PC won't boot up.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
It was working fine till yesterday. Now it's not booting up. I cleaned the RAM. Put it back. Reset BIOS. But still it won't boot up. I have a beeper attached to the MoBo (Got it from my old PC). It used to beep earlier. It won't beep now. :( Help.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Need more info.
Like, how many times the internal speaker beeps & what type of beep is it?
Reset the BIOS.
If nothing, absolutely nothing happens, try running with min config (i.e. processor+motherboard+PSU) See if you can hear the beep.

Post back the result.

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
That beeper is for testing purpose. It beeps once when MoBo starts up. And it is not beeping up now. Already reset the BIOS. The PC isn't booting up at all. No Signal on the Screen. CD Drive works. Keyboard does not. How to see if Hard Disk is working or not?

Will try the Proccy + Mobo + PSU method at night and post the result.

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
There's a light on the MoBo which turns on when I turn the power button on. There are two front LEDs. AFAIK, One for Power (Yellow) and One For HDD (Red). Only yellow is turning up.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ same problem was there few months back in my PC.. Mobo capacitors were gone kaput.. it might b the same issue in your case..

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I suspect it to be a CPU / CPU Cooler Problem.

The CPU Cooler is running quite slow. I've had problens in past with my CPU Cooler and CPU.

The MoBo might have shut itself down as a result. Is there a way to bypass the Motherboard's safety system. I know that it's not recommended.

I cleaned the CPU Cooler, etc. There was lot of dust in there.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ that wont be the case i believe.. mobo itself shut down the temp increase arnd beyond the certain limit.. that cud be 100c or more..
and ideally this cant happen just after starting a PC..

so IMO issue could be in MOBO coz of capacitors gone weak..

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
lol how can you be so sure? How to check if Mobo's capacitance gone weak?

I still believe that it's a CPU problem. The CPU cooler is running very slow. As a result, overheating might have taken place. The Mobo might have shut itself down.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
hehe.. i am not so sure also.. i was just sharing a possibility buddy.. becoz i had a same issue and what you were telling has very rare chances...

from where you purchased your PC? whats your config?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
There's a light on the MoBo which turns on when I turn the power button on. There are two front LEDs. AFAIK, One for Power (Yellow) and One For HDD (Red). Only yellow is turning up.

Then it either be a problem with GPU (or iGPU) or HDD.
SMPS, motherboard are having no problem.

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
^^ If it was a problem with HDD, the screen would have atleast showed something. Not a problen with HDD.

Something got to do with mobo. Because that beeper is not beeping. It is especially for the purpose of testing.

If MoBo shuts itself down due to high temp. How to does it turns on again when things are normal again? automatically?

kisame

King of Heroes
BIOS gives warning about high temps on CPU.
Since you are not getting display,either CPU or mobo is gone kaput.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Then it either be a problem with GPU (or iGPU) or HDD.
SMPS, motherboard are having no problem.

^^ same problem was there few months back in my PC.. Mobo capacitors were gone kaput.. it might b the same issue in your case..

BIOS gives warning about high temps on CPU.
Since you are not getting display,either CPU or mobo is gone kaput.

I dont think so. I just remembered that i also had a similar issue 1.5yrs ago with my old pc. When i started it up, the leds and the fans inside started and turned off after 1-2 secs. I replaced the PSU and everything was fine thereafter.

But there is a difference, the problem with my pc started very slowly and gradually grew and at the end the pc wont start before the PSU was replaced

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ If it was a problem with HDD, the screen would have atleast showed something. Not a problen with HDD.

Something got to do with mobo. Because that beeper is not beeping. It is especially for the purpose of testing.

If MoBo shuts itself down due to high temp. How to does it turns on again when things are normal again? automatically?

No beep = Motherboard problem.
May be something to do with damaged/burnt VRMs.
Better option is to RMA (!) that mobo of yours.

Top Bottom