pc problem

savithk

Journeyman
I having some issues with my PC .well last night PC work fine on morning i shutdown .after some time when i press power button Computer Powers on, but does NOT Boot up...no display....no beep sound..nothing ..The PSU fan is spinning,the CPU fan is spinning, the LED on the motherboard is working and my keyboard CAPS etc is working. , hard drives is spinning.......well this problem happen in previously.....No idea how that happened i try to resolve it from myside ...well sometime got successful but NOT time...normaly i remove the Ram module & re-inserting them...its works...but NOT this time when i remove that Ram module... empty DIMM slot ...there is no beep sound....nothing is happening...what about CMOS battery ....should i change ya some time PC show wrong time & date & year .give ur suggestion....its long frustrating process :-(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Your config suggests that it must be at least a few years old. So I suggest that you replace the CMOS battery. This is not guaranteed to solve the problem, but a CMOS battery is cheap. Some motherboards work with a good battery or no battery at all, but can show weird symptoms with a weak one.

If you can measure the battery voltage with a digital multimeter, you can have an idea of its state. Anything below about 2.8-2.9V indicates that it's time to replace it.

Have you had wet weather for some time in Ahmedabad? Strange symptoms can also be caused by moisture, especially if it has been absorbed and retained by accumulated dust. In this case, the solution is to clean and dry out everything.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
it's mostly RAM, if multiple sticks, try one at a time...
then graphics card if separately installed. Remove these HW, clean the slots and try again.

Moderators - I would like to just keep you informed that whenever I wish to post new thread I keep on getting following msg:
'The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.'
even though my msg is more than 10 chars..could not find other way to inform this to you. Hence inserting in this reply. Thx.

mumblehere

On The Game
I having some issues with my PC .well last night PC work fine on morning i shutdown .after some time when i press power button Computer Powers on, but does NOT Boot up...no display....no beep sound..nothing ..The PSU fan is spinning,the CPU fan is spinning, the LED on the motherboard is working and my keyboard CAPS etc is working. , hard drives is spinning.......well this problem happen in previously.....No idea how that happened i try to resolve it from myside ...well sometime got successful but NOT time...normaly i remove the Ram module & re-inserting them...its works...but NOT this time when i remove that Ram module... empty DIMM slot ...there is no beep sound....nothing is happening...what about CMOS battery ....should i change ya some time PC show wrong time & date & year .give ur suggestion....its long frustrating process :-(

also check the capacitors in your motherboard. if they have bulbed-up at the top portion, then it may be causing the problem. i had the same problem u had, especially in cold weather. i changed the capacitors, and now its working fine. ageing capacitors tend to act different in cold weather, it seems.

Piyush

Lanaya
anyways

my mobo went kaput yesterday
i dunno what went down in it?
so its gone for repairing/replacing
will get it after 3-4 days

Piyush

Lanaya
suddenly? no sound or smell or anything?

yup bro
it was 6"o clock when i started my pc and i went down
i opened it and checked the power supply
it was fine
i was getting a feeling that connections might be loose
so i unplugged all the wires and reconnected them all again

the problem still persist
but i noticed one strange thing
even i f i dont touch the start button on the cabinet , the PC started on its own an then shut down on its own

then i thought it might be the power on button,but it was very professionally fixed in the cabby

so i packed it up and went to SMC the next day......and to the service center

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even i f i dont touch the start button on the cabinet , the PC started on its own an then shut down on its own

did you removed the CMOS battery & again reinserted it? though i feel (after hearing your experience) that its best give it for RMA. let the Gigabyte guys take care of it. why make your hands dirty & ticker something that may end up voiding the warranty (they may give some strange claims).

then i thought it might be the power on button,but it was very professionally fixed in the cabby

nah. cabby power supply button hardly have any relationship if the PC boots up when you turn UPS/mains on. theres a option in BIOS to let the PC boot as soon as it gets power. but auto shutdown. sorry this out of my head :?

Top Bottom