Pc Shutdown issue

deadcode00

Broken In
ok i have recently upgraded my pc from core 2 duo to amd fx 8350... and my current config is, Amd fx 8350,asus m5a97 evo r2.0(motherboard),corsair vengeance 4x2,corsair gs600(psu),hd6850(graphic card),apc600 va(ups),corsair cabinet 400r.

my pc is running good, but sometimes when i shutdown my pc its not completely shutting down everytime , all the fans inside are running, my monitor,keyboard,mouse even hardisk shutting down properly. and also i have noticed on two occasions in a week when my computer is in idle for hour or long it shutdowns by its own :shock: i mean total shutdown no sleep mode. i'm really getting worried now cause i just upgraded my pc and now facing this problem from one week.. please reply guys and suggest me something

OP
deadcode00

deadcode00

Broken In
Hmmm i bought that ups last year .. But how could it be the reason of not shutting down my pc properly , i could understand random shutdown cause of it...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this could be an issue with windows 8 coz hen I was using windows 8 and give it a shutdown command the monitor would turn off ( goes into stqandby mode actually ) in just few seconds but to power off the whole pc it would take one more minute .. anyway, you can try some linux distro if you want or see if all the power options like ACPI etc. setings are correct in bios. Also check the power settings of windows and make sure Sleep mode is selected as never.

OP
deadcode00

deadcode00

Broken In
this could be an issue with windows 8 coz hen I was using windows 8 and give it a shutdown command the monitor would turn off ( goes into stqandby mode actually ) in just few seconds but to power off the whole pc it would take one more minute .. anyway, you can try some linux distro if you want or see if all the power options like ACPI etc. setings are correct in bios. Also check the power settings of windows and make sure Sleep mode is selected as never.

Yeah your right top gear.. Im still keeping close eye on my pc behaviour , looks like it was a windows 8 issue.. Its working fine under windows 7 till now :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I've moved to windows 7 for various issues with windows 8. If win 8 works for some it's great otherwise it sucks big time ( no offense to anyone ).

Top Bottom