PC upgradation.....budget ~32k-33k

hellosubho01

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:mostly for gaming,hd movie viewing & some photoshop works
games like crysis 2,BF3,Skyrim,Rage,Modern warfare 3 will be played in mid high settings

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:32-33k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have Seagate 500GB+1 Tb external+320 GB external

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes...22" full HD 1920*1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: CASE(already have CM Elite 310)
GPU(already have Sapphire HD Radeon 6850)
HDD(already have 500 GB seagate Barracuda)
Mouse(already have Razer Abyssus)
Keyboard(already have Razer Arctosa Black)
PSU(already have Coolermaster extreme 600W!!!should I replace this?)
UPS
Speaker(already have Altec lansing VS4121)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:By 31st May,2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:By me and a friend .I have built before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kolkata...buying locally....sorry not open to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Will your suggested CPU need additional cooler or stock cooler will be fine??
The psu I posses has dubious reputation....should I consider replacement??...
I need mobo,proccy,RAM & monitor...and maybe a psu!!
33 K max
Thanx in advance!

SunE

Professional Newbie
I can think of 3 combinations for you:

Intel i5 2400 (Rs 11000)+ Intel DH67CL(Rs 5600)+Corsair Value RAM 4GB(Rs 1200)+ Seasonic S12ii-520(Rs 3700) + Dell ST2220M (Rs 8000)= Rs 29500

Intel i5-2500k (Rs 12750) + Biostar TZ68K+ (Rs 7235) + G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB (Rs 1500) + Seasonic S12ii-520(Rs 3700) + Dell ST2220M (Rs 8000)= Rs 33185

Intel i5-2500k (Rs 12750) + ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (Rs 9880) + G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB (Rs 1500) + Seasonic S12ii-520(Rs 3700) + Dell ST2220M (Rs 8000)= Rs 35830

The last config is really recommended but if it's simply not affordable then you might skip the PSU for now as your GPU is not that power hungry and neither are these SB chips. Though don't try overclocking with it.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes you should replace you Cooler Master 600W,As you might end up burning your Computer with i5+6850.
Better get a seasonic or corsair 500-600w.
As CM extreme 600W is not 80+ certified and its underpowered

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
keep the PSU but don't overclock anything. Go for the last config. overclock it later when you feel your processor is slow. of course, change PSU then for the safety of your own PC. but this won't happen for another 2-3yrs for sure :)

OP
H

hellosubho01

Broken In
thanks @sam & @serpent16
@serpent16 Precisely...I am thinking about keeping my psu(As It's only 6 months old and doing fine on E7500+6850.....ran games with high settings) for some time and then change it later....
Another thing...Do I need a cpu cooler to safely run my i5??or the stock cooler will be fine??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Another thing...Do I need a cpu cooler to safely run my i5??or the stock cooler will be fine??

if you can, go for Hyper 212 Evo. its not for safety but actually the processor will heat up quite a bit under load. you can tweak the voltage but that won't help much.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
keep the PSU but don't overclock anything. Go for the last config. overclock it later when you feel your processor is slow. of course, change PSU then for the safety of your own PC. but this won't happen for another 2-3yrs for sure :)

Well wont an intel i5 be a overkill to that PSU?

koolent

Youngling
Actually, no unless you are overclocking quite a bit.. It will work on just the edge.. I will recommend you get Corsair GS600 as its 80+ Certified and will give you overclocking potential

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Well wont an intel i5 be a overkill to that PSU?

No. If no overclocking is done, that too, for just a peace of mind, then there will be absolutely no problem with his system.

Actually, no unless you are overclocking quite a bit.. It will work on just the edge.. I will recommend you get Corsair GS600 as its 80+ Certified and will give you overclocking potential

It won't "work on the edge". This certainly means that the GS600 you are recommending is also of no use coz his system will be using like 600W?

i5+6850 build takes at MAX 350W. So his PSU is not getting overloaded. No need to change it.

Seriously people have to stop "hating" on some PSUs just because they are considered somewhat lower class. Practically the scenario is always different and we should advice keeping that in mind. "Changing" is not always the option.

koolent

Youngling
His PSU, eh.. Lets take can kick 420W as it can take 70% effieciency. Now if he overclocks a bit, its A-OK. What if he seriously overclocks (Quite a bit) to be precise, and too his CPU and GPU, he will have to change his PSU.

Try to understand others befor DOMINATING their openions, please, sorry if that language ws not understood, will write simpler next time.

Cilus

laborare est orare
koolent, are you calculating the power provided by a 70% efficient PSu like this: 430W X 70% = 430X70/100 W = 301 W and telling it can't provide enough power when overclocked. If yes then it is completely wrong.

If a PSU is true 430W then it can provide 430W power all the time within its working temparature irrespective of its effeciency. Efficiency means the amount of power the PSU takes from the home circuit to provide the rated power. So if a 430W PSU is 70% efficient then and it takes P Watt power from your switch board then

P X 70% = 430 -> P = 430X100/70 = 614.3W

So it will take around 614W power from the circuit to provide 430W power. Better efficiency means less power consumption, not higher power output.

Piyush

Lanaya
This
Seriously people have to stop "hating" on some PSUs just because they are considered somewhat lower class. Practically the scenario is always different and we should advice keeping that in mind. "Changing" is not always the option.

BTW, the 2nd and 3rd rigs by SunE were good enough for you to go for

OP
H

hellosubho01

Broken In
Thank you for all your support guys...
@Cilus I see that you live in kolkata...can u point out a shop which store G Skill Ripjaw RAMs??I am having a hard time finding that in chandni market,kolkata

Cilus

laborare est orare
They are available in M.D. Computer, Kolkata.
Call @ 09830581667 to Mr. Palash who is the incharge of gaming section. Tell him that you got the price of 3.1K fro the 8 GB 1600 MHz from Digit forum. He is well aware of our forum.

Top Bottom