Which is better for gaming.....?

• i5 3570k with hd 7950

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • fx 8350 with hd7970

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Cilus

laborare est orare
Lets stop forcing anything, we have discussed both the options already with all the pro and cons, lets OP decide now.

i5 3570K + HD 7970, if OP can stretch his budget. But there are two things I want to point out. With the extra money saved if OP goes with FX configuration, he can easily opt for some factory overclocked HD 7970 cards like the Sapphire Vapor-X edition or the ASUS Direct CU II option. Those cards are highly overclocked version and come with the best build quality. There will also be further room for oveclocking.

Another thing: the FX series OP has a more prominent upgrade path. With Intel, 2013 Q2, Haswell will be launched, requiring a complete new socket based motherboard. And we know from our experience that in those cases how swiftly Intel just stop production of their previous gen CPU. On the other hand, AMD has already confirmed that AM3+ socket is going to support upcoming Stream Roller processors, hence offering a more prominent upgrade path.
Obviously those things can't be a deciding factor but can be considered value added benefits OP can get.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Lets stop forcing anything, we have discussed both the options already with all the pro and cons, lets OP decide now.

i5 3570K + HD 7970, if OP can stretch his budget. But there are two things I want to point out. With the extra money saved if OP goes with FX configuration, he can easily opt for some factory overclocked HD 7970 cards like the Sapphire Vapor-X edition or the ASUS Direct CU II option. Those cards are highly overclocked version and come with the best build quality. There will also be further room for oveclocking.

Another thing: the FX series OP has a more prominent upgrade path. With Intel, 2013 Q2, Haswell will be launched, requiring a complete new socket based motherboard. And we know from our experience that in those cases how swiftly Intel just stop production of their previous gen CPU. On the other hand, AMD has already confirmed that AM3+ socket is going to support upcoming Stream Roller processors, hence offering a more prominent upgrade path.
Obviously those things can't be a deciding factor but can be considered value added benefits OP can get.

wow that really earns +1 for amd rig.....
And for gaming at 1080 will 7950 well not be enough I mean there is no large difference between the two...
But I think huge price gap is there if 7970 would be like @ 26k it would be justifiable....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
asus direct cu2t @ 30500 is it a good card or vapor x is better.?

I would choose direct cu II over vapor-x anyday.

30.5k for dcII is very good.

Owing to its 1ghz core clock speed, it will perform similarly like a 7970 ghz edition out of the box.
That will also make it a tad faster than a reference gtx 680 in almost all games.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I suggest go for amd rig .... Its cheaper but I think I near future games will be becoming more processor dependent since processing power is going way up and developers would very much like to take its advantage...
Also u can change processor on amd rig(although i seriously doubt u will)
So for like 1-2 years go for amd rig and for like 2-3 years go for intel rig...(that is without changing processor)...

Also its also on the news that amd is continuously firing its to executives some of important faces of amd... So idk if the future of company is secured....

Thinking Economically u can go for amd config eyes closed ....

let the poll speak for itself

serially dude u want to take poll for that?
Its like if we try to take poll on every part then it will take a hell lot of time...
U live in india u should have known better than that ....
(no wonder that no important bill passes in the parliament)
sorry about this I mean no offence...

hitman4

In the zone
Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K - Rs 13,812
Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD3H - Rs 12,075 (Does both SLi and CF and has msata too)
GPU : MSI HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC : Rs 28,500
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Rs 4,300

RAM:G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) *2 @3.32k
PSU:Corsair TX 650 V2@5.8k
DvD Drive:Asus DRW-24B3ST@1.1k
Cabinet:Carbide 400r@4.6k
Monitor:BENQ GW2250HM @8.6k ( Try and get the DELL ST2240L [1920x1080 IPS panel with LED] for Rs 400 more approx.)
Keyboard:Logitech K200 @0.4K
Mouse:Logitech G400@1.6k
Speakers:F&D A111U 2.1 @1.6k
CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO @2.1k

Edit : Total - Rs 87,807/-

If you are not too tight on your budget better spend Rs 2700 more and get this Rig.
:+1: completely

serially dude u want to take poll for that?
Its like if we try to take poll on every part then it will take a hell lot of time...
U live in india u should have known better than that ....
(no wonder that no important bill passes in the parliament)
sorry about this I mean no offence...
Did i started the poll...?

OP
L

Lop

Broken In
Intel i5 3570k 13900
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 2100
Gigabyte z77x ud3h 12700
G Skill RipjawsX 2x4Gb 3000
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 5900
Sapphire HD7970 OC 30500
Corsair Tx650 V2 5500
Corsair 400r 4700
HP i1230 1200
BenQ GL2250HM 8500
Windows 8 3500
APC 1100VA 3500
Logitech K200 400
Logitech G400 1500
Razer Goliathus Fragged Control 600
TOTAL 97500

how is this config.....?

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard - ASRock: Flipkart.com

cheaper by 2000 INR and good (had good reviews read,,)

*www.flipkart.com/benq-24-inch-led-...4FKU&ref=d243955e-8b3e-410a-9de9-309805c4702a Better than BenQ GL2250HM or if possible go with *www1.ap.dell.com/content/topics/gl...n/bsd/monitor-dell-u2211h?c=in&l=en&cs=inbsd1

IPS panel

BTW^^ seems exceeding budget by a lot.
You should mention this so that ppl here can help you better

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Lop, please confirm what your budget is in the 1st place. If it is 98K now then all the forum members here were wasting our times here. 85K to 98K is a huge jump, not just normal 5K to 7K jump which we suggest sometimes to get a better configuration. We all tried really hard to suggest the best thing at a budget of 85K, explaining everything and suddenly you say that now it is 98K.................not acceptable.

Regarding Monitor, we have already suggested you a better Display, explaining everything. So if you just want to change it with a not so better one without any reason, don't ask.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Lop, please confirm what your budget is in the 1st place. If it is 98K now then all the forum members here were wasting our times here. 85K to 98K is a huge jump, not just normal 5K to 7K jump which we suggest sometimes to get a better configuration. We all tried really hard to suggest the best thing at a budget of 85K, explaining everything and suddenly you say that now it is 98K.................not acceptable.

Regarding Monitor, we have already suggested you a better Display, explaining everything. So if you just want to change it with a not so better one without any reason, don't ask.

I am already thinking to close it...wasting our time is not acceptable.

OP
L

Lop

Broken In

my budget is 85 k without os ups and keyboard and mouse...
as i have kept 10k for them

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
my budget is 85 k without os ups and keyboard and mouse...
as i have kept 10k for them

Its okay mate. I think your point is well justified. None of us suggested u a ups for your rig and you've chosen the perfect one.
We also respect your decision on buying original software and in this case its the OS.

I guess the discussion is still on track. Now its upto you how much you can spend.
If you can accommodate an i5 with a good z77 board, then get it. But fx 8350 based config will save you some good amount of money.
In this case, its your call. :)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
@hitm4n dude calm down
@op please update ur first post

hey u can get a i7 3770k with good mobi in that budget
here I m posting my rig (that I m considering of buying)
highest vfm....(In my opinion):
Intel Core i7 3770/i7 3770 k 17000/19000
mobo: Gigabyte H77DS3H /Gigabyte Sniper M3 07200/11850
RAM: Gskill 8GB RAM F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - Rs 02750
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC - Rs 22000
HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (ST2000DM001) 64MB Rs.6000
Cache
SMPS: Corsair gs600 Rs. 4500
Cabinet:
NZXT Beta Evo/carbide 400R Rs. 2600/4800
OPD:
Samsung SH-S 223F Rs.1000
Monitor: Dell S2240L ips panel Rs.9000
prices I have yet to confirm but last time highest price was 79k

Last edited:

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
I think i5 is good enough for gaming with 7970 .
But as op has 85000 budget he can opt for 7970 with i7 (i think)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
i7 is quite unnecessary for a gaming rig unless you have other priorities attached as well.
Take an i5, upgrade gpu with the money saved.

Top Bottom