PC takes long time to load even BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
PC is taking a very long time for loading even bios . ( 1 minute 6 seconds when I last counted )

Checked hard disks with HD Tune Pro , they are fine .

Tried booting without external hard disk , but same result . (1.6)

Tried booting after removing RAM . But the mobo took around 1 minute 4 seconds to cry !

So I am guessing it is not RAM problem also .

Someone suggested that PSU might be faulty . My current one is Zebronics 450W . Should I try changing the PSU ?

Or will it be a problem of CPU or Mobo ?

Gollum

Collector
disconnect all HDD's from your PC along with ODD and then try.
Also try to clear CMOS
>do you have a Graphics card connected?

Zebronics 450w PSU is considered el cheapo de crapo by many so It might be the reason but I cannot say anything until its swapped with a good one.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
which devices are connected to the PC??
i have seen similar situation cause of a faulty USB pendrive

remove everything from Mobo just keep the CPU & one RAM then boot

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen this happening due to graphics card .. nearly takes a minute just to startup pc ( showing some display and loading bios ) .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
then this may be due to excessive humidity on air .. put some little bags/pouch/sachets of silica gel inside of the cabinet to avoid such issue in the future.

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
then this may be due to excessive humidity on air .. put some little bags/pouch/sachets of silica gel inside of the cabinet to avoid such issue in the future.

This :O
Where can i get those gels ? I will try this . It may be the reason because it recently started raining ? :confused:

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
From yesterday onwards , I get the beep sound within 20-30 seconds but nothing is coming on screen . When i press restart button the fans rotates in more speed with higher sound .
But with 5-6 tries of on-off it gets booted normally ! :confused:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
do you have a discrete gpu? can you test the pc with another gpu?

check menory modules and slot.

test with another psu.

remount the cpu.

at-last the mobo may be acting up so if it's within warranty send for rma.

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I have Zotac GT240 . Removed it and turned on pc with integrated . And it boots fine .
:(
So I think the card is gone :(

I bought it one year ago from flipkart and it is still under warranty .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
not every bios has such option buddy ;-) btw, can you elaborate us a little more exactly what's the use of this option ?

not every bios has such option buddy ;-) btw, can you elaborate us a little more exactly what's the use of this option ?

Enabling this option causes the display of text from PCI card's ROM too during POST. Normally we see only motherboard's bios' text, but this option will display PCI card's text too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I thought of something like that ;-) anyway, thanks for the clarification and on some mobos there''s no option to disable or enable this and it always shows the basic gpu info on the top left corner anyway and it's a cool thing to look at but some mobos has no option for it and disables this by default .. looks like Intel Original mobo's bios has lots of options to play with.

@ Allu Azad - from the next time when you post a thread like this do consider posting the system spec on the first post itself.

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
@ Allu Azad - from the next time when you post a thread like this do consider posting the system spec on the first post itself.

My bad , I was confused .
But today when I booted pc for first time , it didn't boot . No post beep , no display . No response on pressing power on or restart button .
Then I switched of UPS and restarted then it booted fine .
I am really confused right now .
Going to check GPU on another PC this evening .

My GPU works in my friend's PC . So I think the card is fine . May be the problem lies with PSU or mobo . :confused:

Last edited:
OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Got Seasonic s2ii520W PSU today . Installed .

And my GPU works and all the problems are gone !!!

Looks like I learned the hard way .

Always buy a trusted PSU .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice to know that you fixed the issue ;-) how much you paid for the Seasonic s2ii520W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom