Pc hangs frequently

ani1751

Broken In
My friend is using intel pentium D 2.66 on asus P5RD1-VM board with 2gb ddr1 ram and 160GB sata HDD. When he uses his PC it just hangs for some seconds and stop the working of keyboard and mouse. When he used ubuntu live, there was no problem, when he runs XP problem is less frequent....what do u think the problem might be? I guess its the HDD, but he got it replaced, after using new HDD the same problem started within few days....

Plz give some solution

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check the HDD & the slot. i using exactly same motherboard with a P4 3Ghz. and i2 faced same problem. my IDE slot's side was broken.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
What can i do to check the slot? and as i mentioned the HDD was just replaced...

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

@ sam u got any solution for urself?

I tried all the slots and HDD....nothing wrong except if HDD is ruined again...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What can i do to check the slot? and as i mentioned the HDD was just replaced...

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

i guess he using IDE HDD. as sata HDD isn't detected on this particular motherboard.

i simply used the optical drive slot to run both my 250Gb HDD + DVD writer. the primary IDE slot rendered useless. or can say it'll give problem so i better off staying away.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
Actually u can detect sata HDD on the board in windows vista and windows 7, using drivers in pendrive. I am sure that he is using sata HDD. Is sata HDD the problem??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Actually u can detect sata HDD on the board in windows vista and windows 7, using drivers in pendrive. I am sure that he is using sata HDD. Is sata HDD the problem??

about sata i got no idea buddy. i use onboard graphics. so Vista or 7 out of question. add to it ram is only 1Gb.

Piyush

Lanaya
My friend is using intel pentium D 2.66 on asus P5RD1-VM board with 2gb ddr1 ram and 160GB sata HDD. When he uses his PC it just hangs for some seconds and stop the working of keyboard and mouse. When he used ubuntu live, there was no problem, when he runs XP problem is less frequent....what do u think the problem might be? I guess its the HDD, but he got it replaced, after using new HDD the same problem started within few days....

Plz give some solution
how old is ur cpu?

Piyush

Lanaya
did u ever applied thermal paste between ur cpu and hsf after ur 1st assembed?
if not try it out
but first u should have to clean up the surfaces (i forgot the name of the liquid for cleaning)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
When the HSF and CPU heat spreader surfaces make contact, the join is not 100% integral. There will be minute air gaps. This material fills those gaps so the heat dissipation is proper.

R

Robert Gentle

Hello ani1751,
There may be some hardware compatibility problem. You don't change your HDD, just change your motherboard of INTEL essential series with same processor intel pentium D 2.66. Right It may be solve your problem.

Regards..
Digital Signage

Top Bottom