PC not starting after cleaning

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Thanks for all the replies people. My PC is back up and running. I reseated the ram and reattached all the cables on the motherboard but it didn't work. As it turns out the connector plug of the 4+4 pin connector had been loosened (probably happened it during the cleaning). So I tightened it and reconnected it and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT : Overclocked base clock from 200 to 215 with a little voltage bump :D (too bad when the PC was new it used to go to 219) Will try and take it higher tomorrow

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all the replies people. My PC is back up and running. I reseated the ram and reattached all the cables on the motherboard but it didn't work. I just happened to think of replacing the power cable to the motherboard from the psu and so used another one. As it turns out, it worked. The connector plug of the previous cable must have loosened from the cable a bit or something (probably damaged it during the cleaning). Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT : Overclocked base clock from 200 to 215 with a little voltage bump :D (too bad when the PC was new it used to go to 219) Will try and take it higher tomorrow

this could be due to psu is getting weaker and how did you exactly changed the psu cable that comes from the PSU and connects with the mobo ( 4 pin / 8 pin EPS or 24 pn power cable ) - I don't think they can be easily changed or you changed the psus AC power cord ?

BTW, which PSU do you have ( brand and model ) ?

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Sorry I wasn't able to make myself clear, probably due to the time at which I posted the previous reply. I tightened the plugs of the 4+4 cable and so got the system running and OCed it (thats the edit). PSU is CM GX 550.

Previous reply edited to make more sense :)

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
@topgear : no. he said :
I just happened to think of replacing the power cable to the motherboard from the psu and so used another one.
not the AC cord.

same question bumped in my mind too, though saw your's posted below. :wink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ asked about every possible thing just to be sure so this can help anyone else having same issue now or in the future.

@ SlashDK - so you used the pci-e 6+2 pin power connector to power up the mobo instead of 8 pin EPS connector ( this mainly powers up the cpu ) .. never heard of anyone doing this as it's not recommended or a very safe method .... anyway, your psu is a decent one though.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
^^ asked about every possible thing just to be sure so this can help anyone else having same issue now or in the future.

@ SlashDK - so you used the pci-e 6+2 pin power connector to power up the mobo instead of 8 pin EPS connector ( this mainly powers up the cpu ) .. never heard of anyone doing this as it's not recommended or a very safe method .... anyway, your psu is a decent one though.
Delete

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
As I said, I didn't boot the PC, just got the beep (so got to know power cable was at fault). Oh and removed that from previous posts and suggest you do too like like kARTechnology just said, we don't want people trying this out.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think there's no need for deleting the method you've used .. it worked for you and may work for someone else and deleting a method for being it only unsafe can't be an excuse and that's why we get to see lots of rooting, oc, sub zero cooling and custom mod like stuff - all of them are unsafe generally but that does mot mean they should not be even published - if anyone wants to try these at their own risks there's plenty to learn from such things and congrats to you for trying some thing unconventional ;-)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I think there's no need for deleting the method you've used .. it worked for you and may work for someone else and deleting a method for being it only unsafe can't be an excuse and that's why we get to see lots of rooting, oc, sub zero cooling and custom mod like stuff - all of them are unsafe generally but that does mot mean they should not be even published - if anyone wants to try these at their own risks there's plenty to learn from such things and congrats to you for trying some thing unconventional ;-)

As I said, I didn't boot the PC, just got the beep (so got to know power cable was at fault). Oh and removed that from previous posts and suggest you do too like like kARTechnology just said, we don't want people trying this out.

I didn't meant to say delete like that
But I posted in wrong thread so I Edited to " delete"

Top Bottom