PC Wont boot

I thought of cleaning my motherboard and the chassis. I removed all cables, except the cpu, heatsink, gpu and ram. Now when i turn on my pc there is no display and no hdd activity. I have a p5qpl am mobo.
Can u guys plz help md out

sukesh1090

Adam young
check all the cables whether they are in place or not.is that the computer starts and HDD is not detected or the comp itself not switching on?
post your PSU.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I thought of cleaning my motherboard and the chassis. I removed all cables, except the cpu, heatsink, gpu and ram. Now when i turn on my pc there is no display and no hdd activity. I have a p5qpl am mobo.
Can u guys plz help md out

Just tight the all cables and vga cable.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
ok, i tightened the power and sata cable to the hdd and dvd writer and inserted sata cables in sata 1 and 2 port. Refitted cpu, applied fresh coat of thermal paste. Refitted the gpu too. Connect all atx power supply cables, cleaned ram and refitted. Still when i turn it on, the cpu light turns on, mobo led turns on, monitor shows no signal. Everything was working perfectly this morning. Btw my psu is iball 500w.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
ok, i tightened the power and sata cable to the hdd and dvd writer and inserted sata cables in sata 1 and 2 port. Refitted cpu, applied fresh coat of thermal paste. Refitted the gpu too. Connect all atx power supply cables, cleaned ram and refitted. Still when i turn it on, the cpu light turns on, mobo led turns on, monitor shows no signal. Everything was working perfectly this morning. Btw my psu is iball 500w.

OK.check the ram again..if u hav two ram stick...then install 1stick at a time.Might be ram issue.Also that iball psu might be faulty.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Do not use GPU at first, try to boot up PC from motherboards integrated graphics.. Let see what happens. Also try to boot up your PC with minimal config.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Make sure the 4-pin CPU power connector is in place. Remove the graphics card and connect the monitor to the onboard display output. While doing this kind of investigation, it's best to disconnect all drives and see if you get the POST display.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Check cables coming out from Monitor. Loose power cable or VGA cable does theis sometimes.

Top Bottom