mins before bathing, i sometimes use it as a 'hair-gel', just because i find its holding-power better than any gel, combined with the feeling of freshness that it provides. i use it that way after applying curd to my scalp and hair before/while bathing, and then the extract to my face and hair, and i find that it keeps the hair held till evening or more.

P.S. - curd itself, if applied for some 20 mins before bathing, will help your hair kept held for a long time. also gives a freshness-feel (although a 'curdy' scent remains). add to that the aloe vera extract, and both the aspects (freshness & holding-power) get doubled!

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I did,the problem is, when my hair's wet.. i can comb it around easily.. but as soon as it dries, i turn into vegeta
I tried dove shampoo + conditioner, pantene shampoo + conditioner, fructis shampoo + conditioner, all of them do the same thing...
I need a "hair setter" without using Gels or Oils, something natural like the aloe vera suggestion.. (too bad its not available in my place)

amjath

Human Spambot
^ don't know what to suggestion. But one advice never comb your hair using comb when it's wet

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I did,the problem is, when my hair's wet.. i can comb it around easily.. but as soon as it dries, i turn into vegeta
I tried dove shampoo + conditioner, pantene shampoo + conditioner, fructis shampoo + conditioner, all of them do the same thing...
I need a "hair setter" without using Gels or Oils, something natural like the aloe vera suggestion.. (too bad its not available in my place)

when taking bath every time set your hair with hands (when the hair is wet and with shampoo foam)...this way your hair will take that shape u give

Top Bottom