pc not booting after instal asus ati 5450 hd gpu

sanads

Tech Lover
I just buy this product , but after installing the gpu pc won't start. but when I remove gpu everything works fine.

my cofig: Intel core2duo e66, msi g31tm, 320 hd, fsp saga II 500, lg 20inch led

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
by won't start what do you mean ?? pc showing no display or even the cabinet lights are not getting on / cpu fan not spinning ??

If you are not getting any display then before installing the gfx card set initial / primary display source as pci-e/peg from bios setting - save and rebot shutdown and install the gfx card and turn the pc back on or else after installing the gfx card reset cmos setting by removing the cmos battery and putting it back on after 2-3 mins.

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
@top gear, pc not starting. lcd light blinking

my mb model MSI G31TM-P21 , does this support asus 5450 hd gpu

Last edited:

dibya_kol

In the zone
clean dusts from pcie slot, install ur card, take out ur mobo batery(bios reset) and place it back after 30 sec, connect it with ur monitor then switch on ur pc.
If these were not working try that card in another pc any u might need to update ur bios as well.
Good luck.

OP
sanads

sanads

Tech Lover
I tried every thing also bios update but still not working. when I start the pc generally a beep sound there, after installing gpu no beep sound also.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what is the version of PCIe Express slot in the GPU & motherboard? Heard there is conflict if you use a PCIE 2.1 GPU on a board with PCIE 1.1 slot. Checked motherboards website. It has PCIE X 16 1 (1.0 or 1.1) slot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
all pci-e x16 ( regardless of version ) gfx cards are compatible with every pci-e x16 slot ( regardless of version ) - if it's not working check for a bios update on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all pci-e x16 ( regardless of version ) gfx cards are compatible with every pci-e x16 slot ( regardless of version ) - if it's not working check for a bios update on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

i have read at least one such report about a month ago here only. Even i feel GPUs should work regardless of what version the interface is but if OP can try the GPU in some friends pc or even some pc shop. Just to be sure.

kisame

King of Heroes
What procedure did you follow to install your new gpu??
Correct english please or just explain in hindi.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have read at least one such report about a month ago here only. Even i feel GPUs should work regardless of what version the interface is but if OP can try the GPU in some friends pc or even some pc shop. Just to be sure.

I've read similar compatibility issues with only some old nforce 4/5 series chipset and pci-e 2.1 gfx cards - never read/heard any such issues with g31 chipset based mobo's though and so far I've seen every pci-e 2.1 gfx cards working on g31 mobos - so you are right, Op need to check the gfx card on a friend's pc.

Top Bottom