Peculiar problems.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay I recently acquired an HD7850 from an RMA process. It was working fine. Now I bought a new fx8320 recently and now, whenever I start up my pc after it being off for some time, the display flashes on and off a few times(while in desktop or doing random stuff). Also, I see strange blue flickering lines in the background if a User Account Control window comes up. However this only lasts abour 3-4 minutes. After that display works fine. I ran 3d mark vantage and 3d mark 11, played watchdogs,battlefield 4 etc for 1 hour or so and no issues at all.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening? :\

- - - Updated - - -

P.S:- problem does not happen if I restart pc. But if I keep the pc off for about an hour or so, then when I power it on, the same problem occurs for 3-4 minutes. Then it works fine. I reinstalled catalyst 3 times. Currently on 14.4 stable build.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It might be because of the Power options in the control panel.There are 3 modes and you use only "High performance" mode. Always use "Never" in all the options in High Performance mode.
Using a DVI-D cable rather than a HDMI cable solved my problem which was somewhat just like your's.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
It might be because of the Power options in the control panel.There are 3 modes and you use only "High performance" mode. Always use "Never" in all the options in High Performance mode.
Using a DVI-D cable rather than a HDMI cable solved my problem which was somewhat just like your's.

^ Could you please elaborate? Do you mean the "power options" in control panel? Or the settings in the bios? There is power saving,normal and high performance for the cpu inside the bios. But no such option for modes in the power menu.
And I use a dvi connector.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Nope. And there doesn't seem to be any problem with the cpu. It handles prime95 fine for 1-2 hours with temps stuck at 52 maximum.
I already reset the graphics card 3 times. Changed the 6 pin pci-e power connector from the psu. And I just played battlefield 4 again for 2 hours. Absolutely no issues of artifacts or anything.
But when I powered the pc on in the morning,there was the same problem for 3 minutes or so. Screen flashed on and off 2-3 times and there were some lines in the background when a UAC window popped up. But then it went away by itself. Its weird.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ Could you please elaborate? Do you mean the "power options" in control panel? Or the settings in the bios? There is power saving,normal and high performance for the cpu inside the bios. But no such option for modes in the power menu.
And I use a dvi connector.

Yes.There are 3 modes in power options in the control panel and set it to High Performance mode.eg;Balanced,High Performance,Power Saver. Use "Never" in all the drop down menu's.eg; Never to shutdown the pc within 15mins of idle period likewise.Ok.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay I'll try it and let you know.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=105611]bavusani[/MENTION] No it fixes nothing. Same result. Had that issue for 3-5 times after powering on my PC in the evening. But went away soon. Since then no problem. Dunno what is happening.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
That is kind of difficult but will try and post results here.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=105611]bavusani[/MENTION] [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION]

I had a blank 80gb hdd lying around. I took it and installed win 8.1 and all the mobo drivers+catalyst 14.4. Then when I powered on the pc this morning there were no issues. No screen flashing, no blue lines.
Still not sure what was actually causing the issue. Maybe the previous win 7 installation was corrupt or something.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Well neither hdd is new. The 500gb one with win 7 is 3 years old and the 80gb one is 7 years old. :p
But yes, I'll try reinstalling win 8.1 in the 500 gb and report back.
Strange though, since I didn't know OS install could cause graphical glitches @_@

- - - Updated - - -

Update:- Problem seems to have fixed itself. :| Connected old hdd with win 7 but no problems now.
Must have been a loose wire or something. But I did check all the wires last time too.-_-

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect it be a case of condensing moisturizer .. this happens sometime in the rainy season.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for correcting me.

Too much humidity or moisture condensation can sometime affect the startup of a pc. Unless the components dries out properly a pc may refuse to start. This may sound a little bit foolish but I've seen this happening ... a pc take s as much a 1 hour to start up, can you believe that ?!

Top Bottom