pc with in 80k.....in hyderabad..ctc..vry urgent

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

No Pulsur it is not true. 2 5770 in crossfire is better than HD 5850, but not better than HD 5870. Just checked the guru3d review. There are also some simple reasons also

a single 5770 has 800 stream processor, 40 texture unit and 16 ROP unit with 128 bit memory bus.
a single HD 5870 has 1600 stream processor, 80 Texture unit and 32 ROP with 256 bit memory bandwidth.
So doubling a HD 5770 will just match the Stream processor, texture Unit and ROp unit count of a HD 5870.
Now it is a proven truth that, 2 cards in crossfire, never doubles the performance, it is near to double, say 1.XX time increase in performance.
secondly the The motherboard, when in Xfire mode will operate in X8 mode, reducing the GPU bandwidth. So single HD 5870 cannot be beaten by 5770 is Xfire, but it definitely beats HD 5850. The negetive points are
increase in thermal and noise level as well as in Power requirement.
You are also closing the option of adding another card without selling oe of them.

:agreed: 2X HD5770 in Xfire will offer performance almost same as HD5870. but not more.

about X8 mode. is HD5770 enough powerful to use full X16 bandwidth or say X8 too less? i don't think so. X8 should be enough for it. X16 will be a better but X8 Xfire won't affect performance.

Cilus

laborare est orare
2X HD5770 in Xfire will offer performance almost same as HD5870. but not more.

about X8 mode. is HD5770 enough powerful to use full X16 bandwidth or say X8 too less? i don't think so. X8 should be enough for it. X16 will be a better but X8 Xfire won't affect performance.

X8 is little less for today's graphics card. Xfire increases performance due to the parallelism, having two GPU to work simultaneously. But in X8 mode, the system will not be able to fed the hungry graphics card with the data required, while playing games in Full HD, with Antialising set to highest level. Then performance starts to scaled down due to the bottleneck.
This is same problem faced by Core i5 750, in multi GPU setup as its PCI Express controller operates in X8 mode when two GPUs are connected.

Another thing is HD 5770 is having 128 bit memory bus compared to 256 bit of HD 58XX series. Now putting two 128 bit cards does not give you the bandwidth of a 256 bit card operating in same frequency, it will be always less.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
ya you are correct man. HD5770 crossfire > HD5850 not 5870. But which mobo do we have which supports crossfire @ 16X ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
it hurts a lot coming from a delhite. you could have just said you are notwell versed in it, but irrirtating is way too much for ur mother tounge. respect it.

A. I am not a Delhi native.
B. I respect my mother tongue which his hindi, so do not type it in Roman (hindi typed in English) to *******ize it.
C. Most people read these forums really quick and post - reading Hindi in English slows down the process.
D. Hindi in English is difficult to understand and comprehend, thus reply too.
E. Not all users are Hindi speaking .

well are there any major price drops in september?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

well is it right.....? i was adviced by some of my friends as "if we go for intel i7 i was asked to go for normal gpu as games will be good in intel cpu....where as if we go for x6 i was askd to go for very good solid gpu as it equals intel i7...for it also they told that there is slight advantage in amd bcoz multi threading is good in amd and for muli media it will be good...." how far is it true....?

also which is ideal ?going for X fire gpu or a single high end gpu is enough....?money not an issue in this case....as i am in desperate need of a untouchable rig for atleast few years....

what's the cost of i7 980x.....?is it good than x6 1090?i heard it is around 40k+...

If you really want to go for Xfire get the HD5870s or get the HD5970. It is quite pointless getting 2x HD5770, the HD5870 is almost there at same level. The extra clutter of cables, space occupation, power consumption is not worth it, unless using the highest end cards.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@asigh dont feel bad man. i only objected on irritating word, just say it in another way next time. and i totaly agree with you writing hindi in roman may not appeal to all but you know using hindi font is not an option.

@gpu iam still going to stick with one 5850 and sell it and get its replacement in april may . i am sure 6850 or whatever its name be wil be a more advanced product and will deliver much better in dx11 games.

*www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/Asus-combines-two-Radeon-HD-5870-cards_4987.html

heres an overkill

Last edited:
Top Bottom